It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Mass Murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Sun3Mud6

There again you failed to do what the bible has told you not to do.

Thanks? That's still a good thing in Christianity correct?

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Wait... If..........I mean...........You didn't................What you.. No ....This is one of those ....Forget it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

When you get a better hold on your self righteousness we'll talk more logically. Ok champ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Op has raised an interesting an intelligent question. but inside deep iinside I know Iam seperate from God ..because I cannot accept love and its demands to the required level of Living within God.

God kills no one , we never die, we only exist either alone ...or with "him"..?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
theres no such thing as death-

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The devil is here to teach you a lesson and "god" is here to make you feel loved. Same deity.

What??? Where did you get such convoluted idea?

What you're saying is like one needs to get sick in order to know what healthy feels like or one needs to feel sad in order to know what happiness is.

If you really believe in what you just said then then you're in full contradiction with the Jesus Christ the son of God when he said:

“Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.” (Mark 10:17, 18)

If Jesus is the epitome of goodness why did he say that "Nobody is good, except one, God"?

Why did Jesus gave the glory to his father and God if you say that God is both good and bad?

Here's some more:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." - (Jhn 6:37 KJV)

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." - (Jhn 6:38 KJV)

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." - (Jhn 6:39 KJV)

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." - (Jhn 6:44 KJV)

Apostle John:

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - (1Jo 4:8 KJV)

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." - (1Jo 4:9 KJV)

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins." - (1Jo 4:10 KJV)

The Apostle Paul:

"Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;" - (2Cr 1:3 KJV)

"Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." - (2Cr 1:4 KJV)

tc

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
God gives us life to begin with, then he give us trials, if we end up dead from those trials so be it, mortal death is only temporary, it's only a tiny slice of the picture. After death there is another life, and after that one, there is another, some people get there sooner than later, but all get there eventually.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
How many people did humans kill?

I lost my faith in humankind.

Anyways, I think, the last testament is history. And he did it for reasons, from what I understand, by first giving them changes, to change (follow the good path). If there is no end in sight that they change, god's reasoning is simply, punishment.

Woah hold up a second here, you've lost me.

If everything that happens is part of a per-determined plan by God, as so many Christians have told me, then him telling humanity that they have "free-will" is a lie, and he's already picked out who's going to "follow the good path" and who's going to "burn for eternity".

Sounds like sadistic psychopath to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Sun3Mud6

When you get a better hold on your self righteousness we'll talk more logically. Ok champ?

MINE?? I have no righteousness, I'm a sinner.

I didn't save myself, Jesus saved me.

But anyways, thanks for pre-warning me there will be future chats.

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Wait... If..........I mean...........You didn't................What you.. No ....This is one of those ....Forget it.

Right???

Now I am 'self-righteouss' because i "failed to do" what the Bible has "told me not to do".

Sure, okay. That's the point of reading the Bible isn't it? To stop doing the things it says not to do anymore?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thanks for your help with that typ. I would of been spinning my wheels for days.

Sun
I hope you can take a lil fun being poked your way. Believe me I've made bigger fopahs than that and most of us do. I just try to laugh it off and think a lil more the next time before I hit that send button. When in doubt ? Deflect.
edit on 10-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's a little pedantic, don't you think?
I think we can all tell what he was trying to say.
In the interests of honest debate, maybe we could dial back the giggles and address the statements as we understand they were meant?
Just a suggestion in order to save the thread from being derailed by this kind of tactic.

I do want a Christian to counter my previous post, though.
Any takers?
How can horrific deicide and ritual consumption lead to salvation?
Obviously, the disgusting ritualistic killing and eating of a God is one of the oldest traditions in the world, but how is a corrupt human being washed clean by the shedding of the blood of a perfect deity?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
It's a little pedantic, don't you think?
I think we can all tell what he was trying to say.
In the interests of honest debate, maybe we could dial back the giggles and address the statements as we understand they were meant?
Just a suggestion in order to save the thread from being derailed by this kind of tactic.

I do want a Christian to counter my previous post, though.
Any takers?
How can horrific deicide and ritual consumption lead to salvation?
Obviously, the disgusting ritualistic killing and eating of a God is one of the oldest traditions in the world, but how is a corrupt human being washed clean by the shedding of the blood of a perfect deity?

An interesting topic you raised Cody but I think it's best if you create a different thread and post your question there so that it can be properly address. But if you want to discuss it here - let me know and I'll take a crack of it.

But one thing I would like to tell you - as an avid student of the Bible I have to fully rely on it because my opinion doesn't mean a squat without a biblical support.

tc.

as you can see the OP hasn't address my post yet and no takers also.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
An interesting topic you raised Cody but I think it's best if you create a different thread and post your question there so that it can be properly address. But if you want to discuss it here - let me know and I'll take a crack of it.

