It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question To Pro-Abortionists: Why Do People Say "You Have No Right To Tell A WOMAN What To Do To He

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why do pro-abortionists say this?

Firstly it implies a men vs. women topic
Many if not mostly as you know anti-abortionist households are religious christians
You go to many of these households and the lady of the house is more religious than the males
Therefore one can assume that there may be more women against abortion than men, perhaps.

But even if not if you truly men one person should not impose their beliefs on anyone else then why not say "You have no right to tell an individual what to do with their body"

Why be gender specific if gender is not the topic but having a right on one's own body.
They can refer to both pregnant women and gays at the same time.

Can someone explain this to me because I don't get it

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It all has to do with killing human life, personally I feel it is wrong to do so.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why don't I see anti-abortionists lining up to adopt unwanted kids? There are millions of kids starving in the world and if it weren't for religious dogma and ideologies we wouldn't have that problem.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

why? because many woman (and men) do not believe that the fetus/baby inside a woman's body is an individual human being but literally a part of the woman's body such as an organ or limb....thus the "you cant tell me what to do with my body...."

comes down to semantics and personal belief of what that "thing" (neutral description) inside of the womb is.....

edit on March 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   
OK fair enough. lets outlaw circumcision that is women making a decision for a m,an about his body.

Its not a man VRS woman thing its an every person should be able to have dominion over their own body kind of thing.

If a woman has been the victim of rape or incest who really has any right to judge them for the decisions they make?

Once we live in a world where every unwanted child is loved and cared for we should re examine the issue.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Many if not mostly as you know anti-abortionist households are religious christians
You go to many of these households and the lady of the house is more religious than the males
Therefore one can assume that there may be more women against abortion than men, perhaps.

But even if not if you truly men one person should not impose their beliefs on anyone else then why not say "You have no right to tell an individual what to do with their body"

Why be gender specific if gender is not the topic but having a right on one's own body.

The growth of new tissue in the woman's body is her tissue, her body. Until that flesh is severed from the mother, it is of the mother in my opinion. Even so, I still do not condone late term abortions but have no problem with first trimester abortions or abortions in occasion of rape or medical issues for either the mother or child.

So rightfully, the mother has rights over the flesh until it is severed. Morally, she must be the one to judge. Anti-abortionists use strictly religious arguments as their case. However, these religious arguments do not hold water across religious boundaries, nor in the realm of science. And, our society is comprised of many religious groups and many diverse cultural ideals.

That's my view. It is also the most logical view to have abortions legal through the first trimester, from a societal and scientific standpoint. That is the middle ground where we must meet as a society.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I don't get how the GOP can say they want the government out of peoples lives, yet they want to make a personal decision on a women's body. They also want to push their religious beliefs on the public and dictate "moral values". Isn't this totally against their core beliefs? They can fight against abortion, yet their for capital punishment and gung-ho for starting wars and killing innocent people. If your pro life, your pro life. You can't justify one pro-life stance over another. The decision of abortion is between a women and her maker.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Pro-Abortionist is the wrong wording.

It is Pro-Choice. The right to choose your fate and not have it chosen for you by accident or act of violence.
And most pro choice for women are also pro choice for men and womens' sexuality.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I think folks use this argument because having a baby profoundly changes your life. Even if you place the child with an adoption agency, the physical and emotional changes are still there.
And women are the ones who generally raise the child if the adult relationship falls apart.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have always wondered about people who are anti birth control and anti abortion. I suspect they are in truth just anti sex.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

you've managed to absorb every single piece of evil the powers that be have brainwashed you with and fit it in one single post.

use your head and your heart and you'll realize that when society has managed to rationalize, condone and even applaud a mother killing it's baby in it's womb, that that society is not rotting, but rotten.

think about that, a mother killing it's own child before it's born.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The growth of new tissue in the woman's body is her tissue, her body. Until that flesh is severed from the mother, it is of the mother in my opinion. Even so, I still do not condone late term abortions but have no problem with first trimester abortions or abortions in occasion of rape or medical issues for either the mother or child.

So rightfully, the mother has rights over the flesh until it is severed. Morally, she must be the one to judge. Anti-abortionists use strictly religious arguments as their case. However, these religious arguments do not hold water across religious boundaries, nor in the realm of science. And, our society is comprised of many religious groups and many diverse cultural ideals.

That's my view. It is also the most logical view to have abortions legal through the first trimester, from a societal and scientific standpoint. That is the middle ground where we must meet as a society.

