Question To Pro-Abortionists: Why Do People Say "You Have No Right To Tell A WOMAN What To Do To He

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Oh, they're there.. You just can't see them cause you're not there!!
Regardless, you havent made a point. That is completely irrelevant. You dont have to adopt from the humane society just to prove you are opposed to animal cruelty.

Additionally, not everyone has the means or ability to do what they feel. I will most likely be adopting our 3rd child. But, we are not able to at the moment. Does that mean that my opposition to abortion is unfounded? Wake up moron!
edit on 8-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

For anyone who's been pregnant, you know that during those 40 weeks, it is Not 'your body'. You share it. The fetus is its own entity, simply using your body.
Nobody is telling you that you shouldn't be allowed to do whatever you want to your own body. But rather, what you should not do to the unborn child's body.
IMHO, For The Most Part (not always), abortion is just a cop out for lack of responsibility.
Ive know several women who have had abortions in order to take care of the 'accident'. Years later, every one of them deeply regrets the decision, saying 'why was i so stupid and immature'...

ps. My first child was what most would consider an 'accident'. The thought crossed our minds. So glad now that we didnt F$%@ Up!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Until the child can survive unaided, on its own, it is a part of the woman's body. Once it is able to survive then it is not. I hate abortion, but am pro-choice. I am also pro-sterilization as I believe all should be sterilized when they come of age, and when they are ready as mature responsible adults, they can have it reversed in order to conceive. This would save lives, save money, and reduce the size of our welfare state as minimal requirements should be met before one is allowed to procreate, just as minimal requirements need to be met to have a driver's license.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
To continue with the Man vs Woman argument, why is it that when a woman does not want the child she is carrying, it is ok to abort it. Yet when a man doesn't want his child, it is not ok for him to walk away. He will be called a dead beat and forced to pay child support for 18+ years.

I'm not condoning dead beat dads as I believe they should pay child support, just pointing out the double standard.

It's also worth pointing out that many states recognize a fetus in any stage of development can be considered a victim of a violent crime, i.e., a pregnant woman is murdered.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
that child's body isn't HER body.

this is a touchy subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

If a woman wants to take the risk of getting pregnant, no matter how small, then she should be willing to take the risk of a back alley or self abortion.

*with the exceptions that I have already stated.

When a child is born, it's gender will be male or female. There is no personal choice to this fact. We are subject to biology. This doesn't mean that by performing the biological function of sex, which is important to human wellbeing, regardless of procreation, that a woman wants to take a risk of getting pregnant.

Science has overridden biology and given women the freedom NOT to have a child. In some cases, nature wins out, and the woman, due to biological circumstances, becomes pregnant. If that child's exisitence in uninvited and unwelcome by the mother, it is an unholy alliance.

Being pregnant, suffering morning sickness, day and night, heartburn, swollen ankles, sore back, burning breast and other constant reminders of an unwanted life brewing inside of you, is hell on earth. Women will go to lengths to remove the offending intruder.

The first recorded evidence of induced abortion, is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE.
[3] A Chinese record documents the number of royal concubines who had abortions in China between the years 515 and 500 BCE.
[4] According to Chinese folklore, the legendary Emperor Shennong prescribed the use of mercury to induce abortions nearly 5000 years ago.
[5] Many of the methods employed in early and primitive cultures were non-surgical. Physical activities like strenuous labor, climbing, paddling, weightlifting, or diving were a common technique. Others included the use of irritant leaves, fasting, bloodletting, pouring hot water onto the abdomen, and lying on a heated coconut shell.
[6] In primitive cultures, techniques developed through observation, adaptation of obstetrical methods, and transculturation.
[7] Archaeological discoveries indicate early surgical attempts at the extraction of a fetus; however, such methods are not believed to have been common, given the infrequency with which they are mentioned in ancient medical texts.
en.wikipedia.org...