But one thing I would like to tell you - as an avid student of the Bible I have to fully rely on it because my opinion doesn't mean a squat without a biblical support.

tc.

as you can see the OP hasn't address my post yet and no takers also.

Sure thing, dude - I'd love you to take a crack at it, but if you think it's too far off topic then let me know and I'll start a new thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
God works in mysterious ways.

The most important person God killed? His only son...Jesus.

Next to his creation of everything, this is his greatest gift to humanity.

What I find strange about that idea is that God uses those that have ill intentions (sinners lets call them since they brake the commandment of do not kill) to bring forth this path of salvation to fruition. So all of this could not of happened without the sinners that did the dirty deed....I guess we should be thankful to them too? Surely, being God, Thee knew how all of this would end up turning out and that he would have to have men willing to do wrong, to bring forth the killing of his son.....so then we can be saved through the blood shed of Jesus?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It wasn't genocide. The humans on earth at that time were evil and had decided to rebuke god. God did something that God did not want to do and promised to never do again: he created the flood. Yes, it killed all of the animals, but God put the animals on earth for humans to use. Animals do not have souls.

Do you recall that only Noah and those who went with him were faithful.

Blah blah. Something like that. That's what a christian is going to argue.

I was a christian for the first 25 years of my life. I'm 34 now. Trying to channel the old feelings back. I accepted christ in my heart when I was in 2nd grade. Everybody in my family was a christian. We were fundamentalist. That 6000 year thing. Anyway, God is a very loving thing and does not want to see us go to hell. But our evil hearts cause us to break away from God. Looked at from this perspective, God is not the killer. God was simply doing what God had to do. God is perfect. We can't understand God.

I remember a feeling of mercy. Of "How can God love a rotten sinner like me????" Christianity makes you feel that way. It makes you feel dirty. So when God loves you, you feel humble. So once you make that crossing over, you're born again. You can't believe it. God forgives you! But you have to stay on the straight and narrow path. Just being born again is not enough. The original sin lingers...

YOu're also filled with a deep fear of Satan. You learn that Satan is hte prince of lies. Satan can appear as an angel of light. You have to wear the full armor of god to protect yourself from Satan.

Just trying to give people a feel for what being a christian is like. I still remember.

I'm agnostic now. I can say #%@ God and not feel guilty. I couldn't do that 5 years ago.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Just trying to give people a feel for what being a christian is like. I still remember.

Indeed your arguments are typical of those I would have given when I was a Christian. Also I probably would have emphasized the idea that the Flood was just "righteous judgement" and that anyone innocent who died in the Flood simply just "went to heaven".

The humans on earth at that time were evil

But God didn't just kill evil people in the Flood, he also killed infants, innocent children, and animals that had done nothing wrong.

It wasn't genocide.

You're right, it was worse, it was speci-cide, God wanted kill the entire human species and start over with Noah and his family.

but God put the animals on earth for humans to use. Animals do not have souls.

That hardly makes it okay. Such an excuse would not make human killing of animals an okay thing would it? If you saw someone abusing their dog you wouldn't ignore it and brush it off as okay because "animals don't have souls" and "that dog is just here for humans to use"...

It's funny because God is meant to have BETTER morals and be PERFECT and yet Christians will always defend his evil actions that, if a human being committed them, would be undeniably immoral. They will, in one breath, claim that his law and his morals are perfect while in the next will quote "his ways are not our ways".

Congrats on escaping religion, it's amazing how many people have a story almost identical to my own. Fundamentalism tends to breed the most active critics of religion

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It wasn't genocide. The humans on earth at that time were evil and had decided to rebuke god. God did something that God did not want to do and promised to never do again: he created the flood. Yes, it killed all of the animals, but God put the animals on earth for humans to use. Animals do not have souls.

So, let me get this straight: We are animals, so therefore we don't have souls?

Now, of course we are animals.

All that other guff in the quote is just faerie-tale nonsense.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Question: what is this thread actually about?
The fact that i have a serious problem with organized religion,
can pretty much be seen from what i´ve posted on this site. Yet, i have ABSOLUTE faith in
the great "whatever". People just apparently cannot wrap their minds around the fact that death,
it´s absolutely necessary to keep the balance.
(as there is no "death", all matter is energy, and energy just changes it´s form.)
Yes, "God" is a mass murderer,
Kudos to that freaky f**k for it.

But then again, i could be completely wrong about this thing.
edit on 11-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Sure thing, dude - I'd love you to take a crack at it, but if you think it's too far off topic then let me know and I'll start a new thread.

Yes, create a new thread or repost you q here as it's related - your choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join