It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by getreadyalready

So they were all illegals from mexico or something? Last time I checked, hispanics can be americans....

They are Americans who want to be Mexico in America. It's that simple really. The Reconquista motivation has spread and now they think they must put down anyone who is for America. It is so ironic for people in the USA chanting USA to be called names. Maybe their being so mad at this shows where their real loyalty lies. If you are not loyal to the USA you will hate it when people chant USA.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Right after the National Anthem?
What does that have to do with the end of the game?

At my daughters swim meets they did it right after the National Anthem.
Others do it in the middle of games or meets. Some do it at the end. SO WHAT?
The point is ... THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME.

When I was in high school I don't recall this chanting.

How long ago were you in high school? We didn't chant 'USA' in high school either. But that was 35 years ago. WAY before September 11th. It has become main stream since then.

I do wonder, however, why, as a society, we are so insecure with our tenuous democracy and constitutional rights that we feel the need to chant the name of our nation in unison..

I do wonder, however, why it is that some people really dont' like it when others show pride in the USA, and that they are all happy together showing pride and brotherhood in their country. Why it bugs them so much. That's very odd to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomKnight
reply to post by theubermensch

YES!! EVERYDAY WE CELEBRATE OUR FREEDOM BECAUSE OUR FOUNDING FATHERS AND THOUSANDS OF MEN DIED FOR OUR FREEDOM AND CONSTITUTION...IT'S CALL PRIDE ZOMBIE!

USA !! USA !! USA!!!

What does playing high school basketball have to do with the Founding Fathers or our Constitutional rights? Mindless chanting is not a substitute for actually being involved in the maintenance of your rights. Mindless chanting does not secure your right to vote in an open and fair election that does not have moneyed-interests in control. Playing basketball has nothing to do with freedom. They play basketball in China and they have mindless chants in North Korea.

On the other hand, purposeful chanting can tune you in to the vibrations of the creator. Otherwise why would you have a picture of a deity as your avatar? You of all people should know what chanting is for. It is power. It is the throat chakra. It is the WORD! It is CREATION.

Let me ask you something. If it was just mindless chanting, then why is one of the teams so mad about it? Would it be mindless chanting if they were chanting in Iran (&^% to America? Or how about Americans Chickens come home to roost, or how about the famous Rev Wright's )*& &^%$ America? Yes Words do matter.

Here is something for your spiritual self to ponder

Every sound we utter sends out an energy wave (or prayer) that aids in creating the world we experience. With every sentence we speak we are literally improving or destroying our health, relationships, finances, and more.

www.spiritofnature.org...

And I just love the peaceful meditative sound in the background, don't you?
edit on 8-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Listen up Aussie boy ... we understand that you are a foreigner and therefore don't 'get' things that go on here. However, it has been explained to you that here in the USA we do indeed chant 'USA USA' at all sorts of sporting events. In the USA, instead of chanting against the opposing team all the time, people chant 'USA USA" to show that underneath, we are all together.
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you really think I havent heard you people and your cult like chants? Do you really think that Australia,which is basically a state of America is any different? We have morons here that love to chant Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi. Its even more stupid than the USA chant. And the Aussie Aussie Aussie chant is used in a racist way at times as well,directed at lebanese indians,asians.....

Its not a pc issue. You are just parroting some conservative mouthpiece. The talking point is 'we dont apologize for being American and [SNIP] you!" Well it isnt about that. And you know it. The chabnt was intended to be racist.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by getreadyalready

See I don't know their intentions, I was not there, I am not them. My logic however cannot even begin to connect the dots as to how nationalism can be connected to racism.

Then maybe you should take the school's word for it.

It wasn't the hispanic school that "cried racism"...the coach of the "white" school is the one that told the students to stop the chant, it was the school officials of the "white" school that said they were dissapointed and apologized.

If this school chanted "USA" at the end of every victory...then it wouldn't be seen as racist. But they did it ONLY at this one game....hmmmmmm....I wonder what motivated them to do it only at this game????

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

After the national Anthem? I agree it would be appropriate.

As far as Flyersfan's assertions this is normal at sporting events across the nation, I call BS. I have been to plenty of Cavs, Indians, and Browns games to know it isn't happening there. Been to a few NASCAR races too and while I could see it happening there I don't recall any USA chants, but I did see a whole lot of Confederate flags.

The part of this that bothers me is that there are people defending this in some misguided sense of patriotism and completely ignoring the context. Did everyone chanting it mean it as an attempt to espouse racial bigotry? No probably not teenagers are excitable and easily worked up and prone to following the crowd. Did the few that started it intend to do it as such? There can be no other answer than yes because the context doesn't fit the event at all. Anyone saying it isn't is living in denial and are not that far removed from having the mentality of a German citizen in the 30's. Ironically these are the same people that claim the President wasn't born here, is a Marxist and out to become a dictator.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
So its national pride to taunt and insult hispanic americans?

