It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American War-Mongering!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

John McCain Calls For U.S.-Led Airstrikes On Syria

WASHINGTON -- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday knocked the Obama administration for being too passive in its response to Syrian violence and called for U.S.-led airstrikes on President Bashar al-Assad's military forces

Let me first say I'm an American. A patriot. A veteran. I'm sympathetic to the suffering of others. I'm not the type that normally says the sky is falling, but, dude, really? How many wars should the United States start? When does it end? At what cost?

"The time has come for a new policy," McCain said during remarks on the Senate floor.

New policy? Really?

"If we stand on the sidelines, others will try to pick winners, and this will not always be to our liking or in our interest," he said.

That's right...our interests...Glad you're clear on this, Mr. McCain.
Let's continue to alienate the rest of the entire world. Let's continue to send our soldiers, sailors, and marines into danger. How many wars would Mr. McCain like us to fight? When is enough enough?

"These people are our allies. They want many of the same things we do," McCain said. "The Syrian people deserve to succeed, and shame on us if we fail to help them.”

Like we helped the Iraqi's? And the Afghan's?

Sit down Mr. McCain and shut up before you get us all killed!

McCain Article

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Forgive me, but do you think McCain has even the slightest influence on American policy? There are people who have questionable ideas, but I wouldn't worry about this one. Do you think Obama is a war-monger? How about Hillary? If they were yelling for war I'd be interested, but this? Who cares?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Bravo! If only everyone thought this way. I say , let the war mongers have their war! As I said in another thread, let the ones calling for war lead the way. Let us gather the war mongers up and air drop them in all areas who are not aligned with America and it's allies! We'll give them .22 cal. single shot weapons and no body armor that may hinder their mobility.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Forgive me, but do you think McCain has even the slightest influence on American policy? There are people who have questionable ideas, but I wouldn't worry about this one. Do you think Obama is a war-monger? How about Hillary? If they were yelling for war I'd be interested, but this? Who cares?

Well, yes, I do think McCain has the potential to have a great deal of influence on American policy. He's been in politics since 1982. He's a senior state senator; a ranking member on the Senate Armed Committee, Homeland Security, and Governmental Affairs. Hell, he won the 2008 Republican nominee for POTUS. I'd say this person has an influence on the American public and policy. He'll be around a lot longer than Obama and Clinton. Unfortunately, they are all war-mongers. Today, if you subscribe to American politics, then you are a war-monger. Its unfortunate but true.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I'd vote for you, sir!
I think its time for all of Washington to start anew.

new topics

top topics

join