It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE IMAGE to sum up Kony

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A real eye opener!!

PHONY 2012!!!

Invisible Children Financial Report (2011) (Page 6 for expenses)
Total expenses $8,894,632 wow!!

Manipulation of facts (Foreign Affairs report)

US intervention in Uganda
edit on 9-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for spotting my mistake - must have been tired. I still feel the same way - NASA can photograph the tiniest articles on the moon but cannot 'find' this kony person.

I still say the Children are not invisible - it's this kony person who is invisible. Why do people not see the truth in front of their own eyes. You spotted my mistake and I am grateful that you brought it to my attention - if only people were not so hypnotised by the television...

Thanks again.

Much Peace...to all abused Children...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Calgarian, that's hilarous and brilliant!

...but infuriating as well!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank OP, I had a chuckle at this.

I dont think we need to start poking holes in the invisible childrens cause just yet. They have been fairly up front as far as I can tell. Probably not the best run charity around but on par with most I think. If I was to take everything I.C. has said at face value, I would have to say this "plan" is a terrible idea. My three main concerns...

Are we realy to belive this man can be aressted?
The only practical solution to be offered is arresting kony, which is only touched on very breifly in the video. I can almost garentee Kony will not be arresterd before 2013. I am no expert on the uganan situation, and like many I hadnt heard of Kony before the other day, but in my opinion people like this dont get arrested. He will sacrefice every man/ child at his dessposal before fleeing for his life or dieing in a hailstorm of bullets. Surely Sadam, Gadaffi are testimate to that.

Why make him famous?
Osama bin ladan was probably the most famous person in the world, did that help find him? The jungle of africa will likly be harder to penitrate than the mountains of pakistan. I cant see how this angle will achive anything.

Is donating to a charity that funds an armed force the best way?
Bill Gate has sunk most of his profits into charity work in africa, if a monitary solution could be found I think he would have found it. I cant see how funding the uguan army will help the overall situation. These people (I.C.) must know they are only the "lesser of two evils". So whats the end game? if all goes as planned, how will it change the geopolitics of the region? maybe they have considered this, but the fact it isnt mentioned worries me.

The big picture...
Does anyone see any paralels between this and the u.s. intervention in afganistan during the soviet invasion? Obviously this isnt a covert mission and uganda isnt a threat to national secuity (not that iraq of afganistan were...). but i cant help but think in ten or twenty years we will be envading Africa to deal with the extremist ugandan army who are only a threat because we armed, trained and funded them.

I think its got to be a good thing raising awairness about cofflicts in Africa, or anywhere for that matter. After watching the video, I couldnt understand what all the hype was about. Child soldiers have been used in Africa as long as I can remember, this wasnt new to me. Personaly I dont think they touched on the worst part of this kind of atrocity. But maybe the younger generations dont know about these kind of things (not to mention western societies tendancy to incorage ignorence). Pressing 'like' on a facebook page isnt going to change anything, but if this many people are taking the time to do it, being involved in this kind of movment is becoming more popular. Thats got to be a good thing. Personaly I dont think this is a doco as some are calling it, more of a charity action, awarness raising, fundraiser type thing... I wonder, if it would have gone viral if they had added an hour of footage, better explaining the situation on the ground. I also wonder if that would have been a good thing. I am skeptical but who knows this could be good for Africa as a whole, only time will tell...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
everyone is focusing on some government conspiracy but when you look at his ties to religion (the director) and that he first went to africa 10 yrs ago on a church mission..... he clearly seems to be motivated by religion. i'm disturbed by him targeting teens. he's got a LOT of money behind him and i think it's all come from church members (prior to the last few months).

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
everyone is focusing on some government conspiracy but when you look at his ties to religion (the director) and that he first went to africa 10 yrs ago on a church mission..... he clearly seems to be motivated by religion. i'm disturbed by him targeting teens. he's got a LOT of money behind him and i think it's all come from church members (prior to the last few months).

wow what a lame post backed up by nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

I agree.