Until we are able to be in complete control of our physiological body functions, we will be at odds with our relationship between our minds and our free will and what our bodies do to us.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Here is why it's a tough subject for anyone to answer. Cells are cells and at what point does the fetus deserve to be called a human life?

Abortion is a touchy subject because what if (in our country) you believe it is as conception? What if you are a scientist or an atheist?

Also making abortion illegal and the morning after pill illegal (as some have suggested as abortion) would do nothing for our country at all. Imagine all of the women being accused of murder. Imagine our entire prison system filling with women over a belief rather than fact, because that is what would happen.

Imagine women turning to street dealers for the morning after pill.

Imagine women going to pseudo-doctors in backrooms to have said abortion. Imagine when the doctors screw up and imagine our hospitals taking these young women in and spending thousands upon thousands of tax payers money on them to correct the damage.

Imagine all of this being done on a belief rather than actual facts, because that is what you are describing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why don't I see anti-abortionists lining up to adopt unwanted kids? There are millions of kids starving in the world and if it weren't for religious dogma and ideologies we wouldn't have that problem.

My wife and i are christians and we are anti-abortion and we are trying to adopt. The reason why you do not see more trying to adopt is because there's a hefty price tag that comes with adoption. Yes it does take money, and the more money you have, the better chance you have of getting a kid. You see, the U.S. government and the legal system has discovered and tapped into the money making potential of adoption. In essence you're basically shopping for a kid. it used to not be this way years ago, but it is now. It's all about money, just like everything else in this world. The more money you have, the further up the waiting list you get placed into.
edit on 8-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Abortion is murder. People will surround themselves with every kind of person under the sun who will make them feel better by lying to them so they can justify their murdering of unborn children, but it is still murder. You can lie to yourself all you want but all you're doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If the fetus is its own autonomous entity, then what it's doing is unlawful and unconstitutional.

first of all, the BoR protects people against unreasonable searches and seizures.

The fetus has taken up residence without permission of the owner. It's like a person moving into somebody's house and claiming it as their own using squatters' rights. Which is also something that's illegal in this country, because people have a thing called property rights.

So the fetus must be put in jail for its law breaking.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, after all.

If not, then you've got to make a huge argument of why a woman's body does not belong to her and the fetus has all rights to occupy it without her permission, and why the fetus has more rights to her body than she does.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why don't I see anti-abortionists lining up to adopt unwanted kids? .

Incorrect.

www.legallanguage.com...

With over 20,000 inter-country adoptions take place every year; inter-country adoption is on the rise. American citizens are seeking to adopt foreign children in increasing numbers for a variety of reasons, including the reduction in children available for adoption in the United States and the desire to give a child a life they would normally not have been able to have.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Abortion is murder. People will surround themselves with every kind of person under the sun who will make them feel better by lying to them so they can justify their murdering of unborn children, but it is still murder. You can lie to yourself all you want but all you're doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

What about the morning after pill? Murder? What about a Zygote?

I just don't see any scientific fact behind what you are saying.

I personally don't believe in Abortion, but there are no facts behind what you are saying.

How come anti-abortionists are also against women getting contraception, if you hate "murder" so much.

It's a stupid argument and none of it is fact based and all of it is personal belief based.

Also if this is a religious argument (which should not have any bearing on laws) then stop judging others and practice what you preach.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Here is why it's a tough subject for anyone to answer. Cells are cells and at what point does the fetus deserve to be called a human life?

God is the creator. He made the life, yet man believes he has the right to determine when it "deserves" to live. You make yourself judge, jury and potential executioner when you attempt to determine who DESERVES to live. I figure God makes everything He makes for a reason so I will not presume that I have the right to decide life or death as God already did that when He created it.

Life begins when it starts.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

God is the creator. He made the life, yet man believes he has the right to determine when it "deserves" to live. You make yourself judge, jury and potential executioner when you attempt to determine who DESERVES to live. I figure God makes everything He makes for a reason so I will not presume that I have the right to decide life or death as God already did that when He created it.

