It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Before I say too much about this device, I'll just post the picture and see if anyone can identify it.

What Is This? by HaarFager, on Flickr

It was standing next to a large, metal box and connected by way of a bendable metal conduit (showing at bottom left) and had no electricity powering it, from what I could see. I have further clarifying pictures to put up after it can be identified for what it is and not just a lot of random speculation on what people think it is based on objects that can be seen in the other images. I will say that it's not been where it's located for a very long time - it's a fairly recent addition. This is my first real thread, but I've been a member for a while now.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a directional antenna.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrulyColorBlind

Antenna with a solar panel for power.

These are all over the place, all across the country. They are used for lots of purposes. Why is this a conspiracy?

link   

Explanation: S&F!

IMHO it is a solar powered amplified antenna ... and since it size can be almost accurately assessed .. we can make some guesses at what frequencies it is either emitting or recieving!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

link   
A solar panel is powering it
edit on 7-3-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's a solar powered antenna of some kind, I would guess cell phone, the large flat square on the front is a solar panel.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It's an antenna, what everyone else said.

How is this a Conspiracy though? Just because you see an antenna you auto-think it's a mini-HAARP?
I have an antenna on my roof, I get FREE HD!
(Local channels only!)
And it's solar Powered. They use em for a ton of things!

Like... Pump status's, police station antennas, communication for ect...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I just see a solar powered bi-directional antenna. I am afraid I can't see any conspiracy though.
Or is there something I am missing?

Not everything we are unused to is a conspiracy of some sort.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't think the OP meant conspiracy, It is in off-topic general chat ya know. I think they were just puzzled as to what it is. I see things like this all the time along the roads and highways. I know around here there are antennas and cameras to relay traffic information and sorts and they are all powered by solar panels.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'll agree with the solar powered pivoting pick up device.Pretty sweet app for a ham radio maybe?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok something completely different....Cloudbuster...orgone generator. Developed by Wilhelm Reich.

Do I win the most off the wall answer prize.....

Des

edit on 7-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Around my area we are told it is for monitoring and transmitting info on water levels and dynamics.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

This was originally in the General Conspiracies forum and then got moved here.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thanks for a lot of good suggestions! Most of them I think are correct and was what I had surmised. But, it doesn't hurt to have other pairs of eyes look at something and suggest things. ajay59 - you seem to be onto something possibly, because this antenna was beside a highway bridge. Here is a shot showing it's position relative to the bridge/highway and the waterway:

What Is It, Part 2 by HaarFager, on Flickr

I was fairly certain the large, flat surface was a solar panel and that it was some kind of directional antenna. When OmegaLogos suggested "frequencies it is either emitting or recieving," that was something I was thinking. Why do we always assume that any antenna we see is always for sending? They can work both ways and receive signals as well. And there was one other image that showed a big, heavy cable running from the device down into the basin of the waterway; plus a smaller line coming off the larger black cable leading to a smaller device mounted on the concrete pad just underneath where the antenna device was situated. This image shows that:

What Is It, Part 3 by HaarFager, on Flickr

You can see what appears to be an attempt to cover up with rocks whatever the black cable is connected to - or at least to my mind it's what is going on here. I hope the images can convey what my "conspiracy theory" about this device actually is.

I read on here that there are not enough FEMA camps to hold everybody. There is not. But - if you seal off an area and don't let anybody in or out and no food supplies in, have you not created, in essence, a huge FEMA camp? One where citizens will starve out fairly quickly because most people don't have any food stores stocked up. How to seal off selected roadways? It sure would be nice to have a remote-controlled radio device that can be triggered to blow up bridges, tunnels, etc., thereby sealing exit roads from other areas. Yes, it's a consiparcy theory, so I don't know why it was moved out of the General Conspiracies forum so quickly?

Blaine91555 said: "These are all over the place, all across the country. They are used for lots of purposes. Why is this a conspiracy?"
Yes, they are all over. Terrorists are all over the world as well - does that mean they aren't conspiring something diabolical? And can you say with certainty every purpose they are being used for? No, you cannot. That's why until it is known what the purpose of each and every one is, it could be a conspiracy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

matty1053 said: "Just because you see an antenna you auto-think it's a mini-HAARP?"
You are presupposing that it is emitting, when it could very well be waiting for a signal before it goes into operational status.

nolabel said: "Not everything we are unused to is a conspiracy of some sort."
And by the same token, not every thing we are quite used to seeing is always what it's cracked up to be.

usmc0311 said: "I see things like this all the time along the roads and highways."
This is a good point. They are being used more and more - so much so that people hardly even give them a second glance anymore. Once we are trained to pay them no attention, then more and more can be added, with even more purposes.

So, there's my "conspiracy theory." I know it's not impossible, for I have already had confirmation of solar-powered devices being mounted into the road surfaces all over my area that are self-powered and satellite controlled. Placed in groups of three for redundancy and located at all intersections and various small bridges. What potential could these have? Here's what they look like:

Self-Contained Electronic Devices Implanted In The Highway by HaarFager, on Flickr

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I still don't know why this thread was moved so quickly from where I had posted it in the "General Conspiracies forum." The whole intent of my starting the thread was because it was a "conspiracy theory." I even said that there would be follow-up "clarifying" pictures, which I have now posted. If this thread doesn't belong in a conspiracy forum, I don't know what does belong?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There's something rotten in the state of Denmark. Oh wait.... it's just the smell of this thread that died.

new topics

top topics

join