It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Thanks but No Thanks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The more Mitt Romney declares that he "is the right man for the job of President of the United States of America" because he is a "business man," the more my skin crawls (besides his creepy robot voice).

To bolster his credibility, he points to his success as CEO of Bain Capital. Romney led that company to become one of the largest and most successful private equity investment firms in the nation.

His supporters...

look past the fact that he consistently raised taxes and pioneered Obamacare in Massachusetts because of this private sector success.

In addition...

They echo Romney’s argument that “the government should be run like a business” and believe that only a proven, successful businessman can do the job.

Government Cannot Be Run Like A Business!
Isn't that the problem with this country? The relationship and connection between "big business" and our government is destroying the very fabric of our nation. Special interest and lobbyists own our Congress! Have we not identified the dangers and reality of the Military-Industrial Complex? It can't get anymore black and white! Politicians are no longer working for the average American citizen; they are working for themselves. Corporations own this country, not its people. There are no checks and balances. Politicians work for the United Corporations of America. We have lost the ability to affect change in Washington.

His private sector business experience means nothing when it comes to honoring the oath of office, which is in fact his job description: to protect, perserve and defend the constitution. That has nothing to do with private sector business experience...

Our government is entirely too large and convoluted. It's a mess. There is no accountability to the tax payer. Politicians are vulgar and greedy. So thanks, but no thanks Mr. Romney!
Our government fights wars to keep money flowing into the hands of private defense contractors to "keep the votes coming." They lie to us. Deceive us. They tarnish the very namesake of this country to remain in office. They war-monger across the globe in the name of freedom and democracy. What a joke. But it's not just Mitt Romney, its most politicians. Make no mistake, Romney will receive the Republican nomination, but only by default, only because he is the lesser of all evils on the Republican side of the house. Way to go, Mitt!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow im not the only one who feels that way! Nice, oh.. and don't be surprised if your thread gets deleted. I have posted two similar posts and both got trashed.
Some people really like Bombney. Thanks S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by causeimalive
Wow im not the only one who feels that way! Nice, oh.. and don't be surprised if your thread gets deleted. I have posted two similar posts and both got trashed.
Some people really like Bombney. Thanks S&F

It's like nails down a chalkboard every time I hear him say it! Lol. Thanks for the reply, causeimalive. We shall see I guess.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When he talks, all I hear is:

"Hi I'm Mitt Romney, and I'm qualified to be president because I know how to kill jobs, I did it in the private sector"

top topics

join