It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE IMAGE to sum up Kony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Correct me if im wrong but aren`t the makers of this movie encouraging that everybody litter EVERY city,town and village in THE WORLD on 4/20 with no though for how bad it will look??? I know here in my country campaigners for anything get fined big-time for any litter left behind with there name on it. What are your thoughts on that.?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This was hilarious, but stupidly ignorant.

/clap

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm not gonna say that i know what's going on or where this came from or whether it's legit or not. i've read both sides of the story, and while i think it's a legitimate cause, idk i'm still on the fence as i don't know all the facts. i know as posted in another thead the invisible children released a reply to people saying it's a scam including it's financial statements for all to see.

honestly i don't see what TPTB have to gain from this war. the fact that we are only sending 100 "advisors" is almost compelling enough to believe it, because it just shows how little TPTB care about it. and it's not even like we're gonna be building bases over there in fact it seems that all that's trying to be accomplished by this is a better training for their military.

one of the things i love about being a conspiracy theorist is that it makes me be open minded. i very rarely have a set stance on issues that i don't know all the stances. it's a shame to come on ATS and see people so against something when they can't really be certain whether it's real or a scam.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I smelled something fishy right when everyone starting posting the video. I, too, have not watched it.

People are RIDICULOUSLY emotional about it. It made me assume there was probably a lot of hypnotizing/brain-washing going on in that 30 minutes.

No one chooses to look anything up. And they give their money!!

I commented on a few who had posted the video a couple of links to the "other side of the story" or at least the possibility of. I didn't say what side I was on, only that I like people to have plenty of variables before making a decision.

I get met with a bit of hostility, then defense, then explanation of why the video touched them so, and how they were getting a tax deduction for their donation.

My current opinion? There's truth to the long picture meme...

Also, for those looking, HERE is a link with the image on Reddit's website.

Namaste, ya'all

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is very easy to read between the lines with this one.

With Obama's re-election coming up this would certainly make him look like a hero.

This is nothing but another "babies being thrown from incubators" stunt.

I support the idea and of course no one likes a guy like Kony. But that is not the point. Look at the U.S track record with "humanitarian" missions. This is not about saving children, this is about moves on a chessboard. AKA geo-politics (AFRICOM Anyone?)

People who support Kony 2012 are going to indirectly support the demise and sellout of Ugandan's resources, you can take that to the bank.

I don't know how any of us can be tricked anymore into thinking that movements like this are not either politically motivated from the start, or soon co-opted after the launch. These guys have been close enough to george soros, and that speaks for itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Pretty much sums it up. Although the image is satire, and I'm not ready to accuse the govt of being behind this particular video, the scary thing is that it will become reality in the future if this viral campaign works out.

I bet groups in our govt are kicking themselves right now saying "damn why didn't we think of that?" after this propaganda video exploded the internet. If we end up in another war because of this video campaign you can bet your ass that similar videos will pop up to sucker the American people into more wars in the future. Sad world we live in.
edit on 8-3-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAH love it! ^_^

Thanks for that OP

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I guess this is where I tell you that although Invisible children is based in America, the movement is worldwide.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i cant actualy belive general butt naked is a real person

Me too...... I thought it was a joke, than I googled the name and a whole wikipedia page popped up with all the messed up things he did..... Craziness

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess they needed to replace Osama as the boogeyman. Don't forget to look under your beds for Kony!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about this one, but Kony does have a friend in Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh Defended Joseph Kony
Last October, Limbaugh blasted the president for committing troops to "wipe out Christians."

Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill.

So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding. Jacob Tapper just reported it. Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out, but it wasn't just Obama that supported that. The conservative intelligentsia thought it was an outbreak of democracy. Now they've done a 180 on that, but they forgot that they supported it in the first place. Now they're criticizing it.

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

S&F ROTFLMAO Genius. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i giggled

Whoever (say its not the US government) is pushing this somthing seems off with it.

This isnt a new problem but now its important thaks to socialmedia.. could it be more of a csocila media experiment.. like see if you can get the whole world (western) behind somthing through there choice, like a "flase flag" for the new internet savy people?

anyway i obviously agree with the idea of the cause, just dont know if i fully trust the organisers of it...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
www.sabotagetimes.com...

These are the people behind Invisible Children, posing with the PLA.

So let me get this straight.... The leaders of this group are posing for pictures with this 'evil' man they want taken down??? I'm not too familiar with Kony 2012 campaign, but if that picture is legit (not photoshopped) than this looks like a huge red flag to me...

