It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

m00nchildren: Who thinks they're a m00nchild?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I have recently considered this:

Of all the planets in the entire universe which house sentient life (observers), how many would have a single moon that perfectly eclipses the visible diameter of their sun, and where the shadow of their planet perfectly eclipses their moon?

If this is unique, and by design (however unfathomable), what are the implications for those observers (us)?

Does it mean anything?

I think it does, no matter how solipsistic the implication.

What you just said hits on the perfection in all of this that I've been talking about lately.

I cannot find a single flaw anywhere and considering the amount of werk it would actually take to pull this off for real, logic dictates why dew sumthing for real, when you can dew it mentally with less werk and more time for fun.
Especially since you can stack time in thought, creating the illusion of Time within Time.

It doesn't hurt to look at Life with the eYe of a 5 year old.
It makes more sense that way.

Ribbit

Just because the degree of perfection involved defies the imagination, doesn't mean that it's not all real, and indeed has been created perfectly as it is. It's not a flexible, ephemeral dreamscape generated by the mind of a human being, and if it were, it could just as easily be a pink elephant. For me, to me, it leaves me astounded at the perfect will of an almighty God who is greater than my lonesome self, no matter how imaginative I am. Personally I'm suprised the lengths to which some people will go to deny God's perfect will and lay claim to the whole of all creation as a projection that they themselves are generating, which is really quite absurd, if not supremely arrogant and egocentric.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Of all the planets in the entire universe which house sentient life (observers), how many would have a single moon that perfectly eclipses the visible diameter of their sun, and where the shadow of their planet perfectly eclipses their moon?

If this is unique, and by design (however unfathomable), what are the implications for those observers (us)?

Does it mean anything?

One then wonders what a certain past Magus of specialized training might deduce from such a coincidence, even when it wasn't known how vast the univerrse is..

At this momment in time it is perfect to eclipse the sun.Couple of billionyears ago the moon was twice as close to earth as it is now. It is moveing away from our planet at about a qtr of an inch per year.An one day willl escape our gravity compleately an become a planet in its own right an orbit the sun an not us.

If this reality was real, you would be incorrect, considering the m00n wasn't in our orbit prior to the earth's collision with Mars around 750 million years ago.

The m00n has an erratic orbit because it hasn't established its orbit yet, just as Mars' orbit is erratic because it hasn't established its orbit around the sun as of yet.

Ribbit

edit on 12-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)
....ok if this reality was real I would be wrong mmmmm? The Planet Eaeth was never struck by MARS ,It was struck by a Planet roughly the size of mars though ..It happened about 4 Billion to 4 point 5 billion years ago not 750 million years ago.In other words it happened dureing the early formation of our solar system when there wher many many more planets an planetoids then we see today.It was chotic an collisions were quite freqent.This Mars size planet struck earth not atraight on but more of a glanceing blow.Enough energy was generated to pulverise the impactor an turn both it an the earth into molten rock liquid.We captured most of its iron an a considerable amouunt of its mass with the inital impact.Iron being a heavy element sank to the core of the early Earth.Increasing its mass of iron about three fold,Thats why today Earth has such a large iron core,The reast of the debri from the glanceing impact .Was captured by earths increased gravity an became a ring bit like Saturns however the process of agregation caused it to form into our moon realy rather quickly on cosmic scales.Estimates differ drom a few hundred years to ten thousand years,Our new Moon was very much closer than it is now an would have apeared huge in the sky.About 4 times closer than it is today.As I explained in my early post .Its been moveing away grom us at a qtr inch per year ever since.Many have speculated that the massive tides caused by such a close moon later on could have played a part in the mixing of the primordial soup wich could have led to early self replicating cells to evolve.Basicly every tides in the early Earth were massive tusamis with 500 hundred feet tidal flows,When man walked on the moon late sixtys early seventys they set up mirrors so we could acurately measure the speeed of the moons movement away from Earth by fireing a laser at the mirror an calulate the time it took to return the light.This is where the qtr inch per year measurement was calculated from.You say Earth was struck by MARS 750 million years ago you do realise that the Earth had Oceans at that point in our evalutionary history wich were teaming with not just single celled animals but complex animals wich would lead to us.An impact by Mars or a Mars size planet would have tottally steralised the Planet destroyed all oceans an life dwelling within.Makeing this conversation/debate we have on this web site ATS impossable ?If any of this was real......................................

