It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question To Pro-Abortionists: Why Do People Say "You Have No Right To Tell A WOMAN What To Do To He

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A woman can do what she wants with her body?

Uh, no she can't. She is in the same boat as a man when it comes to using heroin.

She has the same rights as a man when it comes to riding in a car without a seatbelt.... She does it at risk of breaking the law and being fined. In Pennsylvania, either sex can ride a motorcycle without a helmet! Go figure.

How about this, a woman has a right to an abortion. And a man has no responsibility to pay child support, she should have aborted if she couldn't afford it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A fetus is a parasite; the parasite is latched onto the woman's body. The woman is the one who suffers for nine months before delivering, and then possibly a lifetime after depending on her social and economic situation. Look, if we men had to house the parasite for nine months, the choice to abort would fall on our shoulders instead. However, we will never know childbirth or pregnancy, and therefore cannot speak on the behalf of, or dictate to, women what they can and cannot do with their body, and any parasites within it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Why be gender specific if gender is not the topic but having a right on one's own body.
They can refer to both pregnant women and gays at the same time.

Can someone explain this to me because I don't get it

Because it's the woman who gets pregnant, that's why they say "it's HER body." If a man wants a vascectomy, then we say "It's HIS body."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

But the fact is that you can take that "part of a woman's body" out and grow it in a Machine that keeps it alive untill its full term. Yes, it would be a test tube baby, but doesn't that make your point moot? It CAN grow without you which to me means it's not a part of you.

There is no reason to tell you what you can do with your body. But if you can show its not really a part of your body, you forfeit that right.

Unfortunately that doesn't matter, the government gets to decide what we can do with our bodies so it's all about infighting to keep this controversy going.

Why can't we take the fetus from a woman's body and still keep from destroying it? We DO have the technology. That's called compromise..

Just because our rulers and despots are too greedy and selfish to improve the conditions that we live in, doesnt mean we have a population problem, remember that

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Let's make something clear, I never asked you for your respect that is something that is earned and your reaction while full of emotion means absolutely nothing to me. Call me evil all you want, read what I said and understand it's implications.

You can decry something all you want, call it murder call it evil, what you are doing is simply making a statement about the act but in no way are you addressing the inherent human condition that allows it to be possible. Until humanity learns to embrace this concept and learns to address the root causes of it's ill's no progress will ever be made.

However the greater evil in all this is demanding that a sentient being conform to what you consider to be right or wrong simply due to bias rather than helping change things for the greater good. Dogma has nothing to do with it period, resorting to it is puerile in the face of problems that can be addressed with work and compassion.

You say I condone murder, I say the only people present who don't are people who are utterly disconnected from the modern world as it is today. If you use fuel, if you use processed products, if you enjoy the electronics you are using to communicate you also condone murder. The difference between you and I is I realize this, and I know we are capable of better but it won't change until we learn to address the true root causes of these human conditions and dogma has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

While humorous, you are inaccurate.
There is more than one way to accidently get pregnant. My son will be thirty-two this year and he was an accident.
I was on the pill and got pregnant anyway...ofcourse the thought of falling on a man while he is in mid ejaculate is funny, it is not reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Exactly, it was not an accident your son was conceived. You were on the pill, which is known to not be 100% effective, yet you took the calculated risk to have sex. It was thus not an accident but unplanned.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

Your logic is flawed. They can also take any cell from your body, like skin cells, and grow skin for say, a burn victim. They are able now also to grow organs. We can also grow meat, like beef or pork, in "test tubes" for consumption, and will very soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

According to Wiki

An accident or mishap is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity

The birthcontrol pill is 99% effective. Being the 1% was an accident of fate, 'not planned or foreseen'.
So I stand by my statement.
Pro-choice is the woman choosing her fate rather than having her fate chosen for her by accident or act of violence.

