It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 7, 2012 - Massive Solar Flare And SEP Chaos Around The Sun!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Just came across this video on Youtube as well as the original link to the current solar activity of the sun for March 7, 2012

Watch the latest beacon video:
stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Now, after seeing this, you have to wonder what is going on with the sun. There was a major flare shooting from the sun and then you see a major "Heliospheric" Solar Energetic Particle (SEP) chaos.

On March 6 a large solar flare erupted from the Sun launching a coronal mass ejection (CME) into space. This plasma 'cloud' is expected to pass Earth between now and tomorrow, potentially causing increased nighttime auroras. No major effects on Earth are expected as far as I could read anywhere else.

Note: The solar flare was categorised by scientists as an 'X-class' flare; these are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms.

So what is going to happen next? If a CME is associated with a flare, the arrival of the CME at Earth can trigger a geomagnetic storm. For the CME detected this morning, which is expected to arrive sometime tonight or March 8th, no major geomagnetic impacts are expected due to the angle of approach of the cloud of plasma particles toward the Earth.

Just thought I would update this here. If it was already posted, I do apologize as I couldn't find it anywhere through search engine. There were similar ones though.
*****************************************************************************************
Edit:
The interesting thing is you never know what is going on up there and its true impact on a planet.

But always keep in mindsight about "The Killshot" and its implications of life on our planet. You kind of have to be thankful these aren't mega flares hitting Earth right now.

Latest news video regarding this, posted today is right below.
MICHIO KAKU MAKES A COMMENT ON THIS NEW RELEASE!! MUST WATCH!!!

March 7, 2012 CNN News Video (also a little bit of the Killshot documentary later in the video)
[

NASA Planet & Polarity Link
edit on 7-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wow that is wild.

I wonder if any of this is being caused by that super hot cloud that our solar system is apparently running into.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ya i heard that our galaxy is traveling through some sort of huge cloud. It could be stiring things up everywhere. I'm waitin to see the next big flare. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well....I wasn't going to let this latest "event" worry me, then you made this post...thanks.

That flare looked like it was 3x the size of the sun...have ones this big hit the earth in modern (electrical grid) times?

I know there alot of factors involved...is it headed towards us etc.

I just don't feel better about this know...and what might come later on, especially since the experts think it will be worse into 2013. Maybe I should move up the date of my Dec. 21 2012 party?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dark Rift Galactic Alignment?

then the MAYA WERE RIGHT!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Put post in first post....*edit*

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Yeah we've had much larger ones hit us. I guess in 2003 we experienced an X45 or something like that. They had to make another class of flares because of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Extra information regarding the above video....

www.youtube.com...

Major Edward A. Dames, U.S. Army (ret.), announced that the Current Solar Cycle could Generate some Deadly Coronal Mass Ejections--a Series of Devastating Solar Flares--"Killshots".

Preceding Events: Killer Crop Fungus, Japanese Disaster, North Korea's use of Nuclear Weapons as an Act of War, and the Final Precursor...What appears to be a Space Shuttle Vehicle being Forced Down from Orbit by a Meteor Shower--then a Series of "Killshots" Begins.

All the Soldiers look up at the Sky and see an Atmospheric Event that Frightens Them and then They All Go Home.

Unprecedented Geophysical Events Happen...Powerful Sun's X-rays...Electric Power Grids and Communication Satellites Go Down...Countries and Cities are Without Power For Many Months...

Anything Powered By Electricity Would Be Affected, Including But Not Limited To The Following Services:
Hospitals...All Telephone Systems...Computers...Financial Transactions and Electronic Transfers Within the Banking System ...Food, Water, Supplies and Gasoline Shortages Due to a Lack of Transportation...Fuel Processing By Refineries...etc.

Major Edward A. Dames, is a decorated Military Intelligence Officer, and an original member of the U.S. Army Prototype Remote Viewing Training Program. He served as the Training and Operations Officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency's Psychic Intelligence (PSIINT) Collection Unit, and currently serves as Executive Director for the Matrix Intelligence Agency, a private consulting group.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is the largest we've had in 5 years, not a full cycle. I expect to see much worse than this by next year.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C. The existential mystery of the Fluff has to do with its surroundings. About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas. The Fluff is completely surrounded by this high-pressure supernova exhaust and should be crushed or dispersed by it.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dymiox
This is the largest we've had in 5 years, not a full cycle. I expect to see much worse than this by next year.