That isn't what happened. For you to continue to assume it is, is beyond silly.
For you to keep insisting that is what happened ... that's pathological.

It was not some retarded confusing national pride.

So pride in being American is 'confusing' and 'retarded'?
You keep digging that hole of yours deeper and deeper.

You're ignoring context.

You're ignorning the fact that this sort of chanting goes on all across the country.

You're the clueless one.

Back atchya.

The only distinguishing factor between the two teams was the majority ethnic background.

Red herring. Irrelevant. Inventing a relationship between the chants that happen all the time and
the skin color of the other team.

So, are you so sure that the majority of people in this nation really get...I mean, really GET deep down, that if you are not "White" you can still be an American?

Of course. To say otherwise is inventing racism. Sure racism exists ... but ... to use YOUR words ... yes, a MAJORITY of the people in this nation know that brown, black and asian does indeed mean 'American.'. You'd be hard pressed to come up with any kind of evidence that says otherwise.

edit on 3/8/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is liberalism which has produced this. Liberals think it is too silly to show pride in your country. They suggest it is reminiscent of WWII Germany. They believe all Nationalism to be the spirit of Nazism instead of the spirit of Freedom we associate it with here in America. In America we believe in freedom and liberty and that is what USA stands for in the mind of her Champions. Too bad so many people are afraid to show their dedication to the Land of the Free. This is why it was interesting when a certain candidate made a big deal out of how he wouldn't wear the flag pin. He was showing his adherence to the liberty hating leftist base of Totalitarians and the NWO Internationalists who care not for any country and have no loyalties. And that is exactly what makes the Natural Born Clause so important when it comes to having a POTUS who is 100 % for our country.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Do you really think I havent heard you people and your cult like chants?

Then you are just blabbering anti-Americanisms due to your own bigotry because you have no evidence to support your premise that this just had to be racist. You have been forced to admit that you know about our culture of chanting 'USA USA' at all sorts of sporting events at all levels of play across this country. Yet you hang on to the anti-American - it must be racist - rhetoric. Seriously ... that's pretty pathological.

Well it isnt about that. And you know it.

I love it when people have no leg to stand on, get desperate, and start saying 'and you know it'.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
the coach of the "white"

Then the coach should be deported to mexico.

And be stripped of USA citizen ship.

This is whats wrong with America now.

To many spineless Americans let this go on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
As far as Flyersfan's assertions this is normal at sporting events across the nation, I call BS. I have been to plenty of Cavs, Indians, and Browns games to know it isn't happening there. Been to a few NASCAR races too and while I could see it happening there I don't recall any USA chants,

BS right backatchya.
Phillies games. Flyers games. Patriots games. NASCAR events. Blue Rocks (Minor league baseball). Phantoms (minor league hockey) I've seen it. I've heard it. And I've participated in it (in all but the NASCAR chant .. that was on TV).

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Anyone who tries to deny that the intent of this chant wasn't racist is either lying to themselves or is truly clueless.

Anyone who tries to claim that the intent of this chant was racist, is playing the race card or is truly clueless. Seriously .. you guys have absolutely nothing to stand on. No proof of intent and you ignore the culture of America, that 'USA' is chanted at all sorts of sporting events all the time.

'USA is not a race'. 'USA" chants happen all the time.
You guys are really looking desperate with this one.

The word that is being chanted doesn't have to be a "race" to be considered racist.

What kind of stupid logic is this???

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It wasn't the hispanic school that "cried racism"...the coach of the "white" school is the one that told the students to stop the chant, it was the school officials of the "white" school that said they were dissapointed and apologized.

Then the coach is a politically correct yahoo. This one oversensitive person saw racism where it wasn't. It's the coach who should apologize to the students for assuming that they were all a bunch of racists.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Then in my view it's the penalty ruling that should be subject to criticism. But I kave done the whole soccer thing and I know what happens when exuberant parents get mad that their kid got kicked in the ankle and fell. Oh wait that was my kid... but some parents get really mad and the referees are known to give out cards over any display.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The word that is being chanted doesn't have to be a "race" to be considered racist.

You are kidding, right?
No? You are really serious??
USA is not a race. The USA is made up of MANY different ethnic groups. It isn't just 'white'. It isn't just 'black'. It isn't just 'brown'. It isn't just 'asian'. It's all of the races together ... For someone to say that 'USA, USA' is racist ... when there is no clear cut one race for the USA .... that's just absolutely beyond silly.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Did this team chant "USA, USA, USA" after every game they played? NO
Did they Chant "USA, USA, USA" after this game to marginalize the opposing team? YES
Was that marginalization due to the racial makeup of the opposing team? YES

That is racist. The only other stance to take on this issue involves placing one's head in the sand.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It wasn't the Hispanic school that "cried racism"...the coach of the "white" school is the one that told the students to stop the chant, it was the school officials of the "white" school that said they were disappointed and apologized.