I honestly want to go to the invisible child facebook page and post that picture asking for them to answer why they are posed together...
edit on 8-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Jrock, omg, you can be angry and oppose a view, but your language.....WOW!

To be fair though I somewhat agree with you! Everyone complains about everything here! You have to just filter it and eventually you will learn to just skip a lot of posts! This is a "conspiracy" site though, so you have to expect different points of view.

Viewpoints
1. The government sets everything up for their own agendas (Kony 2012 is a scam)
2. The film makers are doing this for money (Really guys, Who in this world doesn't?)
3. film makers set this all up for the powers that be (very doubtful)
4. TPTB set this up and hired the film makers (doubtful)

The reality is that 3 film makers went on a trip and found a niche that was being unfulfilled. They filmed some stuff and it took off and made them some cash. Cash is king so they expanded and started a company. The company decided to EXPLOIT this to no end (or Kony's end which is doubtful) They made bank!
Now they wanna retire or go in other directions so they decided to bleed this well dry. I say that cause after 4/20 or the end of 2012 when they have failed, no ones gonna give 2 cents to help cause they are all board of the topic! Then the film makers will go onto something else (like a documentary on How the government ruined Africa forever)

The government probably didn't give two thought to this in the beginning.....(and they showcased that in their vid) but as the awareness builds to an all time high, certain money people get involved cause they can smell ways to make money a mile away. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if right now key money players are setting up to run with their own agendas, and are helping these kids! Who knows what that agenda is right now as we can only speculate!

Also, a word to everyone else. This is about cash. Every movie maker makes a film for money! If they don't........well no one cares cause their films probably suck. It doesn't matter how much donated cash goes to the children, or to building schools or homes. These people and children have been left behind by their OWN GOVERNMENT! Why are they not doing anything about this? Why are they not asking the USA for help? Do they not care about their own people?

I have a great idea! Why don't the African governments get together and do something about it, or ask for help from any other country? Why don't they deforest the entire area for money, so Kony has no where to hide? Why doesn't their government get off their butts and get these people jobs?

I don't know why! I feel for the kids but I worked for a charity once and I know how they work. The one I worked for gave $1.00 from every $20.00 donated to the actual cause. Also if giving to charity actually worked then Cancer would have been cured a long time ago! Charity is stupid!

If they really want to help those people they should be setting up factories and farms and paying a decent wage to these people to work for them. That would probably help the most and empower them. Getting these children to make bracelets is basically child labor but for a charity.......which is stupid!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

They are NOT posing with Kony! yes their are dark skinned people behind the light skinned people. But Kony is not there!

Also, did anyone else notice how clean these guys cloths are? Photoshoot, then "lets get the hell out of here!"

Then you have "bandana boy looking all smug"

Also these guys are not wearing wedding rings......I guess they are single?
edit on 8-3-2012 by theclutch because: (no reason given)

Wow, that first white guy one the left has one brown eye and one blue/green eye! Isn't that like some sign of the antichrist or something?

Also, none of the military guys has any dirt on their cloths? must be clean over there? or....dun dun dun photo shoot

notice nice white lawn chair in background? Do they even have these in Africa? Is there a Home Depo near by?

Those guns also look pretty clean.....old but clean.....and a rocket launcher? really, how much does one of those cost?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by jhn7537

They are NOT posing with Kony! yes their are dark skinned people behind the light skinned people. But Kony is not there!

Also, did anyone else notice how clean these guys cloths are? Photoshoot, then "lets get the hell out of here!"

Then you have "bandana boy looking all smug"

Also these guys are not wearing wedding rings......I guess they are single?

Wow, that first white guy one the left has one brown eye and one blue/green eye! Isn't that like some sign of the antichrist or something?

Also, none of the military guys has any dirt on their cloths? must be clean over there? or....dun dun dun photo shoot

notice nice white lawn chair in background? Do they even have these in Africa? Is there a Home Depo near by?

Those guns also look pretty clean.....old but clean.....and a rocket launcher? really, how much does one of those cost?

Ok... I thought the guy in the back, over the white dudes left shoulder was Kony....
edit on 8-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That would be amazing if it was though!

This really looks like a set to me! no dirt anywhere! And just look at those watches they are sporting to go along with those ugly bracelets!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I may have to take that back! That guy looks a lot like Kony! I've been comparing side by side with google images to that pic and you may be on to something! The group photo shows the guy in back having a somewhat younger face and a little plumper!

I must say that the noses are close. no ear to compare with though
I wonder if their are other photos of this guy in this shoot to compare?

Sorry for being quick. I should have looked first then posted. I wasn't sure who you where talking about!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join