It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman on food stamps hits lottery for 1 million and still uses food stamps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How could this post be anything but a rant...this is what drives me crazy is the entitlement that people have..as I have said in other posts food stamps have their place however there needs to be some strict oversight on these supplemental incomes...bottom line is this woman wins and continues to stay on foodstamps because the state never cut her off...she later states that she has bills to pay in addition to now two houses that she needs to pay for...she also adds that she didn't get a million is more like 500,000.00 to which she purchased a new house in cash...my thoughts or question becomes how long until this fool is kicked off of this type of compensation only to return to it five or ten years down the line when she can no longer pay for her house...this is outrageous and this is why in some instances families and by that I mean generations remain on state support or government assistance and that is because they can..ignorance my friends is truly color blind...disgrace

If you are going to accept goverment assistance such as WIC or in whatever the term is used in her state for welfare you have to give back to the community by community service or working somewhere to pay it off..

This donkey did the same thing
link 2

how the hell are their bank accounts not checked or why isn't the state checking out these people against their files to see if they need to be removed?

edit on 7-3-2012 by chrismarco because: sorry one more comment

edit on 7-3-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by chrismarco because: many typos because of my rant..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I don't know how he is still eligible? If i have over 2k in my bank account I would automatically be kicked off food stamps. I live check to check so Can't build up that much anyhow, but it's mind boggling how he still qualifies, because Indiana counts lotto winnings as income. The only thing they don't count is your tax return for a year, after a year it counts against you if you still have anything left.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BinarySamurai

Well there has to be some loophole...it is simply rediculous...and I'm going to sound like a boob but I can't blame the guy or the woman...yes it's clearly a moral issue but the state/government has there head up their behinds...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
oh my god this is horrible.

I mean there is one person who win the lottery (unlikely) and who is poor (also unlikely) and then still uses footstamps?

MY GOD HEAVENS NO!!!!

The Economy will collapse, Cats will eat dogs and everything will go down into a chaotic spiral of terror and dispair, because this person still uses foodstamps and steals about. 0.00000000000000001cent out of every americans pocket.

really that is just horrible

edit on 7-3-2012 by Inesophet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I used to be a food stamp worker in California. One day, a woman came in and applied for food stamps. She was dripping with diamonds, had a Gucci bag and drove a brand new Jaguar. I asked her why she felt she needed food stamps. She said, "Well, I am throwing a big Thanksgiving get-together and I honestly don't think it's fair that I should have to pay for all that food by myself."

Once I picked my jaw up off the floor, I asked for her bank statements and if she owned her vehicle outright. She had literally over $10,000 in just ONE of her accounts alone, and her Jag was paid for. She threw a hissy fit and stomped out when I informed her that she was ineligible according to the property rules. I tried to explain to her as she was mincing away that food stamps were for people in poverty as she and her jewels jingled and rattled with each step of her high heels, but she didn't listen, she was too busy cursing me and the "unfairness" of the rules.

Yes, there are people like that out there, with an undeserved sense of entitlement, selfish, and utterly, completely stupid. They don't even have the sense or humanity to be ashamed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Inesophet

Me thinks you might be trolling to be controversial...you can't be serious...did you watch the video or are you just reading certain parts of the article and closing your eyes on other parts...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Inesophet

Me thinks you might be trolling to be controversial...you can't be serious...did you watch the video or are you just reading certain parts of the article and closing your eyes on other parts...

If you have a social safety-net a few black sheeps cannot be avoided. people will always find ways to circumvent it. But if you try to close this kind of loopholes 2 things can happen.

1 it creates more loopholes
2 people who depend on this to ...well survive (i mean this in the most primal way). A new regulation could cut them off.

So aslong there are just a few blacksheeps, who cares the system works for the most part and helps people in need.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Give me 1 million, I make 10 million in 10 years and make my friends and family wealthy. I'm poor and I don't even use my food stamps, I think some deserve it more then me and I don't mind living in temporarily "poor", I mean, it's "my fault"?

I've lived in the streets for Christs sakes and I never even begged one dime, I was working but not telling no one I was living in the streets and I managed to get myself out of this hole.

Wining the lottery and still living off others is disgusting.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I can't believe this thread didn't draw more attention...If I said I found an alien in my toilet it would be different story..thanks for sharing some of your personal views

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Hehe, welcome to the club! My threads rarely pick up too -__-

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

it is my opinion that not only should they be removed from welfare line they should have two give half of their weddings to the state since the state pay for their lottery ticket in the state can send them a thank you card.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They cut her off. There are zillions of articles on it. Just google lottery food stamps.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

They are being checked and the state removed her welfare. End of story.

She is not very bright or educated.

So all people shouldn't be punished because of the actions of one.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lefty820

You are advocating the government steal money?

You know you only get like 200 bucks a month for food stamps, more or less depending on how many kids you have and what your income is.

I am not great at math, but damn. The most she could get is 2500 a year but you think she should give all her lottery winnings back?

Your logic is far worse then hers.

new topics

top topics

join