ONE IMAGE to sum up Kony

page: 3
130
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What I find shady about this is, if this TRI organization and the massive growing groups of people against Koney were real, why am I just hearing about all of this NOW?

I keep up on everything, pretty much. If there have been massive amounts of people flooding the streets as they show in their video then why are we all just seeing this and hearing it NOW?

Something does not add up for me on this.




posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey, I have been saying we need to get butt naked since I was a teen!


Anyhow, cute..but frankly, if we wanted to "invade" Africa, we could do it with 3 bags of rice..no need for mega military interventionism.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The campaign is annoying in itself because of the people who are promoting it.

Loads of people now are calling for military intervention, with out even thinking about what they're asking for!

Would ANYONE support a war against children? Seriously? Bring people back from Iraq and Afghanistan, already mentally distraught, and then tell them they're off to Uganda to fight against Kony, who has an army of children with guns?!
The army is composed of children aged 5 and above, these are going to be the people that they are going to have to fight against and kill. I don't think any man or woman would agree to fight against an army of children.

It's even worse for the children themselves, as now instead of fearing Kony killing them, they have to worry about the another countries army of killing them. They'll be stuck in the middle and will get slaughtered by both sides.

Or they donate money, so that the Ugandan army can try and do something, but what they don't realise is that they are funding people who routinely rape and rob people of Uganda. Destroy one evil by funding another? All that this will end up with is a bigger, more powerful corrupt criminal army ruling a country.
Maybe then, war with Uganda will be on the table, but at the moment, i can't see anyone with half a working brain asking for military intervention now.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Patifier
 



It sucks that people are too jaded to fall for this one, might have worked a few years ago. It says a lot about where we are heading as a society. Where is Sally Fields when you need her. I guess Americans truly have become more calloused when they have realized that they are the unfortunate ones (the average citizen) when compared to the rich who have all but won.

But hey... Just put a comment like how we think everyone looks the same to make people feel embarrassed about their skin to completely distract our attention. I enjoy that a lot.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
What I find shady about this is, if this TRI organization and the massive growing groups of people against Koney were real, why am I just hearing about all of this NOW?

I keep up on everything, pretty much. If there have been massive amounts of people flooding the streets as they show in their video then why are we all just seeing this and hearing it NOW?

Something does not add up for me on this.


Imagine if you didn't have the internet.
10 years from now when you picked up a time magazine or something, you would be like "who the f is this kony dude, why am I only hearing about him now?!!"

He is a bad guy..no doubt about it
He is not the only bad guy in the world though, or even in that part of Africa...a straw on a big bail of hay. The idea is make one famous..then another one, then another one..get the ball rolling. 21st century and we still have would be warlords wandering around earth like its the year 2000bce

My question is, once this dude is gone (dead or arrested), will we stop like all evil has been purged from the earth, or will a new movement about the number 2 most wanted start up (doubtful, the second is protected by the government in Siberia)



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Greetings:

Interesting.

Why are ALL the uniforms on the "soldiers" are clean, really clean?

Why are ALL the relevant "soldier" photos showing them ALL wearing the SAME watch?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The TRI organization is asking for people to donate money to fund their agenda. Where is exactly is that money going to go to, and, where are all of the people at featured in that video? Apparently they were in my city and this is the first time I'm hearing of this campaign.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The campaign is annoying in itself because of the people who are promoting it.

Loads of people now are calling for military intervention, with out even thinking about what they're asking for!

Would ANYONE support a war against children? Seriously?


I support seal team 6, an apachii helicopter, and some well trained snipers personally

War? no. just take the head out.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I cant seem to find any reference to this "General Butt Naked"
I did however find a "General Bat Guano" although he seems to have been a US general back in the 60's.

I am not sure why everyone is up in arms about Kony, are people suggesting they use child labor to make their electronics?



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


It's very risky. They're has been assassination attempts on Kony before, every time they fail, he slaughters a load of the children, and with each failed attempt, increases the amount slaughtered.

The only real way for the children to get out of this, safe and sound, is to revolt against their rulers themselves.

Sad i know, and hard for those kids to even think about it, but it's the only way i can see these kids getting out alive and well. Because once Kony is gone, someone will take his place and rule. They need to revolt against EVERY senior working with Kony. We can not solve every problem that goes on in the world, and we can tell by past interventions we make things worse. I see that if we try and get involved, a lot more children are going to see the barrel of a gun.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


The only real way for the children to get out of this, safe and sound, is to revolt against their rulers themselves.



