It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I was not talking about the prediction, I was saying that Phage was and is correct that it was not connected to the geomagnetic storm.

That has nothing to do with the fact that the OP did indeed call it, by whatever means. And yes the odds sometimes fall in ones favour.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Am I wrong that this isn't in the predictions forum? He PREDICTED it. It happened....solar flare or not, he hit it. When was the last 7+ eq?

From the OP:

I don't usually do this, but here goes a rough prediction I'm making for the next 40 hours based on the X-Flare our sun blew out early this morning.

The last 7.1 was on February 2, 2012. There have been six 7+ in the past six months.

edit on 3/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by oldrockinchair
6.9 to 10.0 ,big cahuna coming from march 11 to march 24 window , this was a toy quake this person hit on a nail head. 188 key!!!!!!!!!!!

So if this was a 'toy' quake (7.1) WHY are you quoting a BIG KAHUNA coming and stating it'll be between 6.9 to 10?

You could at least range between 8 to 10 and narrow it down to a 40 hour time frame, otherwise I can't take you seriously...

Actually I really can't take you seriously, as you sound like an absolute NUT JOB!

link   
reply to post by amongus

Your 100% correct.. if it wasn't for the "way out there" thinkers of the past and present that the "scientist" brushed off, the human race wouldn't know half the things we presently do. "just saying"..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Enjoy your meal!

Haha!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Would this count as a prediction? Happened less than 24 hours ago…

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by amongus

Am I wrong that this isn't in the predictions forum? He PREDICTED it. It happened....solar flare or not, he hit it. When was the last 7+ eq?

From the OP:

I don't usually do this, but here goes a rough prediction I'm making for the next 40 hours based on the X-Flare our sun blew out early this morning.

The last 7.1 was on February 2, 2012. There have been six 7+ in the past six months.

And the chances of a 7+ eq happening not even 30 hours from his prediction are?

I know you can do the math.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by amongus

I was not talking about the prediction, I was saying that Phage was and is correct that it was not connected to the geomagnetic storm.

That has nothing to do with the fact that the OP did indeed call it, by whatever means. And yes the odds sometimes fall in ones favour.

And you know it has nothing to do with the geo-storm exactly how?

Would you bet your life and family on it?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I predict a large Earthquake that will devastate a city, located on continent at some point within the next 40 years...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

It's not hard.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

The last two pages have been about the earthquake.. I corrected my odds in my previous post.. was calculating 1 day not 40 hours.. I came up with about 12:1.. so Phage is correct with the odds. Still a nice prediction.

edit on 3/9/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by amongus

It's not hard.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Christ....of course phage. So you are saying the OP did the proper legwork to research the stats of his prediction, before posting it on ATS?

Do you ever give recognition?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

And you know it has nothing to do with the geo-storm exactly how?

Out of the six in the past 6 months, only this one occurred during a period of significant geomagnetic activity.

Tell, me. What should I do to protect myself and my family from an earthquake which may (or may not) occur somewhere on the planet during the next geomagnetic storm?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

hello edison and the wright brothers were nut jobs , like possibly you , but what if ? I' m write and you are buried in debri and as the andaconda of debri takes your last breath of air you finnaly see the light , will anything matter any more to you

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Let's just get the facts straight for a minute. Yes the OP called it and I am not knocking that. Luck, judgement, fortune telling who cares. That out of the way how likely was a mag 7 there? Actually very likely. The stress potential for the area was for a 7.9. It just so happens that Vanuatu, Santa Cruz Islands and Ryukyu are the three areas for which I have done potential stress calculations.

This latest earthquake has only reduced that to a possible

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Sure. I give him credit.
I'd give someone who called snake eyes before rolling it much more. But I wouldn't call him psychic.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

In a nutshell YES.

There is sufficient evident to refute a connection. Bear in mind however that I have said there is a connection to the Solar Cycles - the long range ones - which in turn are based on Grand Conjunctions, so maybe we should say that earthquakes are affected by the conjunctions of the major planets and the Sun rather than by activity on the Sun.

edit on 9/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well her ye go.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
yeah what about the other 4 mag 7's that have occurred in 2012 so far that were not during a CME.

Throw in a Full Moon yesterday though ...................

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To be honest, it's way to early to give the prediction any real credit, don't y'all think?

Until it's had a full review there's a big possibility that it will be DOWN GRADED to below 7.1 possibly 6.8 or less. Happens all the time.

So if it turns out to be less than 7.0 then the prediction wasn't accurate, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join