It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1965—three red disks 1000 feet in diameter trail aircraft for half an hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A U.S. Airliner flying from Alaska to Japan and its crew encountered three huge red disks that reportedly paced them for nearly half an hour!

This case caught my attention because the UFOs are estimated to be 1000 feet in diameter!

This event occurred on February 11, 1965.

Three Huge UFOs Pace U.S. Airliner

Three enormous flying discs, computed to be about 1,000 feet in diameter, paced a U.S. Airliner in mid-February, between Alaska and Japan.

"The UFOs paced the aircraft for about 30 minutes," states the flying officer's report. "When they departed they climbed straight out at a high angle. The Flying Tiger [crew] tracked the [climb out] speed at 1200 knots." (about 1380 m.p.h.)

During the 30-minute observation, the military navigator made a careful check on the UFOs' size. Extending his hands to arm's length, he made an oval with his fingers, enclosing one of the glowing red objects. The longer dimension, between his fingers, was about 2-1/2 inches. Using the five mile range figure, the captain determined the actual length to be approximately 1,000 feet. Even with a liberal allowance for error, the UFOs still must have been at least 700 feet long and 500 feet wide.

More details of the encounter can be read here: www.nicap.org...

It seems that if the encounter is legit these are certainly mysterious craft.

To go from flying 100/200 miles per hour to suddenly shoot off at 1400 miles per hour is very impressive!
edit on 7-3-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: to add my own opinion

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

great find
Thanks for sharing .

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I'm having trouble opening nicaps post. Do you think you could post it here on ATS?

This is one sighting that I never heard about, but it is a very important and significant sighting, since I saw a similar size [approx. 1,000 foot diameter ] fiery-balled, red-orange foofighter, approx 1 mile away, in a slow [ approx. 30mph], pependicular landing descent too Earth; back in the winter of 1976. One minute before that sighting, I saw an approx. 5,000 mph bluish-white light streak across part of the night sky, above a thin low-lying cloud cover; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

Thanks, S&F,

Erno86

edit on 8-3-2012 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm sure it was just some over-sized Chinese Lanterns, or reflections off the clouds.

There was an event that happened in the 90's, I think,, where a Japanese airliner was trailed by a very large object. It was picked up on radar, also.

What's up with these UFO's trailing aircraft near Alaska?

Very interesting, to say the least. If I recall correctly, the UFO that followed the Japanese Flight, was extremely large, also.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I saw an approx. 5,000 mph bluish-white light streak across part of the night sky
reply to post by Erno86

That's very interesting!

Here is an excellent case involving similar bluish orbs that also flew extremely fast!

1952: B-29 encounters extremely fast bluish orbs

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Thesearchfortruth great find mate and I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more replies, had never heard of this case before and it's certainly a very interesting one - it also mentions at the NICAP link about two other similar incidents involving Japanese aircrews on March 21st 1965 and apparently it's not uncommon to spot UFOs on the 'Alaskan run'.

One of the pilots told the military navigator that "they often see UFOs on the Alaskan run."

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join