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sorry Folks I meant to add a link to my above post so here be ith the linkege starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Does it mean anything?

What you just said hits on the perfection in all of this that I've been talking about lately.

I cannot find a single flaw anywhere and considering the amount of werk it would actually take to pull this off for real, logic dictates why dew sumthing for real, when you can dew it mentally with less werk and more time for fun.
Especially since you can stack time in thought, creating the illusion of Time within Time.

It doesn't hurt to look at Life with the eYe of a 5 year old.
It makes more sense that way.

Ribbit

Just because the degree of perfection involved defies the imagination, doesn't mean that it's not all real, and indeed has been created perfectly as it is. It's not a flexible, ephemeral dreamscape generated by the mind of a human being, and if it were, it could just as easily be a pink elephant. For me, to me, it leaves me astounded at the perfect will of an almighty God who is greater than my lonesome self, no matter how imaginative I am. Personally I'm suprised the lengths to which some people will go to deny God's perfect will and lay claim to the whole of all creation as a projection that they themselves are generating, which is really quite absurd, if not supremely arrogant and egocentric.

You say:

"Personally I'm suprised the lengths to which some people will go to deny God's perfect will and lay claim to the whole of all creation as a projection that they themselves are generating, which is really quite absurd, if not supremely arrogant and egocentric."

But if God/SourCe is behind this Projection, it's you that is denying the TRUE absolute brilliance of all of this.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

....ok if this reality was real I would be wrong mmmmm? The Planet Eaeth was never struck by MARS ,It was struck by a Planet roughly the size of mars though ..It happened about 4 Billion to 4 point 5 billion years ago not 750 million years ago.In other words it happened dureing the early formation of our solar system when there wher many many more planets an planetoids then we see today.It was chotic an collisions were quite freqent.This Mars size planet struck earth not atraight on but more of a glanceing blow.Enough energy was generated to pulverise the impactor an turn both it an the earth into molten rock liquid.We captured most of its iron an a considerable amouunt of its mass with the inital impact.Iron being a heavy element sank to the core of the early Earth.Increasing its mass of iron about three fold,Thats why today Earth has such a large iron core,The reast of the debri from the glanceing impact .Was captured by earths increased gravity an became a ring bit like Saturns however the process of agregation caused it to form into our moon realy rather quickly on cosmic scales.Estimates differ drom a few hundred years to ten thousand years,Our new Moon was very much closer than it is now an would have apeared huge in the sky.About 4 times closer than it is today.As I explained in my early post .Its been moveing away grom us at a qtr inch per year ever since.Many have speculated that the massive tides caused by such a close moon later on could have played a part in the mixing of the primordial soup wich could have led to early self replicating cells to evolve.Basicly every tides in the early Earth were massive tusamis with 500 hundred feet tidal flows,When man walked on the moon late sixtys early seventys they set up mirrors so we could acurately measure the speeed of the moons movement away from Earth by fireing a laser at the mirror an calulate the time it took to return the light.This is where the qtr inch per year measurement was calculated from.You say Earth was struck by MARS 750 million years ago you do realise that the Earth had Oceans at that point in our evalutionary history wich were teaming with not just single celled animals but complex animals wich would lead to us.An impact by Mars or a Mars size planet would have tottally steralised the Planet destroyed all oceans an life dwelling within.Makeing this conversation/debate we have on this web site ATS impossable ?If any of this was real......................................

Here's the CORRECT order:

1st Collision - Triton, m00n of Neptune

It created Antarctica.

2nd Collision - Mars

That collision was just a scrape, which created Valles Marineris on Mars and where it occurred on Earth is mostly over China. The LARGEST BELOW SEA LEVEL DEPRESSION on Earth, is the Turpan Depression in Chian, and it's larger than all other below sea level depressions combined and it's almost dead center Valles Marineris and if you look at the massive damage area towards the west end of Valles Marineris, the reason it's sew damaged there is because it ran over Toad Crater (crater from Triton) and Toad Crater dug into Mars causing the massive damage and it you look closely at Valles Marineris, you'll see it's kNot from tectonic activity, it's a Washed Wound and there is ZERO DEBRIS, which dictates that whatever scraped Mars was bigger than Mars annd the debris ended up on it, which means there are billions of metric tons of Mars rock on Earth. The other thing you can see with the new photos of Valles Marineris is ZERO LONG TERM ERROSION but it's more than obvious water was present when the damage occurred.

