It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them. The fate of unborn millions will now depend on the courage and conduct of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die." - George Washington to his army on the eve of the Battle of Long Island, 8-27-1776.

Once again the time has come where those words ring true for America. Only this time our cruel and unrelenting enemy is not the British but Corporations and the politicians they control. If we cannot overturn Citizens United by legal means then we are doomed.
edit on 3/7/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Love the quote. I think it may be too late though. Predator drones flying overhead, A private army on US soil (Blackwater or whatever they call themselves these days) local cops armed to the teeth. They shot and injured an American Vet at an Occupy protest and nothing happened. Most people couldn't even tell you his name. I expected the parks to flood with armed vets but nothing happened.

Face it everyones asleep. Once they clamp down on the internet it's all over. People will wake up and it will be too late.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I agree, whether or not people are willing to recognize the truth, there is a war being waged against the people of the U.S. aimed at stripping us of all property rights. We have bee corralled into suburbia, and are ripe for the picking. Few people have any idea of how to survive outside of the artificial environment into which we have been submerged.

All is not lost, but as a society we are going to have to make major changes. Odds are, somewhere along the way, there will be a fight for control. It will not be publicized. If the ICBers get their way, we will wake up one morning as slaves, and not even see it, if it has not already happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anyone who truly believes that the average citizen can own property on U.S. soil is blissfully naive! I don't need to link to articles or vids, just stop paying your property taxes and you'll see just what you own.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You got that from the new assasins creed trailer. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Been trying to point that out to people for years. They just refuse to admit they've been suckered out of so much money, so easily!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

What does that have to do with assasins creed lol?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Inspirational if not a bit late. Unfortunately the conditions in America today are more rigid than they were in Nazi Germany a year before world war 2. Not only have they put the laws in place for control, they have somehow managed to get the majority of the population to vote for the new furor who will further that control. At this point it's just ridiculous, resistance will mean death or at least a good beating followed by a healthy amount of prison time in probably a privately funded jail for cash situation with some corporation while the real criminals (IE: Eric Holder, Solyndra execs, Obama) run free and laugh at the rest of us.

Any opposition will be fragmented and dealt with swiftly, that is the reality of our current situation and it sucks.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sorry, thought your post was in response to mine. I seen all the talk of property rights in this thread and started laughing uncontrollably.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Oh okay, no I was just referencing assasins creed since that very same quote is used in the new trailer. And it's a little convinient how this person releases this quote a day after the trailer came out, ya know?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by ajay59

Oh okay, no I was just referencing assasins creed since that very same quote is used in the new trailer. And it's a little convinient how this person releases this quote a day after the trailer came out, ya know?
I'll admit that the trailer jogged my memory and prompted me to post this. Nevertheless it doesn't change its truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Gotcha. Just thought it funny that people can still believe they can actually own a portion of land in the US. Evan as a nation of people we own no land, the government owns and regulates every square inch and apparently, we are not the government!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

The government owns it all?

No, the ICBers own it all. Most people are paying far more in interest rates to hang on to their claim of ownership to land.

Also, you should realize that the fabricated housing bubble pushing up the price of land was essentially a huge increase in taxes on everyone who thinks they own the land.

People who blame the government for the actions of the ICBers, who are our real enemy, have bought into the big scam.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That you want to blame Obama for the actions put in place by the Bush family, and their business partners long ago is ridiculous.

Obama got into office because he was the lessor of evils for the ICBs who aim to make us paupers on the continent our ancestors conquered. They were more afraid of Hillary, who is more of a true conservative than anyone of any prominence currently in the Republican party.

Obama has succeeded in being far more relevant than the ICBs hoped he would be. Our ace in the hole is Petraeus as Director of the CIA. Obama is proving himself to be much more of a representative of the people in the U.S. than I ever thought he could be. The republicans are wobbling, and ready for a fall, and even Rush is on the ropes these days. The power of the ICBs is still very formidable, but it is starting to be clear that they can be defeated.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Of course its not too late, if we lose humainty loses.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

the battle is internal for this war.

People need to stop buying into the system that is corrupting our planet.

Change value from monetary to social. National to global. Realize there is one race, human.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

It is never too late. The human spirit cannot be chained. Freewill. The one thing TPTB fear the most. Many may die if Revolution begins, but if we standfast those deaths will not be in vain. No, it is NEVER too late, but waiting will make the war harder to win. The time IS now, and many of you know this, but it would appear TPTB have succeeded by sedating our Freewill thru pills and entertainment and lies from MSM. We do have a chance though. You must be willing to sacrifice all the comfort you have grown accustomed to, leaving behind the material things TPTB convinced you to spend your hard-earned money on, even leaving loved ones behind, not knowing if you will return. Freedom is not free. Never has been. Never will.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join