It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My (short) Rant to SOME "Liberals".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If anyone here is somehow on my FB (which I doubt) and are screaming plaguirism, I also wrote this on my FB and it's mine, all mine!
Of course I have edited a couple things here.

(prologue)

I know a lot of Liberals and am freinds with many. Many of them are friends right here on ATS (and Facebook). I even agree with SOME things coming from that side of the fence. In fact, I consider myself an independent for the most part, because the right wing neocons are waaaay too extreme on foreign policy IMO, they are equally wasteful spenders as the dems, just as big if not worse than dems on "big Government policies" that restrict our personal freedoms AND there are a host of other issues I disagree with. With that said, I had to register republican this year for obvious reasons (ATS obviously knows I'm a Paul supporter from my sig and posts here
). Now here's my rant, this is NOT a rant directed to anyone specifically on ATS.

(The Rant, only 3 paragraphs!)

There is a big difference between an honest and genuine Liberal and a completely self righteous, and self absorbed judgemental liberal who thinks their # doesn't stink. I hate to break the news but your # stinks just like every one elses. You may not agree with everything I agree on, but would you stop judging me and shoving your liberal views down my throat all the time? Aren't liberals the ones who are primarily tired of the fundy Christians and the judgemental nonsense the neocons and their fabricated propaganda on Fox news are constantly shoving down our throats? Do me a favor and don't be a hypocrite.

I don't need to hear what you think I should or shouldn't be allowed to put in my body, or do with my spare time, or what I think about on any given day as it's none of your business. Talk all you want, I won't stop you but I will choose to ignore it. I don't need you to tell me what I should or shouldn't appear to be because society seems to care so much about what others do/think/act/look like. I once woulda cared, but I'm too old for that nonsense. I don't need anyone telling me what I can and can't say for fear I might offend someone. Don't bitch about me offending you if all you can do is call others out on their "offensive actions". And If you think all social issues should be controlled by the governent, then talk to the government, but I don't care what you think on that and I don't want to hear it as my mid is made up on most of it. My official stance on social issues is there are much bigger deeper rooted problems we are facing that we should be dealing with, too bad if you don't like that stance. I don't want the government involved in every little aspect of my life, thanks. If you aren't paying attention to the real big issues, then we won't have much to talk about.

Next, would you stop being a hypocrite on racism and telling me that if I don't vote Obama then I'm a racist? (there is less of this, this year than in 08' thankfully but it's still there) Shouldn't you realise that comments such as these keep racism ALIVE and thriving? If you don't understand that clearly now, then think long and hard about that because it will eventually come to you. Did you vote FOR Obama BECAUSE of his skin color or his policies? Lastly but not least, would you stop thinking our election process is the equivalent to American Idol? (That goes for everyone, not just completely self righteous, and self absorbed judgement liberals who thinks their # doesn't stink) Thank you.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Those people telling you how to act, and how to dress, and making the racism accusations aren't liberals, they are elites who pretend to be liberals.

Too bad the democrats are controlled by people, who in my opinion despise traditional U.S. values, and the people who build this nation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's all about polarizing. Divide and conquer. It's all to start infighting. And happens on both sides
Don't become a casualty to it like the ones you are ranting about. It's not worth the brainpower. Its tribalism at its finest

reply to post by calnorak

*+50 more
edit on 7-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I do wish those of us that are more libertarian could take back the word "Liberal".

However, it is all about diving and conquering. You know while you two are fighting about the land, I just grabbed both your gold and letting you think it was each other type thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I know a lot of Liberals and am freinds with many.

People used to say that about minorities, then Gays, so now Liberal is the new minority? I am confused. Imho Liberals are the last people to tell anyone how to live, and to call someone names. Liberals used to stand for the people. Regular folk. Human rights, fair labor practices, the environment, stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
... Liberals used to stand for the people. Regular folk. Human rights, fair labor practices, the environment, stuff like that.

Key word "used" to

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Real liberals do still stand for those things.

Unfortunately we have been pushed out of the democratic party.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Real liberals do still stand for those things.

Yes! I think the issue is not politics but rather philosophy. The thread can be confusing because traditionally Liberals have been Democrats. Kinda shocking that Liberal is now a dirty word.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I know a lot of Liberals and am freinds with many.

