It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Active Experiment in Solar Flares vs. Geological Activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I placed this here, not because it was a prediction, but because it might lead to better predictions for geological activity in relation to sun activity. *I* am not making a prediction...I am merely drawing the attention of everyone to observe what happens over the next week. If history repeats itself, and IF the increase in solar particles hitting the Earth DO have an impact on geological activity, then we may be in for something huge. This is the watching post!

Huge Solar Flare

As most everyone knows, we are due for a wave of solar particles to hit us from the largest solar eruption in five years. Over the next 24 hours, the Earth will be showered in excited solar particles, most being deflected by our atmosphere, but some passing straight through the Earth.

No evidence to connect the two, you say? Well, hold your horses...

Here is only ONE example of many articles attempting to connect the two. I could have chosen many, but this is the first that came up, and it said what I was looking for, so I'm using it for the example....

Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami Caused by Solar Flares

Japanese media reported at least 1,000 people are presumed dead from Friday's massive 8.9 earthquake, most drowned by Tsunami that swept across the northeast coast of the island nation. And its not only a coincidence that it happened exactly after 24 hours Solar flare hit Earth. According to NASA website March 9th ended with a powerful solar flare. Earth-orbiting satellites detected anX1.5-class explosion from behemoth sunspot 1166 around 2323 UT. A movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (above) shows a bright flash of UV radiation plus some material being hurled away from the blast site. In addition, on March 10, 2011 around 0630 UT, a CME did strike a glaceing blow to Earth's magnetic field. This was a result of an M3 flare that occurred late on March 7, 2011.

This current solar eruption is larger than the one that happened before the tsunami. It's definitely worth some eyeballs.

This weekend could prove to be an eventful one, given that the New Madrid is stirring. There is also some independent research suggesting that the regions of the sun in which the eruptions occur, also coincide with the areas of the Earth that respond. I will look for that information and post later. In the meantime, I must go, but please post whatever activity happens over the next week, here. Maybe, together, we can find a decent correlation.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Gseven because: content

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You should check out this thread. Not the same per say but the question in your OP has been debated all day by some good members. You may find it intersting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

A psychic prediction and a prediction based on valid science are two separate things. This should be in Fragile Earth with the others on the same topic.

Your number one problem is that you won't find qualified people who have a consensus on this. Lots of fear threads and blogs, but nothing valuable.

One of the other members has been posting threads on this for some time I think. You might search for those in Fragile Earth. Perhaps you will find more evidence?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the recommendations. I wasn't sure where this should be posted....usually I get my threads in the right spot, but maybe this time I didn't. If a mod feels like it should be moved, I'm all for it.

Strange, but I've been monitoring ATS for several days now and didn't see any threads about the upcoming solar flare until AFTER I posted this. That wasn't intentional. Hopefully, I haven't repeated anything, or at least have presented different ideas on the same subject. Again, I have to run off and take care of some more business and only had a moment to come in and check this, and barely enough time to post a quick reply. I still have some more info I'd like to post though, so I'll be back later to expand on this! I'll probably just edit my main post.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
7.1 in Vanuatu today.

On a secondary note, I live in Asia, and the local regions have been going through tsunami drills this past week. We weren't affected by the last tsunami, but the timing raises an eyebrow.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
He creates life and he destroys life.Meet Sol, our sun. Our 'GOD'

To me..The Sun is everything to our planet Earth and to old religions. The sun effects Earth depending on the energy released. Without the Sun their wouldn't be an Earth.

That solar flare's are definitely effecting the Earth. Especially lately/today.

I live in Austin,TX and the weather had been great the last few days, not to hot not to cold, but perfect spring weather (We also did not have a winter this year---Random). Anyways, since the first solar flare happened that was questionable about earth bound, we have been having some crazy winds today. I think it's day 3 of this unusual wind. I need a little more proof to think that the sun and the weather work together but I think any type of natural disasters are caused because the moon or the Sun.

It's seems to perfect to believe in something that's actually there. Something that actually has been with us since we were born. Something that we need to survive. Yin and Yang. The sun and the moon. 'God' and the 'Devil'

Why dont people just accept that the sun effects the Earth's activity. We know the Sun is necessary for life. Earth is a 'living' thing. It can be destroyed, it can be a paradise, it can be hell. By us or the sun Earth will one day be doomed.

"The charged particles, which will arrive at about four million miles per hour, have the potential to disrupt any magnetic, radio or radiation emissions."
---www.telegraph.co.uk...

That's pretty rough winds.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
With so many things going on all at once, we're in for a surprise. Syria and Iran, Solar flares, Earthquakes, Madrid Fault, False Flag, Nuclear War.

I could go on for days. Best of luck !

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Not a 7.1, it was a 6.7....which is not uncommon for that highly active region. They have a 6+ quake like every few days there.

And no, it is not the same thing....a 7.1 is significantly more powerful...like 4 times or more.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

It must have been changed, because it was originally reported as 7.1. And yes, that region is active, but seeing a 7.1 is not as common, even in that area.

top topics

join