You are right about that, in some religions it is commanded to kill non believers.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why don't people just take a more middle approach to this subject is beyond me.

There are some examples from the rest of the world to take:

If you do some research you'll find that in a lot of countries in the world, abortion is allowed for the first few weeks of a persons labor, since the baby hasn't grown fully and not even near being a human being. Some countries also add the: abortion is allowed only if the pregnancy puts the woman's body in danger clause. But not allowed after two-three months for example, when the fetus has grown into what looks like a full human being albeit with some parts missing.

So you can be pro-abortion that's early enough in pregnancy but anti-abortion once the fetus has grown into a full baby.

There is a middle ground here...dunno why people have to take either extremes. Its wrong to say a baby isn't a human being when it looks and acts like one inside a mothers womb. Its also wrong to assume its a part of the woman when clearly it isn't. If an example was to be made, a fetus is like a parasite, growing on the nutrition of the woman's body but is a separate entity. But it is also wrong to say that abortion is murder when the fetus is so small it doesn't even resemble a human being remotely, hasn't grown into anything substantial and is simply a shadow of what a human being is.

FYI, my standpoint is the standpoint of Muslim societies. It is also grossly wrong to assume religions are behind all the crazies in the world. Heh

edit on 7-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Because it is factually true thus the statement, unless you're pregnant and dealing with it what right have you to dictate to any woman what is right and wrong and what right is it for you to have any say what choice she makes with her own body?

It would be great if there was a home and love for everyone that came into this world but there simply is not. The issue you want to see as black and white simply never will be, it is not a cut and dry question of ethics or morality on any level. Unless you are the person facing this decision, facing the weight of the questions or fears or doubts the whole potential myriad of human experience it is not yours to make.

If you really want to see less abortions then you need to have more education, not abstinence based BS which accounts for a huge amount of the fear and confusion of pregnancy. If you want to see less abortions then show these people the open homes and hearts that would receive them rather than the near certainty that they will become a ward of the state prepared for a life as a prison factory worker. If you want to see less abortions then you have to address the sickness within society as a whole that leaves people in a position where it's perceived as the best course of action.

What will never change it is expecting people to live by your standards or what you interpret as moral or ethical. What will never change it is laws or institutions dedicated to trying to stop it by force or color of law.
edit on 7-3-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Murder is murder , just because a group of so called intelligent people tell you it is just a mass of cells does not change the fact it is a human forming inside her. Have you ever seen pictures of the miniature people ripped apart from the vacuum , little arms and legs hands and heads ripped from their tiny bodies . It is by far the most disturbing thing I have ever seen and I have seen bodies blown to bits . To rip these tiny humans to shreds because they were to lazy to use contraceptives is the sickest thing our society has ever embarked upon.

Everybody hates war because it kills innocent people's but most of these hypocrites support murdering tiny helpless human beings . Imagine the horror and pain these tiny children feel before the end . My God this is one of the most evil acts Satan got so called civilized people to buy into , I hope god pours out his cup of indignation full strength on these murderers .

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I don't get how the GOP can say they want the government out of peoples lives, yet they want to make a personal decision on a women's body. They also want to push their religious beliefs on the public and dictate "moral values". Isn't this totally against their core beliefs? They can fight against abortion, yet their for capital punishment and gung-ho for starting wars and killing innocent people. If your pro life, your pro life. You can't justify one pro-life stance over another. The decision of abortion is between a women and her maker.

You are right about that, I am totally against killing another human, unless its a life or death self defense action.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why don't I see anti-abortionists lining up to adopt unwanted kids? There are millions of kids starving in the world and if it weren't for religious dogma and ideologies we wouldn't have that problem.

what kind of questions is this?
Why does it have stars as well?

Are zombies reading this?

Have you ever seen a "Line-Up" at an abortion center?
If you did were they labelled as pro or anti abortion?
again, have you ever seen a "Line-Up" at an abortion center?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

I think every single male child should have a vasectomy and when they are ready for children have them reversed , this is the only way to stop the murder of the innocent children . Oh and Blythe way I have no respect. For you , you are an evil person who condones murder.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
The right to choose your fate and not have it chosen for you by accident or act of violence.

Accident doesn't really apply. Unless a woman happened to be walking down the road, slipped and fell on man with a phallus at the exact moment of ejaculation.

Outside rape, a woman chooses the circumstances she is in and chooses to take a calculated risk, i.e. sex with condoms or other contraception since only abstinence is 100% safe.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

The health professionals I spoke with about a vasectomy stated they are permanent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join