They are indoctrinated soldiers from a very young age, they only know what they are taught and i bet it pretty much stops at aiming a rifle successfully.

Its like expecting a fish to fly



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the U.S sends troops after Kony, surely that means the U.S will have to be prepared to fire upon Kony's child army?

After all, as long as he is dishing out the orders, they'll do as told...




posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


It's very risky. They're has been assassination attempts on Kony before, every time they fail, he slaughters a load of the children, and with each failed attempt, increases the amount slaughtered.

The only real way for the children to get out of this, safe and sound, is to revolt against their rulers themselves.

Sad i know, and hard for those kids to even think about it, but it's the only way i can see these kids getting out alive and well. Because once Kony is gone, someone will take his place and rule. They need to revolt against EVERY senior working with Kony. We can not solve every problem that goes on in the world, and we can tell by past interventions we make things worse. I see that if we try and get involved, a lot more children are going to see the barrel of a gun.


Take out the president and middle managment will fight with each other for the president's seat..meaning the organization weakens.
take out the president and middle managment and watch even greater splintering and warring within.

to be honest, I dont care about the children at all...my view is about a distaste for warlords. having a few daisy cutter bombs right in the center of the main camp to me sounds perfectly reasonable. Would it kill tons of kids? sure..but would also pretty much cripple the organization, and kill the main guys running it all...and the long term effect, it would save more of the kids from becoming future victims. There is probably little that can be done for who is in the camp right now, already indoctrinated.

But ya, take out the head, and see what happens to the body. If its a simple passing of power from one arse to the next, then it may be daisy time. As far as kids...well, like a zombie apoc, sometimes you got to see them as dead already.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LacunA
If the U.S sends troops after Kony, surely that means the U.S will have to be prepared to fire upon Kony's child army?

After all, as long as he is dishing out the orders, they'll do as told...



When someone aims a gun at you in a battlefield, there is no such thing as man, woman, or child distinction. simply a hostile.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 

Exactly, so sending troops there will only result in the death of these chil.. - sorry, hostiles anyway.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's hard to gauge how well one is informed when it comes to world affairs. I consider myself to be
quite well informed compared to others in the US. I visit sites like ATS and others frequently because
sites like these have their "ear to the ground" for breaking and important world news.

That being said, I had never heard of KONY until yesterday. The last name I associate with Uganda
is Idi Amin back in the eighties. He was ousted and I never heard of him again until his death a few
years ago.

So my conspiratorial radar is going off. It is reminiscent of Obama's sudden rise to popularity--a name
unknown suddenly becoming mainstream news. It smells fishy...

But let me take this off-track because I really don't have anything else to add...

We have a fairly well established internet meme that mainstream news outlets like CNN, Fox News, BBC,
etc. cannot be trusted. The people creating this meme are young, and hip, and have begun a
slow transition from relying on MSM for news, to seeking less reputable(sic) underground internet
sources and word of mouth.

So if you are Rupert Murdoch, watching your newspaper empire crumble, your reputation crumble,
how do you fight back. You take control of the underground.

I wonder if that is what we are witnessing? ..........KONY who??



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LacunA
reply to post by SaturnFX
 

Exactly, so sending troops there will only result in the death of these chil.. - sorry, hostiles anyway.


Sending troops will, not sending troops will, damned if you do, damned if you don't, so choose the option that allows you to look in the mirror afterwards.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
SORRY! I posted this late at night and just read the comments now..

I did NOT make this picture and just found it on Facebook.

Thanks for all the comments!



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rival
 


Were you around and politically aware on september 10th, 2001?

Its quite amazing how many people never heard the name, Osama Bin Ladin until the following few days...like some monster just suddenly appeared.

Being aware of something is inconsequencial overall..its when things effect us is when we learn about them typically...and this guy theoretically shouldnt have effected us (the west)..and wouldn't have..if not for activists making things go viral.

I look at the hague's top lists of criminals against humanity and I don't know most of them...but when reading what they are wanted for, its amazing I haven't heard of them.

Kony is the top guy, but certainly not a unique monster.





top topics
 
130
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join