No wait, it's on the internet. It's gotta be bull.
www.treehugger.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Rush agrees with you.
www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by informationstorage
Joshua Milton Blahyi (born September 30, 1971), better known by his nom de guerre General Butt Naked
At age 11, he claims, he was initiated as a tribal priest and participated in his first human sacrifice
Blahyi says that he had a vision in which he was told by the Devil that he would become a great warrior and that he should continue to practice human sacrifice and cannibalism

en.wikipedia.org...
THE LINK. LOOK AT THE GUYS EYES.

the late Samuel K. Doe being a fellow tribesman, was automatically placed under my jurisdiction.
Blahyi has said he led his troops naked except for shoes and a gun
Blahyi now claims he would regularly sacrifice a victim before battle, saying, "Usually it was a small child, someone whose fresh blood would satisfy the devil

Dude's got eyes like a lizard!!!

Wtf?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
C O N S P I R A C Y

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I thought something smelled. apparently this odour can cut right through a fierce head cold.

link: funding background

990 IRS tax forms and yearly reports from Invisible Children, and 990s from its major donors, tell a story that’s jarringly at odds with the secular, airbrushed, feelgood image the nonprofit has cultivated.

Among the tens of millions of people who have watched Invisible Children’s KONY 2012 viral video, including Oprah Winfrey – a dedicated supporter of LGBT rights who also has given $2 million dollars to Invisible Children, how many were aware of IC’s extensive financial ties to far-right fundamentalism, including major funders of the mounting global war on gay rights ? IC doesn’t go out of its way to advertise these things.

But Invisible Children’s first yearly report, from 2006, gives “special thanks” to the “Caster Family Foundation” and IC’s 2007 report is more specific, thanking Terry and Barbara Caster. In the lead up to the 2008 election, the California-based Caster family was identified as one of the biggest financial backers of the push for California’s anti-same sex marriage Proposition 8.

There is much more in the article. It makes excellent points in my opinion and reinforces how vigilant we need to be, always, and especially when our heart strings are being played!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
you guys know koneys been dead for like 20 years right? look for it ats ull find it at the beginning of the video it ays this is just a exspirement gah the people arent just sheep there scapegoats

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You do realize that this was created to gain Karma on Reddit and submitted as a joke right?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnypeppers

this is an interview with him in 2006 so he cant have been dead for 20 years

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Don't know why people think this is all a "Conspiracy", not everything is a conspiracy but I don't blame people for being opened minded to think so either.

A lot of people got together and went to through the Goverment with peitions saying something must be done about all the children that are being kidnapped and used in Kony's army. A lot of people want to see something done about this because here in United States and Canada and everywhere else on the planet many people feel it's the right thing to do because they they wouldn't want that to happen to them or their children, and now that we live in the world of Facebook information is easy to spread to attract attention to a certian topic and that's why so many people are involved in this whole "2012 Kony" thing.

People seem to think the Goverment only wants to move in for the oil and I don't blame people for thinking that at all because I thought the very same thing. We all know the Goverment doesn't do anything unless it benifits them, and people have went before and asked for something to be done and they said "They cannot do it", so why can they do it now? To me, it's because they know they need the resources and wherever Kony is just happens to have a lot of oil. So yes, the Goverment peobably did thought "Ok, we'll go in because we need oil and our Country will think we're doing it for the people so why not? It's basically a win/win situation for both sides and that's all it is. So conspiracy or not, both sides are happy. And by both sides, I mean both the Goverment and the people that are involved on wanting something done about Kony.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
www.sabotagetimes.com...

These are the people behind Invisible Children, posing with the PLA.

look over his sholder

edit on 8-3-2012 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

Ah, I see it now. That's for sure Carl Wheathers on location filming a prequel for the original Predator. No doubt in my mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i cant actualy belive general butt naked is a real person

He's very real;

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Which one
Is the ONE image?from the title?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The U.S. government funds things like this all over the world so that they can sell weapons and steal natural resources. I'm really surprised that other countries of the world have not come together to remove the bullying, American gov. regime. I love my country but I despise who has taken control of her. We so need a revolution here and quick.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join