It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lotto Winner Still Collecting Food Stamps:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lincoln Park lotto winner arraigned on welfare fraud charges

From The Detroit News: www.detroitnews.com...

Even though she needs to be punished for this crime I live in Michigan and
I really don't want to pay for her stint in jail.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You must sell all assets valued over a certain amount and live off of them. When they are gone or very low you may
apply and receive food assistance.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Clayton is accused of failing to report her lottery winnings as well as employment while still collecting public assistance. From The Detroit News: www.detroitnews.com...

Clayton received public assistance from August 2010 to March 2012, according to the state. She was employed from June 2011 to October 2011, but failed to report her income, investigators said From The Detroit News: www.detroitnews.com...

Sounds like it could be more about the fact she didn't report her employment. That would generate income, and I could see them mad about that.

Clayton was arrested Monday, days after Gov. Rick Snyder signed legislation that requires the Michigan Lottery to notify the Department of Human Services within seven days about lottery winners who are awarded at least $1,000.

Now why couldn't they bag her before the legislation was signed? Now they have an excuse to dig deeper in people's lives, with an "asset test". I don't know what it consists of, but I guess they are going to go into your home and determine what things you need to sell before you can get assistance.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join