The only way to be 100% effective is to not have sex.... unless your the Virgin Mary, she didn't even have a choice in that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And with the exception I mentioned before, a woman engaging in sex is making her choice. Just because the odds are in her favor (for no pregnancy) she needs to accept the outcome after the deed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

And with the exception I mentioned before, a woman engaging in sex is making her choice. Just because the odds are in her favor (for no pregnancy) she needs to accept the outcome after the deed.

We don't, any longer, HAVE to be subject to our biology. Many pregnancies occur while birth control is being practiced. There is another level of remedy. It's legal and safe and preferable to being forced to have an unwanted child.

The bell has been rung, the genie will NOT go back in the bottle. Abortion is legal and NOT an unethical choice. It is a wise and compassionate choice for those who choose it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Abortion is legal and NOT an unethical choice.

Your only half right. It is unethical. After a sane person chooses to take a calculated risk with regards to getting pregnant, killing a human life out of convenience, it is unethical.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

In my opinion, it is NOT a human life, yet. There are requirements before you call something life. Conception is not life, it is the continuation of a cycle.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

No a vasectomy can be reversed , to me this is the only sane answer to an insane view on population control. Abortion is totally barbaric and oozes evil , I have zero respect for people that think torturing an unborn child before ripping them literally limb from limb to make a couple of permiscous whores life easier because they were horny.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This post is going pretty good, while some emotion is in there, I don't see anyone bashing anyone (yet) I hope it stays that way. I also was hoping to see more view points on this, but apparently there is nothing new under the sun (or was that son?
).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

TextYou say I condone murder, I say the only people present who don't are people who are utterly disconnected from the modern world as it is today. If you use fuel, if you use processed products, if you enjoy the electronics you are using to communicate you also condone murder. The difference between you and I is I realize this, and I know we are capable of better but it won't change until we learn to address the true root causes of these human conditions and dogma has nothing to do with it.
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

See how easy you make it sound in your mind to rip a innocent child to pieces . You equate using electronics with child murder so you can justify your stance on the greatest evil of modern times . This is not that far off from the idol worshippers of Moleck who's sacrificed their infant children for some supposed benefit . Your logic for justification is pathetic and borderline insane to expect my typing on this iPad is akin to ripping an infant child from its mothers womb ........wow just wow

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

And that is the crux of the whole debate.

Ultimately, in any such case, it comes down to a legal definition. Any such definition will not make the result right or wrong, only legal or illegal.

I personally think it doesn't benefit humanity to consider and treat it as a non-life unique human.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
those who are pro abortion what if it's 3rd trimester?
Are you still okay with it?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Abortion is a private issue. Also with every abortion there is a REAL risk of infertility. A woman knows this very well. And if a woman still want to undergo that risk then this should be her right as a adult person.

seeing woman as birthmachines who`s primal purpose is to produce more people regardless of any consequences is beyond this century.

We are about 7 billion people already. Earth is beyond full. From a social point of view a woman who aborts a child now is doing humanity as a whole a favor.

If a woman gets raped and pregnant with such impure and revolting DNA growing and dividing inside of her it must be her right to terminate this mistake of nature.

If a woman gets pregnant and wont be able to give a child a good future thenit must be the womans choice to stop it and wait for a better time.

I financially supported 2 abortions myself already and saved this women a life of agony. She is now pregnant again but this time with a person she loves and they get married next week.

THIS child will have a future that is worth living. If she didnt abort she would be a single mom without a job/education and would generally be a bad mother.

Christians dont belief in reproduction without any logic and boundaries. They believe in loving theyr neighbour as they do themself. They believe that people should live in harmony and peace with each other.

Abortion as horrific as it might is can be a tool to archieve that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Women, who are showing and feeling the life growing, bonding to it's movements and such, don't seek to terminate a pregnancy that far along just because they decided they don't want it, and a doctor won't perform a late abortion under those circumstances, nor is it legal to do so.

A late, or 3rd trimester abortion is only performed to save the life of the mother.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join