I would agree with you. It seems like the sun is waking up...but I think there could be more to it than meets the eye (or the observatory).

Does anyone recall the major emissions by the sun that could have been caused by a comet or maybe even a UFO?

Is there something out there that is ACCELERATING the process of CME's???

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sorry if these are stupid questions but what are the white dots and lines? How come they seem to increase? Is it interference?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Those are heliospheric solar energetic particles if I'm correct.

I'm assuming it's caused by the solar flare emitting the particles.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm going to be a little rude,(don't have time for research) and ask, what does this mean? Do I need to go do some extra stocking of the pantry?
Is there a possibility of a killshot this time around?
thanks for any answers and a short summary.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Another HD solar flare video I just found. The second youtube video is very cool

Video: X-class Solar Flares and Solar Tsunami

Source: NASA HQ
Posted Wednesday, March 7, 2012
www.spaceref.com...

On March 7, 2012 just a few minutes after midnight UT time the active region (AR11429) unleashed two strong X-class flare.

The first, X5.4-class, showed a very bright flare, the second right after, X1-class, hurled a second coronal mass ejection into Space. Also seen can be a wave going across the Sun at approx. 1,000,000 mph - also known as a Solar Tsunami.

There are also various views of this events over a couple of hours, including some close-up views of the Sunspot 1429.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added quote

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It is interesting to know what NASA says about this huge "traffic" around our sun...

Any News from official source?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
reply to post by timetothink

Yeah we've had much larger ones hit us. I guess in 2003 we experienced an X45 or something like that. They had to make another class of flares because of it.

indeed they did but luckily that wasn't aimed at earth. if we would have been hit by that you and i probably wouldn't be talking on here currently.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

What you're seeing is the result of protons that were launched by the CME hitting and interacting with the satellite's sensors.

Also known as a proton shower.

Here's footage from from 2001 showing the same thing:

edit on 8/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

In regards to the link you just posted (and I thank you for it too) ..here is a video that is actually a long lecture from the metaphysical community and what their thoughts are. Susan Rennison also gives MANY links from professionals that one can go through one by one to see if there is REALLY anything to this "cloud of energy". Check it out... I have watched it now... 3 times!!! IF ( i mean a big IF) haarp is really effecting anything of importance then it may even be of even more importance because it may indeed be hindering instead of helping. Who knows... I don't but I am sure studying it.

ETA: Here is a link from NASA regarding the Suns Heliosphere
www.nasa.gov...

"The sun's magnetic field extends all the way to the edge of the solar system," explains Opher. "Because the sun spins, its magnetic field becomes twisted and wrinkled, a bit like a ballerina's skirt. Far, far away from the sun, where the Voyagers are now, the folds of the skirt bunch up." When a magnetic field gets severely folded like this, interesting things can happen. Lines of magnetic force criss-cross, and "reconnect". (Magnetic reconnection is the same energetic process underlying solar flares.) The crowded folds of the skirt reorganize themselves, sometimes explosively, into foamy magnetic bubbles. "We never expected to find such a foam at the edge of the solar system, but there it is!" says Opher's colleague, University of Maryland physicist Jim Drake. Theories dating back to the 1950s had predicted a very different scenario: The distant magnetic field of the sun was supposed to curve around in relatively graceful arcs, eventually folding back to rejoin the sun. The actual bubbles appear to be self-contained and substantially disconnected from the broader solar magnetic field. Energetic particle sensor readings suggest that the Voyagers are occasionally dipping in and out of the foam—so there might be regions where the old ideas still hold. But there is no question that old models alone cannot explain what the Voyagers have found. Says Drake: "We are still trying to wrap our minds around the implications of these findings.

edit on 8-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What is going on?
We have been told time and time again that this will be an active period for the sun.
That's what's going on.
Maybe the doom mongers will finally get their fix this year. After all, we have sun doom, war doom and financial doom to choose from. Or maybe all three...

edit on 8-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join