It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How anyone can even be ignorant enough to consider chanting USA is racist is way beyond me. USA is not a race, it is the nation we live in and ironically the US has historically been known as the melting pot of the world where we have a huge diversity of races.

There is no way that chanting USA can be taken to think that a race is superior to any other, or discriminating against another race. That is pretty much the definition of racism after all. Now if these students had chanted KKK, Caucasian, Aryan, white power, etc. that would be racism.

This is nothing more than political correctness gone wild.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Its all about context. People dont just start chanting usa in high school football games when playing against an american team. They do stuff like that when playing in the olympics or soccer or something.

The principle apologizing so easily suggests to me that he knew it was nefarious.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

It can be when part of our national debate Involves the citizenship of people in this country and is aimed predominantly at Mexicans, i.e. Hispanics, who have been accused of not being loyal to this country.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It can be when part of our national debate Involves the citizenship of people in this country and is aimed predominantly at Mexicans, i.e. Hispanics, who have been accused of not being loyal to this country.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by seabag

Its all about context. People dont just start chanting usa in high school football games when playing against an american team. They do stuff like that when playing in the olympics or soccer or something.

The principle apologizing so easily suggests to me that he knew it was nefarious.

Again.......

This IS America. They can chant ANYTHING they want. Their is NO law that says OTHERWISE.

Regardless if you,them or anyone doesn't like it.

Seriously,this what America,has become.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
put this case right in the the toilet.

file it under "W" for WAAAAAAAA

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

And yet in this example they continue to show their disloyalty to this country. They are living here, whether legally or not, so obviously the USA has something to offer them that there country of origin didn't. Yet they are "offended" by the chanting of the name of the nation they live in......... yeah, great way to increase the perception of their loyalty and help put an end to the accusations of disloyalty.

When my ancestors immigrated to this country they were not offended by hearing USA. They would have joined in the chant because they were proud of the country they had migrated to and were grateful of the opportunity. My heritage, mostly Irish, also suffered their fair share of racism directed toward them but they chose to ignore it and move on.

The difference between now and then is they were proud to assimilate into the country, where it seems most now want the benefits of coming here yet want to be known first as their heritage and secondly as American.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What happened to the good old days when if you made a racist comment towards someone, they knocked you the $&@? out. It may seem cruel but it is an effective deterrent to ignorant bigots. In my school since I am still young, when someone said something that's what happened, i live in Arkansas and the Hispanics and white kids partied together every weekend, and they were legendary.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Kali74

Do you think the illegal aliens in Arizona are from Canada, Iceland, Germany, Sweden. Ireland, Poland, Japan, Norway, Russia, or France? Maybe they are from Alpha Centauri?

I swear all those alpha centaurian's are all here illegally, heck we don't even recognize their citizenship!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, this is USA. If people don't want to deal with national pride, even if directed in a negative way, then don't go into that country. It's all of our country. They must not consider themselves Americans if they took offense at this stupidity. The rational thing to do would be to laugh and say, "Idiots, we're Americans too. USA! USA!" joining in on the chant. The dumb white boys would have stopped pretty quick when they realized that their joke didn't have an effect.

Which it shouldn't have. The fact that it did, means that those Mexican-American boys aren't happy to be in our country.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'll make sure that I add USA with the n word and c word and s word. Now I have a "u" word...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If people dont like the way we do things in the usa,leave and good ridence.im getting sick an tired of having to walk on eggshells just so no ones feelings get hurt.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
USA USA USA had to do it

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hmmmmm this sounds Familiar

team USA bood at Rose Bow Stadium

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
sounds racist to me... i bet the white kids would be crying if the mexican soccer team chanted mexico after juggling the ball around the ball with their feet. It would be ok in the 90's, but now, in 2012, its not ok to chant USA anywhere.... nobody likes us

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Hmmmmm this sounds Familiar

team USA bood at Rose Bow Stadium

The horror.......

Wheres the mainstream media outrage.....?

Oh Nevermind.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by seabag

It sounds like the intended it to be racist, and so, therefore, it was racist. If they would have been chanting it after a 4th of July celebration, or watching soldiers arrive back into port it would not be racist, but if they were intentionally chanting it at a bunch of Hispanics, then it was intentionally...... racist.

It is never the words; it is always the intent behind the words.

So the only time you can have pride in your country is on 4th of July or when greeting soldiers?......REALL?????

It is a sad state that our nation has arrived at, can't fly the flag in certain areas, can't chant USA, can't be proud of our nation.

Well here you go.....get ready....I must be one hell of a racist.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Now if someone doesn't like that then you can stick your opinion in the same place your head is obviously in. I served and sacrificed for my country, came home with a Purple Heart with Clusters and if anyone tries to tell me I can't chant USA! or show any other form of pride for my country then they may want to evac my vicintity. If they don'y like hearing it then my suggestion is get the hell out of this country.

What a moron you are. You make me sick. Im not sure if you really are as stupid as you claim or you miss the point on purpose. And what the hell does your Purple Heart have to do with anything? Are you trying to make your stupidity more believable by telling us that you served as a merc in the United States Governments 'Military'? I still dont believe you are that stupid. I find you infuriating. You are like some hyserical dispicable liberal. Honestly. I know you arent that stupid. You cant be.

You know very well why the chant was offensive. Dont be [SNIp]ing ludicrous. If you really are as stupid as you claim then I pity you. But like I said,its very difficult to believe. It is more likely that you use hysterics opportunistically in the same way that a dishonourable liberal would. Shame.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Last time I checked "USA" is not a race...if anything it's Nationalism, not racism. If you are not 'white' but you are American than someone chanting USA should make you happy, and if it doesn't than why are you here? For example...lets say there's a sports event where one team is mostly white and one is hispanic, oh yeah you just read that, pretty sure they were all American so whatever some people are just stupid.

Lets take the 4th of July for example...so if 'white' people are chanting USA while waving the American Flag and then African Americans/Asian Americans hear it and see the flag in their face are they going to be all messed up about it too? This is just ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
'USA' isn't a race. The school district people who forced apologies for students chanting 'USA' are morons and frankly, THEY are the ones being bigoted. Seriously ... the school district should apologize to both schools for their error. (and then go home and shut the hell up).

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

some people are just stupid.

They certainly are

Are you serious?

If you are then I will help you out. The chants intent is to imply that the hispanic americans are not american. It is inappropriate,offensive and racist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join