It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt water can burn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I seen anything about this. Evidently using radio waves on Salt water allows the water to burn. One has to wonder what else radio waves, micro waves etc... could do to various chemicals or fuels. I wonder if adding focused radio waves to the combustion of gasoline in engines would make it burn more efficiently. There is no telling what we might discover focusing different frequencies on different forms of mater. Anyone else heard of any further research in this area?

Rustum Roy of Pennsylvania State University verified earlier this month that the radio waves break the water into its components, allowing the resulting freed hydrogen and oxygen to catch fire. Salt Water Can "Burn," Scientist Confirms

edit on 7-3-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I wonder what frequency allows this..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
HAARP pointed at an ocean!!!!

2nd

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
HAARP pointed at an ocean!!!!

2nd

during a hurricane... It would resemble hell..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So remind me again why we don't develop technology with this information to have free abundant energy fueled with the planets #1 resource?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

pretty cool...wonder what any waves are doing to us...feel sorry for the folks that live under or close to power lines...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Hopefully not to much. Cn hope the distance is enough to keepus from harm.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Found a video. Hook it to a generator and use it to run the whole process and you may get "free energy." well, depending on how good the generator is

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Interesting article, it's just a shame the man who discovered this died in 2010. I guess we won't be hearing too much more about this in the future.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just logged in and saw this thread so I haven't read any of the links yet, but just as a quick guess, I'd say it has to do with the sodium in the salt water reacting with the transmission waves. After all, sodium is actually a highly caustic and volatile substance under the right conditions.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Indeed, the chlorine as well if you broke its bond. Haarp could theoretically do this. That's scarier than the LHC by far. Heh ( takes off glasses )...gives a new definition to the hydrogen bomb
edit on 7-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

Yeah, I just read that. Still, Sodium and Hydrogen when mixed under the correct conditions are also the makings for a bad day.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
so you can burn off fresh water supplies, glaciers, rain clouds. all that good jazz

even just the evaporation of the fresh water cold be damming.

power and control.
edit on 7-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Possibly not the best idea using a resource that every living creature and all vegetation absolutely requires to stay alive... That usage will bring 'Water wars' ever closer. The population is increasing, water usage is increasing, the water tables are dropping. Eventually this planet will reach the point that it can no longer sustain the demands of the ever growing human race.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
Possibly not the best idea using a resource that every living creature and all vegetation absolutely requires to stay alive... That usage will bring 'Water wars' ever closer. The population is increasing, water usage is increasing, the water tables are dropping. Eventually this planet will reach the point that it can no longer sustain the demands of the ever growing human race.

It would take a lot more humans than exists now to put a dent in the oceans of our planet. It does nto require fresh water which is the rare water. Salt water is plentiful and abundent.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by Anon77

It would take a lot more humans than exists now to put a dent in the oceans of our planet. It does nto require fresh water which is the rare water. Salt water is plentiful and abundent.

True, but eventually the fresh water supplies will dwindle at which point we will have to rely more on processing sea water for drinkable supplies. I agree sea water is abundant and plentiful though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In relation to this post take a look at this link.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

He talks about it being free energy. Oil is not free energy either. The point of this would be if we could use water as a fuel to move cars around rather than burning oil. I could care less if it is free energy or not. The point is there is an abundance of water and if we can use it as a fuel it would be very good thing. It is even clean compared to oil.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
So remind me again why we don't develop technology with this information to have free abundant energy fueled with the planets #1 resource?

Because it is not an energy source. Radio waves to dissociate the water consume more energy than the burning produces.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

I hope you are not talking about water, since it is only something like 0.023% of the Earth's mass. As far as the most abundant resource... it's iron.. which, unfortunately produces an unsustainable reaction (in fusion at least)...

top topics

join