It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Being that the topic is over 20 pages (I don't have the time, sorry tl;dr), anyone mention the alternate meaning of "USA" where both teams happen to be U.S. based?

At least I know it goes back to the 1990's, and has nothing to do with nationality or race even...

It's just a taunt to rub in the face of the losing team. An abbreviated form of "You suck a##!"
Unsportsmanlike and a form of trolling, sure. But not really what I'd call racist.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Being that the topic is over 20 pages (I don't have the time, sorry tl;dr), anyone mention the alternate meaning of "USA" where both teams happen to be U.S. based?

At least I know it goes back to the 1990's, and has nothing to do with nationality or race even...

It's just a taunt to rub in the face of the losing team. An abbreviated form of "You suck a##!"
Unsportsmanlike and a form of trolling, sure. But not really what I'd call racist.

I have personally never heard that before! I would buy that before I buy the claim that the students suddenly felt a patriotic urge during a high school basketball game.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I have personally never heard that before! I would buy that before I buy the claim that the students suddenly felt a patriotic urge during a high school basketball game.

Where is your concern for the chants of “Alamo WHITEY?”

Maybe you would be taken seriously if you applied you distain for racism equally??

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Where is your concern for the chants of “Alamo WHITEY?”

Maybe you would be taken seriously if you applied you distain for racism equally??

Never heard any chants of Alamo Whitey, but I did hear the USA chants. Either way, Alamo Heights students weren't being patriotic.
edit on 11-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It would be nice if people on every side didn't get worked up about symbolic stuff but saved their emotions for real trouble like death and sickness.

But I know that people need symbols to fight over like this because we need some way to conceive of these nebulous half-understood things our minds do to us.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Never heard any chants of Alamo Whitey, but I did hear the USA chants. Either way, Alamo Heights students weren't being patriotic.

So you need video or it didn't happen, huh??

How does that work for criminal trials, because last time I checked most burglaries and murders are not caught on tape??

Are you an OJ supporter? “If it doesn’t fit - you must acquit?"

You must use your god given intellect to see through racism. The real racists are people like you who only persecute the side you feel sympathy for.

Sick!

edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

So you need video or it didn't happen, huh??

How does that work for criminal trials, because last time I checked most burglaries and murders are not caught on tape??

Are you an OJ supporter? “If it doesn’t fit - you must acquit?"

You must use your god given intellect to see through racism. The real racists are people like you who only persecute the side you feel sympathy for.

Sick!

So I'm supposed to believe it simply because a "source" said it? I don't believe that's how criminal trials work. You need a little more evidence than that.

edit on 11-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I think you are misinformed then. Many people have been convicted on just the word of someone, then later, through DNA evidence proven innocent and set free.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
All I have to say to anyone out there whether white, black, hispanic, asian or whatever else who are so oversensitive, and PC as to be offended by that is....

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I think you are misinformed then. Many people have been convicted on just the word of someone, then later, through DNA evidence proven innocent and set free.

Which just goes to show, you can't always count on reliability of just the word of someone. Thank goodness for DNA evidence, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1
All I have to say to anyone out there whether white, black, hispanic, asian or whatever else who are so oversensitive, and PC as to be offended by that is....

USA! USA! USA!

You racist.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Actually, cutting all the crap, what would America be where white is the minority. It wouldn't be America anymore. Might as well rename it.

Same goes for Europe. Especially for Europe.

I don't know, what would Bulgaria be if it weren't predominantly Turkic? What would Spain be if the Moors didn't control it for 600+ years. What would England be if the Normans never invaded? What would India be if the Indo-Europeans never went there? How would we consider Mexico if the Spanish never set foot there?

What would America be like if it wasn't "White"...what does "white" mean? Slovakian? Greek? Indian? Iranian? Armenian? Russian? Finnish? Hungarian?...or Scotch-Irish and English? If that is the case, then consider me only 1/3 white, because I'm only 1/3 Scotch-Irish...otherwise, I'm a hot blooded Latin, which...well, does that even meet your criterion for being "White"...or am I a mulatto half-breed of some sort?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Who's really the minority? Is it any one race? If we combine all the minority groups into one, they suddenly aren't the minority, and anyone not in the minority bucket (caucasian) is screwed. The double standards are getting ridiculous, but nobody stands up to them, because they'll be labeled a racist for the rest of their lives.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I do not believe that the children of illegal immigrants born in the U.S.A. are American citizens,but I have seen no proof of the Hispanic teams parent's status.Regardless,it is every Americans right to be a racist as long as it does not physically harm someone else.Freedom of speech.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion, and if you have ever been to Alamo Heights you'd know exactly why I mention the socioeconomic aspect of this particular incident and area of San Antonio...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If this PC Bull crap keeps going along like it is pretty soon being a racist will be the norm and many(most) will start being proud of it and where will we be then after all is said and done?? The race-baiters are causing this and beating the drums into the ground. It is going to be their undoing and not in a simple way!

Zindo

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join