People used to say that about minorities, then Gays, so now Liberal is the new minority? I am confused. Imho Liberals are the last people to tell anyone how to live, and to call someone names. Liberals used to stand for the people. Regular folk. Human rights, fair labor practices, the environment, stuff like that.

This is actually kinda part of what I'm talking about. lol. Can we get past this phase of being offended over every little thing? I meant no offence, I indeed DO have many friends who are Liberals. (or at least claim to be) How else would you like me to put it?

Edit: Nope, I'm not putting it any other way, hence part of the reason for this rant.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This is actually kinda part of what I'm talking about. lol. Can we get past this phase of being offended over every little thing? I meant no offence, I indeed DO have many friends who are Liberals. (or at least claim to be) How else would you like me to put it?

did I sound offended? I am not, just rather surprised is all. I found the phrasing interesting. When someone is trying to sound Liberal they always say "I have many friends who are............."

edit on 7-3-2012 by Iamschist because: added quotes

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Proud to be a liberal,

but disgusted by the people who claim to be liberals all the while promoting racism and efforts to control what other people do. Not that conservatives are any better in their desire to control the life styles of others.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I agree that republicans/conservatives also do this, but usually on different issues entirely. The #1 issue being abortion. Personally, I don't want to get into a back and forth debate about abortion, but let's just say they believe it to be murder while most, if not all Liberals don't. This will be a never-ending argument, unfortunately until we get real solid proof of when life actually begins. Many liberals think the proof is already there for their case, others don't. I hold the belief that if someone chooses to do something that doesn't harm others, then it's their choice, leave them alone.

There is however, a substantially large number of Liberal individuals who are tofu-eating, yoga loving, health nuts who in some cases would love to see nothing more than their life styles passed into law and imposed on everyone else. I quite often see this high pedastal attitude from this crowd. Some vegetarians and vegans are also not excluded. I admire their desire to have a healthy and fit lifestyle but I don't think it's their duty or anyone elses to impose said lifestyle on everyone else. This is just an example.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think in the issue of abortion, conservatives are happy to cry murder, but in the issue of war for example not so much. My problem has always been either you are for life or you are not. Killing a child of 18 by sending him/her off to war is also murder.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

I think in the issue of abortion, conservatives are happy to cry murder, but in the issue of war for example not so much. My problem has always been either you are for life or you are not. Killing a child of 18 by sending him/her off to war is also murder.

I can agree with that, there is some hypocricy there. Especially with the type of wars we've had. I'm not too fond of the religious right wing crowd these days either, as they just recently boo'ed the "golden rule" on live T.V.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well will you looky there. We just had a discussion on ATS with two people on opposite sides and we came together! That is great! I am proud of both of us.
Hope you feel better, I do.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Well will you looky there. We just had a discussion on ATS with two people on opposite sides and we came together! That is great! I am proud of both of us.
Hope you feel better, I do.

Yep, all it takes is more honesty and less partisanship.
It's rare indeed! The problem with the two parties is when one makes sense, the other disagrees just because they are on different sides and are "supposed" to remain constantly opposed to each other. It's a real shame.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I know I'm incredibly frustrated with liberals insulting me and calling me a racist, misogynist, or whatever, just because i don't agree with them on a political issue or I express myself in a different manner than they do.

True tolerance is allowing people to express themselves in their own way, and allowing people with unfortunate or unpopular opinions to express them without getting upset that they believe different things that you do. True tolerance is something that is applied evenly and across the board, or it ceases being tolerance and instead becomes a retarded game of double standards and special privileges. People have a right to their beliefs and opinions, no matter how unfortunate or unpopular they may be.

Nobody has the monopoly on how people should express themselves, and it's a bunch of crap to try to control how people speak or express themselves.

People really should learn how to grow a thick skin and not let things bother them.

And stop telling people to STFU just because they have a different belief than you. Telling people to STFU just because they have a different belief than you is not tolerance. Insulting, berating and ridiculing other people just because they have a different belief than you is not tolerance, no matter how many stupid ways one tries to justify it.

new topics

top topics

join