According to PC dogma, only white people can be racist. Only white people need to walk on egg shells in fear of offending anyone who isn't white. Only white people are not allowed to show nationalism.

If the Hispanic team had starting chanting 'Mexico' would their coach (white or Hispanic) have told the Hispanic students to stop?

Clearly, no.

Would the officials of the Hispanic school have said they were disappointed and apologized for their Hispanic students chanting 'Mexico'.

Clearly, again, No.

Only whites can be racist apparently. Only whites must walk on egg shells and only whites are not allowed to show nationalism.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

So, you honestly believe they were chanting USA-USA for innocent and patriotic reasons? If that is the case, then of course it is not racist. Everyone is free to cheer on the USA, and I support that! I just don't see how it makes any sense to chant USA when one US team beats another US team. The only reason it makes any sense is if it was intended as a jab at their hispanic heritage.

And, for the record, maybe I am one of the reasons racism still exists. I have some racist tendencies, and I think we all do, and I think we all always will. Judging people by first impressions and stereotypes is part of our nature, and it is a survival instinct and I hope it never goes away. Of course, I also use my logic and reason to delve deeper into each individual person if given a chance, but I don't ignore my first impressions, I embrace them. I also know many stereotypes came about for good solid reasons, and I'm not afraid to admit them, just like I did in my earlier post that Hispanics are more typically good at Soccer, Baseball, and Boxing, not Basketball. Of course, there are some good Hispanic basketball players, but they are the exceptions not the norm.

I also regularly immerse myself in other cultures, and I love to learn and experience them, but I'm no PC freak, I speak my mind bluntly, and if my naivety makes me say something stupid, I wear it with pride and I try to make amends.

Now, that gets us to the point, this white school said these things with racist intentions. No doubt about it. Fine. That is their right. They should be allowed to feel the way they feel, but they shouldn't try to hide behind some BS excuse about Patriotism. This had nothing to do with the USA, this had to do with poking at them for not being white in their heritage. If I saw a basketball game with some lanky white kid and some short hispanic kid getting pwned by him, I would probably make some jabs at his heritage too! It would be funny, true, and relavent, but I wouldn't pretend I meant no harm by it. I would call it exactly what it is. Racism.

In my opinion, the problem isn't racism, the problem is the cover-up of racism, and the undertones of racism, and the people becoming offended on behalf of someone else, and the people that hide their racism and criticize it in others.

What this school needs to do, is wait until Soccer season, and then blowout the white school with no mercy, and then chant USA afterwards.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Do you really think I havent heard you people and your cult like chants?

Then you are just blabbering anti-Americanisms due to your own bigotry because you have no evidence to support your premise that this just had to be racist. You have been forced to admit that you know about our culture of chanting 'USA USA' at all sorts of sporting events at all levels of play across this country. Yet you hang on to the anti-American - it must be racist - rhetoric. Seriously ... that's pretty pathological.

Well it isnt about that. And you know it.

I love it when people have no leg to stand on, get desperate, and start saying 'and you know it'.

It has nothing to do with being Anti American or pc. There are plenty of Americans that can see what happened. The people that were chanting acknowledge that it was wrong. But what is worse than the chant is the consevative mouthpieces that are making this a talking point and even worse are the lobtomized parrots that parrot the bs.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You are kidding, right?
No? You are really serious??
USA is not a race. The USA is made up of MANY different ethnic groups. It isn't just 'white'. It isn't just 'black'. It isn't just 'brown'. It isn't just 'asian'. It's all of the races together ... For someone to say that 'USA, USA' is racist ... when there is no clear cut one race for the USA .... that's just absolutely beyond silly.

You are usually one of the most logical people on ATS, and you know this is BS. The USA for centuries was mainly W.A.S.P. It was founded that way. We made slaves out of the Irish, Chinese, Africans, and others. We massacred the Indians and drove the Spaniards back south of the Rio Grande. Inter-racial marriages were illegal up into the 1960's!!!

The USA has many different ethnic groups, but they have never been equal, and they have only been attempting to obtain some equality for less than 50 years.

Have you watched any of the Republican debates? Most of the candidates on stage want to break up Hispanic families that have been here for decades and deport members of the family, even if they have been paying taxes, following laws, getting educated, and contributing to society! They still want to shatter their lives 30 and 40 years after their illegal immigration despite obvious efforts to meld into our society and contribute.

Here is my take on how to Fix Immigration. I wrote it over 2 years ago, but it is still the best plan on the table.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join