It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow Electronics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So this might be completely blown out of whack and I usually don't like to jump to any conclusions, but I guess it's always fun to share theories, and even more so on this site, as everyone believes in something, but here it goes.

Lately I have been noticing that most, if not all of my electronics devices have been performing EXCEEDINGLY slower than they always did before. My Iphone 4 has been running a bit slower than usually, not TOO bad though, and that may just be cause I've dropped it several times. Next I found that my Macbook Pro started running EXTREMELY slow, which is weird because I've never ever seen it go this slow. It's been timing out and freezing and just overall running very slow. I keep my files minimum and virus scan once a month. I know how to upkeep my computer and there is no reason for it to run this slow. Fine my computer is a few years old so whatever.

What really made me start to come to this conclusion were 2 things. After all this I turn on my TV to find that the cables menu's are taking ample time just to scroll through the menu. When I bring up the on demand menu it literally takes 30 seconds just to enter one page or scroll to the next.

And to top it off, today at work, my boss was complaining of the exact same thing. Said her phone, and computer have been running exceedingly slow, as well as some of the computers/faxes at my work as well.

Now a few slow electronics would really get anyone thinking about anything weird. But the fact that I'm seeing all of these happen all within the past 3 or 4 days is a bit weird to me. I don't really know what to make of it, and if or what it may or may not be connected to.

-Poles beginning to shift?
-Some sort of government electromagnetic device to control our electronic media?
-Aliens?
-Insert wild conspiracy theory

Or am I just out of my mind?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The current severe Geomagnetic storm maybe??

Tonight my ebook reader suddenly flipped off for no reason while I was using it, then took about fifteen minutes to reload... which has never happened before. But I don't know.
We should expect problems tomorrow with satelite connections, apparently....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe this?

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

Just a notion that is, from the link within that thread:

strong solar radio bursts that may interfere with satellite downlinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nope something is messing with our electronics since March 4 of this year. My pc has been stable only because it has a ferret cage around it. But as for my phone it has been acting crappy. My other pc which is outside in the living room is being affected too by slow down and crashes.Nearby business has had slowdown with ther pcs too.

My area is Los Angeles 90006 zip
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nope, you're definitely not the only one.

I have a iPhone 3G and I have been having the same issue with it for a few months now, it randomly just slowed down and started screwing up often (crashes, music skips, etc). I even had a time where it refused to restart for like 15 minutes when it crashed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Did the FBI shut off the internet and accidentally activate the Slow Apple Virus?

Hmmm, I hope not, that's a terrible thing to do to an iPhone!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Have you noticed the same behavior with things that aren't connected to the net, cable or satelites? Like is your microwave acting odd too? It could be a wiring problem in your house if so. If not it could be disrupted services due to the solar activity past two days.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
iPhones running slow and generally performing badly? Par for the course, surely?

Jesting aside, I can say that on this side of the pond I have not noticed any performance issues with any of my equipment, be it the TV, my Galaxy Nexus, my cable box or PC. All are working as expected.

So, if this is a genuine phenonemon, it is local to you and not global.

Either that, or I am just lucky..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Before we jump the gun here, mind you this is for home based electronics and not hand held stuff..
A couple of years ago all our stuff was fritzing out here and especially the really high tech stuff that was vulnerable to
a micro charge.

It turned out that it was the transformer on the pole down the street...
Hell yes it played havoc with our computers and even our thermostat for the furnace and air conditioning.
Just thought I would toss that in there.

I am not saying it is not a solar flare either.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe some new Big Brother tracking software on your phone, computer and Internet provider? All working fine here in Europe

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In our case here the cause was extremely low voltage....with swings to higher than normal voltage.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
nope. no slowdown at all with any of my gadgets. i would get your wiring checked.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I meant to put solar flares in that list also.

Glad to see i'm not going crazy.

Also anyone think the Playstation Network going down again has anything to do with it???

EDIT: Also I don't believe this is an isolated incident cause like I said my boss, who lives almost an hour away from me was experiencing all the same things. And I haven't had any trouble with normal appliances like my fantastic kuerig, microwave, etc.

I guess its only affecting things connected to the internet in one way or another. That would include the fax machine at my work as well.
edit on 7-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

solar storm interference causing a lot more errors and your computer components error correction systems are very active due to the huge number of errors caused by the interference.

hence the slow speed.

it causes the 1's and 0 's to be blurred.

that is why it is slow.

i suggest you a lot wrap a lot of aluminum foil from your kitchen around your computer. this will shield it.

also around yourself too as you are a conductor picking up all these pulses and your presence near the computer will induce more currents.

you could also get a small tent cover it with foil and ground it.you would live inside the silver foil tent with your computer.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Hmmm, I'm having difficulty deciding if you jest or not sir.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

dudes being a sarcastic asshole and it's not funny
edit on 8-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

look i am being serious sir.

parity error checking.heard of it..probably not...too busy watching MTV hores resulting in a poor attention span of under a minute.

so i will keep it short.

normally in good conditions you might get a faulty bit in a million bits but in high interference conditions this can multiply to 1 in a 1000 or more....more and more cpu and other micro chips time is spent checking data for errors and resending data requests,etc.

silver foil shields acts as a faraday cage...simple physics.

maybe sir you need to spend less time on watching the x-factor and try brushing up on grade school physics.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Some sort of electrical interefence going on in the area?

No reason that electromagnetic activity would slow down electronics, might affect wifi though.

Maybe it's time to get that four year old computer replaced?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Some sort of electrical interefence going on in the area?

No reason that electromagnetic activity would slow down electronics, might affect wifi though.

Maybe it's time to get that four year old computer replaced?

I'm convinced you didn't read my whole post

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Also they've been talking about on the News all day how this weeks solar activity IS in fact disrupting select electronic equipment that are linked to satellites. That would explain why it's only internet connected devices I suppose. So I would assume that this is more than likely a cause if not the cause. But like I said, i don't like to jump to conclusions until given real proof.
edit on 8-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join