Life begins when it starts.

Scientifically then all things are life as well so if we chop a tree we are ending a life. Even if we eat a lettuce leaf.

When guys pleasure themselves (which the bible doesn't allow BTW) we kill how many sperm cells. Is that Murder? Under your definition it would be.

Also, why should a person that is not religious have to follow laws created solely based on religion and not fact?

Also, why should we fill the prisons with these female "murderers"

It's all a crock of you know what. It needs to have the public behind it for it to be a law and most of the public isn't.

Also the supreme court ruled on this IN THE 70s. Can we move on?

Move to a country that bases their laws on religion and see how you like it. It's awesome when a female is stoned to death for something like cheating or having their own free will. I am being sarcastic.
edit on 3/8/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

What about the morning after pill? Murder? What about a Zygote?

I just don't see any scientific fact behind what you are saying.

I personally don't believe in Abortion, but there are no facts behind what you are saying.

How come anti-abortionists are also against women getting contraception, if you hate "murder" so much.

It's a stupid argument and none of it is fact based and all of it is personal belief based.

Also if this is a religious argument (which should not have any bearing on laws) then stop judging others and practice what you preach.

Life begins at conception. Once the egg has been fertilized the process of cellular division begins and a new being is being created.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I had an abortion when I was a teenager, for convenience. I was single, earning (almost) minimum wage and emotionally and mentally immature (Really selfish and lazy). So I did and paid for it with the other half of the money from ex boyfriend. I was also pretty promiscuous and didn't want to be tied down as I was positive I was going to make a success as a lead singer in a band. Well, that's when I REALLY messed my life up. (Not to mention killing my child). I decided that I would NEVER do it again and when I became pregnant soon after with the same guy, I was going to keep it this time and had a miscarriage. I felt like a murderer and developed agoraphobia and tried to kill myself twice. When I became a christian, Jesus forgave me for what I thought was impossible, murder. I now have children and the one I aborted would be over 21 years old now. My life was so bad and it wasn't because I was a single mother, (which I have been at one time since.)
No one EVER warned me not to abort. Of course I only told 3 people I was pregnant, but they all just said I didn't want to raise a child on welfare and I should do it. Grave mistake. There is no grieving process when you have killed someone, unrepentantly before God. All people should not have sex with someone they wouldn't marry. (They're not good enough?) The Bible says life is in the blood. I think contraception is ok, until the baby is implanted and RU480 would be useful for rape victims IMMEDIATELY after rape, but what the rapist did was illegal and reprehensible. HE needs to go to jail. There are people who keep the baby anyway out of pity for the baby. It isn't a clone of the rapist after all. RU480 should only be given under a doctor's supervision and only immediately after. Children are beautiful, precious gifts that can uplift you at times when nothing on earth will.
Life is God given.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Life begins at conception. Once the egg has been fertilized the process of cellular division begins and a new being is being created.

Wrong. The sperm cell is alive, the ovum is alive. The fertilization process transforms the existing, living ovum, through chemical reactions that trigger cell division. It is not the beginning of life, it's the transformation of life. The zygote has no sentience, self awareness or personal distinction of being. Removing the zygote from the uterus is not murder, by any stretch of the imagination. It is simply an interruption of a cycle.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I would NEVER do it again

I had an abortion - - - and I would absolutely do it again under the same circumstances.

I regret that I was in the position to make that decision. I have NEVER Once regretted making the decision - - - - nor have I ever gone down "guilt trip lane".

You've probably put yourself on "guilt trips" for other things also.

If you are an emotional or very religious person - - - don't do it. But also - - you can't put everyone in "your head" that has made this decision.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was in NO WAY religious. In fact the guilt part of the murder hit me unexpectedly as I thought it was a blob in my uterus and NOT a baby. I was a rock-and-roll singing, construction worker, doing vinyl siding when I made my decision.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am also pro-choice
I believe that the baby should also have a choice

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join