3rd Collision - Mars

That was a full impact collision and on Mars it created Borealis Basin, which has be called the LARGEST SMOOTHEST SURFACE IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM, which that's what happens when water is involved with the collision.
Where the Earth got hit is underneath and surrounding Australia. The average mantle depth worldwide is about 160 miles deep EXCEPT ONE PLACE ON THIS PLANET, where it is ONLY 20 MILES DEEP and that's the Australia area!

You are a product of your education and when wrong is the teacher, wrong is the student and two wrongs don't make a right!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You are a product of your education and when wrong is the teacher, wrong is the student and two wrongs don't make a right!

Ribbit As far as the teacher being wrong in thease matters I am self taught as my formal education is basiclly zero..So you are calling me wrong,,I provided links to back up my assertation that Earth was never struck by Mars 750 million years ago.Could you be so kind to provide some proof or links that prove your version of events is true? T I A...............

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ribbit As far as the teacher being wrong in thease matters I am self taught as my formal education is basiclly zero..So you are calling me wrong,,I provided links to back up my assertation that Earth was never struck by Mars 750 million years ago.Could you be so kind to provide some proof or links that prove your version of events is true? T I A...............

Here ya go:

List of Below Sea Level Locations Worldwide

Turpan/Turfan Depression

"The Turpan Depression includes the third lowest exposed point on the Earth's surface (dry Lake Ayding, -154m), after the Dead Sea and Lake Assal (Djibouti). It is entirely below sea level and covers an area of 50,000 km²."

Valles Marineris

Valles Marineris is more than 4,000 km long, 200 km wide and up to 7 km deep.

Borealis Basin

"The North Polar Basin, or Borealis basin, is a large basin in the northern hemisphere of Mars that covers 40% of the planet. One possible explanation for the basin's low, flat and relatively crater-free topography is that the basin was formed by a single large impact. Two simulations of a possible impact sketched a profile for the collision: low velocity (6 – 10 km/s), oblique angle and diameter 1,600 - 2,700 km.[1][2] Topographical data from the Mars Global Surveyor are consistent with the models and also suggest that the elliptical crater has axes of length 10,600 km and 8,500 km, centered on 67°N, 208°E, though this has been partially obscured by later volcanic eruptions that created the Tharsis bulge along its rim. There is evidence for a secondary rim as well. This would make the North Polar Basin by far the largest impact crater in the Solar System, approximately four times the diameter of the next largest craters, the South Pole – Aitken basin on Earth's Moon and Hellas Planitia on the southern hemisphere of Mars."

Crustal Depth Australia

"There are significant variations in crustal thickness in Australia. Generally the crust in Archaean regions of Western Australia is relatively thin, with large velocity contrasts at the transition from the crust to the mantle. Parts of Tasmania and the New England Fold Belt also have relatively thin crust. The crust is significantly thicker in the Proterozoic north and central Australia and in Phanerozoic southeastern Australia. In these areas there is a very broad transition from crustal to mantle velocities. Other regions of Australia are generally intermediate in character. The crustal thickness ranges between 24 and 56 km; the average crustal thickness in Australia is about 38 km."

Crustial Depths Worldwide

You should notice the ONLY large RED AREA on the map is surrounding the Turpan/Turfan Depression area, but sum of that is dew to the Himilayans and India did kNot slam into the continent to form the Himilayans, Africa slammed into India sending her northward, creating the Himilayans and dew to the "heavy anchor" created by the pressure exerted between Mars & Earth, it held its ground and the mountain range formed to the west-southwest of the Depression.

Triton

"Triton is the largest of Neptune's 13 moons. It is unusual because it is the only large moon in our solar system that orbits in the opposite direction of its planet's rotation -- a retrograde orbit."

Triton has a diameter of 2,700 kilometers (1,680 miles) and you can look at the pic on the link to see the scorching on it's SOUTHERN hemisphere.

