It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Why did the sunspot choose just one location? If fault stress was created all over the planet why not mega quakes planet wide? Sorry, no hit!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by GLPbannedME

Given your avatar and user name...I'm guessing you won't be around long.

Why is that? I happen to enjoy ATS... do you not like me?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
Umm yeah back to topic....3 earthquakes hit the Vanatu Islands (Tafea Province) couple hours ago.Magnitudes of 7.1/ 7.1/ 6.9.
I stand correct.
Prediction hit like a truck.
Now where are all the people who were challenging my prediction?

Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been covered.

Your prediction seems to break down into three parts.

An earthquake, of a specific intensity, in an undisclosed location.

Lets look at it in order.

There was an earthquake. Well, that happens all the time so no prize there.

The intensity. You predicted 7-8, it was 6.7 so wrong.

The location. You predicted nothing, so wrong again.

At generous best you were one third correct in as much as you predicted at some point somewhere there will be an earthquake.

That's not really a prediction, more a geological fact.

That's purely my personal take on this.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
Umm yeah back to topic....3 earthquakes hit the Vanatu Islands (Tafea Province) couple hours ago.Magnitudes of 7.1/ 7.1/ 6.9.
I stand correct.
Prediction hit like a truck.
Now where are all the people who were challenging my prediction?

dude earthquakes happen everywhere.The only thing that made your op different from the others was you didn't name cities where it happens all the time.When you can actually predict something that's not common I'll be a believer.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

OP this thread was created for the purpose of predicting... feel free to post in there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

gotta love non mods trying to tell people what to do.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I was kind of confused as to why you started a new thread about earthquake prediction since we already have one that TA started. I believe it was started for fun and for documentation of any predictions that did occur.

I'll give you S&F's. Not because I believe that sun activity has anything to do with earthquakes, but rather that you took the time to think about the possibility and were not afraid to express your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You got it right.

You...got...it..right...

A 7.1 Earthquake in VANUATU just happened

peace
edit on 9-3-2012 by silo13 because: link fix

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by Anim8tr

Sorry dude, but your moronic reasoning for thinking this will happen is laughable. While I could waste my time pouting out why mathematically you are wrong, I know it would be lost on you.

Instead I will just say that my drum circle and I are feverishly attempting to help the earth avoid this doom, and if your alive tomorrow please take a moment to thank me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Moronic reasoning? LOL. Eat those words. The OP was right. And you are rude.

A 7.1 Earthquake in VANUATU just happened

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

1-So....if there are a lot of avocados and a solar flare happens that means there will be an earthquake?

2-Ok. If you like...a whole lot of unknown factors combined with a solar flare can cause huge earthquakes.

But, how does that help predicting anything when sometimes an earthquake happens after a solar flare but usually it doesn't. How does that help when earthquakes happen when there was no solar flare?

oh my...
he's deigned to address me

1- try coming down from your ivory towers and back to earth
anybody who uses/applies the scientific method is doing science
one doesn't need a degree or need concern oneself with self styled authorities.
science is merely the accumulated compendium of human knowledge
it isn't some exclusive club whose members have a divine right to mock and look down on others
,Prof. Stadler

also avocados have nothing to do with earthquakes, pay attention

2-

2-Ok. If you like...a whole lot of unknown factors combined with a solar flare can cause huge earthquakes.
But, how does that help predicting anything when sometimes an earthquake happens after a solar flare but usually it doesn't. How does that help when earthquakes happen when there was no solar flare?

you'll never find out if you refuse to look past your nose,merely on the basis of prejudging the source

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 9-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
solar flare, full moon, and very close to apogee too

Frequency of Occurrence of Earthquakes
Magnitude Average Annually
8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 15 ¹
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I know right

I find it funny how anyone tells anyone what to do or say on a Forum. I understand and support organization, but its a forum it does good to consistently open new topics, even if they may seem redundant.

I find it funny how everyone is soooooo naive this guy predicted an earthquake based on timing with the solar spot reaching earth, stating this based on past coincidences.

The OP isn't a scientist or master of lunar timing, so really predicting where, when, and how big is surely more than what you and I could predict.

However the OP saw a correlation between solar flares and earthquakes upon solar bursts reaching earth, and made the prediction that we may see earthquakes around the time the solar spot passes earth....

and he was right...

S&F for being brave enough to put your ideas out there OP and honestly fack the naysayers and otherlikes, they are merely envious they can't get your recognition

C'mon people its only so apparent in your posts. Grow up

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
- The OP gets credit for getting the Magnitude and Time Frame right
- Earthquake in that region is very common
- Does not prove or disprove whether solar flares had anything to do with it.

Square one.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MamaJ

gotta love non mods trying to tell people what to do.

Gotta love people butting in to someone elses conversation. The reply was to the OP (not you unless you wanna predict an EQ) and being a NICE person I thought I would let him/her know there was a prediction thread where they could post (as a lot of people do) and not be ridiculed.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeningAmerica
reply to post by Anim8tr

All I can say is - bull you know what. All fear mongering. Anyone can predict an event based on past history and algorithms. Like playing the lottery. Play it enough your gonna win some, most likely going to lose most the time.

This world has seen enough of you want to die from a real catastrophe people. You people want to believe there is more to life then your meaningless existence. Or, some extraterritorial entity is going to come to earth and save you. The fact is, your a micro-organism insect in this universe and about as useful as a cockroach.

then why bother making your opinion heard since it's the worthless opinion of a "micro-organism insect in this universe and about as useful as a cockroach" ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I know right I find it funny how anyone tells anyone what to do or say on a Forum. I understand and support organization, but its a forum it does good to consistently open new topics, even if they may seem redundant.
reply to post by guesswhoyouknew

GOOD GAWD! I was not telling anyone what to do...relaying an on topic link to ATS regarding a "prediction of an EQ" was not only a nice thing to do but was very relevant. Some of you people amaze me...run with something...anything....

DENY IGNORANCE people... geez!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
AND...just for kicks and giggles here is another thread I like and it is called "An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction". www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once again..not TELLING the OP to not create a thread...just showing there are places on ATS that can be really helpful TOO especially when you want to actually SEE if you can predict one and it come to light.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

the guy who predicted the world series quake was FIRED
sysygy i think he calls his method.

so much for being right.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join