Triton Capture by Neptune

"Because moons in retrograde orbits cannot have formed out of the same region of the solar nebula as the planets they orbit, it must have been captured from elsewhere. It is suspected that Triton was captured from the Kuiper belt, a ring of small icy objects extending outward from just inside the orbit of Neptune to about 50 AU from the Sun. Believed to be the point of origin for the majority of short-period comets observed from Earth, it is also home to several large, planet-like bodies including Pluto, which is now recognized as the largest in a population of Kuiper belt objects (the plutinos) locked in orbital step with Neptune. Triton is only slightly larger than Pluto and nearly identical in composition, which has led to the hypothesis that the two share a common origin.

The proposed capture of Triton may explain several features of the Neptunian system, including the extremely eccentric orbit of Neptune's moon Nereid and the scarcity of moons as compared to the other gas giants. Triton's initially eccentric orbit would have intersected orbits of irregular moons and disrupted those of smaller regular moons, dispersing them through gravitational interactions.

Triton's eccentric post-capture orbit would have also resulted in tidal heating of the moon's interior. This would have kept Triton liquid for a billion years, which is supported by evidence of differentiation in the moon's interior. This source of internal heat disappeared following circularization of the orbit.

Two types of mechanisms have been proposed for Triton's capture. In order to be gravitationally captured by a planet, a passing body must lose sufficient energy to be slowed down to a speed less than that required to escape. An early theory of how Triton may have been slowed was by collision with another object, either one that happened to be passing by Neptune (which is unlikely), or a moon or proto-moon in orbit around Neptune (which is more likely). A more recent and now favored hypothesis suggests that, before its capture, Triton had a massive companion similar to Pluto's moon Charon with which it formed a binary. When the binary encountered Neptune, it interacted in such a way that orbital energy was transferred from Triton to its companion; the latter was expelled, while Triton became bound to Neptune. This hypothesis is supported by several lines of evidence, including binaries being very common among the large Kuiper belt objects. The event was brief but gentle, saving Triton from collisional disruption. Events like this may have been common during the formation of Neptune, or later when it migrated outward."

I am missing the data on the earth's mantle depths, all of those links were lost when I got a virus a few weeks ago.
But the crustial/mantle area around Australia is different than anywhere else on this planet.

All of the data points to exactly what I've said, including the remaining ARC of Toad Crater, which can be seen in these two topographic maps of the earth:

Earth Map1

Earth Map2

Both maps are distorted dew to the contour of the planet sew you have to mentally scrunched the upper and lower portions to fix distortion but the Arc can be seen northeast of Greenland and the rest of Toad Crater is the mountain range running the whole way thru Russia, Asia, the Middle East, then Europe to the Atlantic Coast and then the eastern edge of Greenland.

Ribbit

edit on 15-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the reading Toad but none of it proves that Mars smashed into Earth 750 million years ago an created the Moon,The Moon is billions of years old.It has no volcanic activity it would still have a molten core if as young as you claim.Also Mars would be much closer to us today if your scenario where true.We will have to agree to dissagree.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the reading Toad but none of it proves that Mars smashed into Earth 750 million years ago an created the Moon,The Moon is billions of years old.It has no volcanic activity it would still have a molten core if as young as you claim.Also Mars would be much closer to us today if your scenario where true.We will have to agree to dissagree.

I have no clue where you got off thinking I think the m00n was created by the collisions.

Your mind is playing tricks with you!

I clearly said the Earth has not had the m00n as long as science thinks. While it is billions of years old, We haven't had her for more than 700 million years and the likelihood is We haven't had her more than 500 million years.

The 1st & 3rd collisions created the two primary CONTINENTS, via NEWTON'S 3rd LAW OF MOTION. Dew you know about that law of MOTION?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Yes, I would consider myself a moon person in that I love the moon. I wrote a song during the first full moon this year to dedicate the year 2012.

I was born under a full moon. This year is my 35th year on Earth; 35, William Butler Yeats's full moon, antithetical year, the year we remove our masks...a halfway point.

Moreover, this year, the moon will be full on my birthday.

(I also have Lupus and must avoid sunlight, so moonlight makes me happy.)

The year 2012 is an antithetical one for me, and it is looking more and more like it will be for everyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join