It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Mass Murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

What you don't seem to realise is that for me, threads like this are offensive from the get go so most of what you consider attacks are really just observations for me. Coming off like someone who is so sure of them self as to sit in judgement of God ? Or claim he doesn't exist ? When you can't possibly know that without full on knowledge of the universe in all dimensions. Let me ask you this when you say Yahweh do you mean the one true Creator God The heavenly Father ? Cause for me there is only one God. But wait a minute you don't believe anything beyond imagination. So... see what I mean.

You didn't even take the time to correct your heading. So it's obvious the amount of thought you put into it.

Your heading should've read. God is a mass murderer to all those who believe in him or at least he should be. He can't be anything to me because he is only a figment of someone with lesser knowledge than my owns imagination.
edit on 8-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What you don't seem to realise is that for me, threads like this are offensive from the get go so most of what you consider attacks are really just observations for me. Coming off like someone who is so sure of them self as to sit in judgement of God ? Or claim he doesn't exist ? When you can't possibly know that without full on knowledge of the universe in all dimensions. Let me ask you this when you say Yahweh do you mean the one true Creator God The heavenly Father ? Cause for me there is only one God. But wait a minute you don't believe anything beyond imagination. So... see what I mean.

I've said, repeatedly in this topic, in posts directed at you, that I don't claim to know 100% there are no deities. Not believing in something, doesn't mean the same as claiming to have certainty it doesn't. Do you claim to know 100% that the Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't real, and that you know every nook and cranny of this universe and every other possible universe, that he's not there somewhere? Do you claim to have 100% proof that Russel's teapot isn't floating out there?

I don't claim to know anything 100%. Ghosts, Deities, Unicorns, Magic Sandwiches, Voltron, ect. There's a slight chance any of those might possibly be real, but I don't believe in them just because I can't be sure they're not there. Belief, for me, requires a reason to believe. Disbelief, is natural when there are no reasons to believe.

I can't know 100% that Thor doesn't or didn't exist, somewhere sometime in some form. Or Shiva, or Cthulhu. Or any other Gods. Would you suggest I believe in them because I don't know everything about the universe to say they aren't there?

When I say Yahweh, I mean the biblical God as generally interpreted by Christians. Seems simple. A god can be any god, but if I'm talking something specific to the biblical god, it's good to denote that I'm talking to the biblical god.

~
If you don't mind. I'd like to know where I said I don't "believe anything beyond imagination." Or, I'd like to know what that even means. Not believing in a deity, doesn't say anything about my beliefs about anything else.

Also while I'm asking, you say "Sit in the judgement of God" frequently. I have no idea what you mean by it.

~
Just so you know, the reason I opened this thread, was because I thought it was offensive to. "God is a Mass Murder", my sense of Grammer took serious offense. I was tempted to make a post correcting that mistake.

I agree that OP was not impartial, and to a degree could be considered offensive. However, I don't agree think that justifies being offensive towards other posters in the topic, just because 'it's already an offensive topic.'

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You didn't even take the time to correct your heading. So it's obvious the amount of thought you put into it.

Your heading should've read. God is a mass murderer to all those who believe in him or at least he should be. He can't be anything to me because he is only a figment of someone with lesser knowledge than my owns imagination.

You edited this in after I hit reply.

Take note, I clarified that I didn't write this topic very early on. If you actually read my posts, that would of been clear right away.

I agree that OP didn't put the most thought into writing this topic.

I am not the OP though, this isn't the kind of topic I would write.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Oh for. Do you not see I was offering up those examples at this point, only to show you why we are having such a hard time talking to each other the way to normal people should be able to do with much better results than those we are presently achieving.

You saw someone who was attacking you. Because of the obsevations I related from the start.

You edited this in after I hit reply

Yes i most likely did do that. Only because I'm slow. I 'll admit that. You are correct.

I am not the OP though, this isn't the kind of topic I would write.

And there is the other reason we're having such a hard time.

So you're not the OP ?

Well damn it you shoud've been.

Don't know how I got that carried away. But anyway don't change the subject you know what I mean.

Lmao at myself ! You got to be kidding me ? That's one of the funniest things that has ever come across the wire.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by ugahm

Kinda hard wrapping your head around this, Huh??? I am amazed by the people who troll like the op on this one.

I guess it's hard to believe that there is a reason for all of this universe and people who don't want to believe that a higher power controls everything.

since you don't believe in "God" and I guess "Evil" as in Satan, who do you really think was behind Hitler killing all the 8 million people in WWll or behind Stalin and Lenin killing 20 million Russians?? Or all the deaths in all of the wars we've had since the beginning. Just people??? Naw......It's a big long term plan that you just don't understand so you just can't accept what you can't see....

There definitely is an intergalactic, universal battle being fought throughout the universe. The battle between Light and Dark, Positively charged light and Negatively charged light.
This is what creates "clingy-ness" , or for more advanced element clusters, "religion". This constant battle is what creates motion and attraction and ultimately a black hole of negative matter that builds up power than explodes into the universe creating all kinds of atmospheres and climates that eventually lead to reproducing lifeforms.

All of us and all of everything, all rocks, water, gas, people, goldfish, trash-bags, rubber tires, whiskey, etc.. (everything that is and that can be described as a collection of elements), all of "us" are collections of energy that will one day travel on to spread energy elsewhere. "We", the universe, may have not met everyone yet, but "we" are all just positively charged electrons combating negatively charged electrons doing what the universe does.
Sure, this could manifest itself through our advanced life-form brains into genres that portray "evil". And we could have mass murderers that actively seek to be "evil". But it's just part of the overall never ending cosmic battle.

There could be a galaxy where their "Hitler" won and eventually ruled their world. Those alien soldiers could be sailing here right now to conquer earth. If they perhaps are engulfed in a different type of energy, like negative vs positive, they could be completely hostile. Imagine if we are suddenly attacked by a society of aliens with a "hive like" mentality, cold , resembling a bee meets mantis insect alien that has only one goal, lay eggs across the entire surface of the earth and use our dying, rotting forests, animals and humans as nutrient for their gooey egg spawn.

º¡§ª

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Just out of curiosity if God made us in his own image, wouldn't that make us ALL God's children just like Jesus?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
God works in mysterious ways.

The most important person God killed? His only son...Jesus.

Next to his creation of everything, this is his greatest gift to humanity.

A gift?
Horrific, disgusting deicide perpetrated by human beings, a gift?
A religion built on the sacrifice and consequent ritual consumption of the transubstantiated blood and flesh of a deity?
Pssst - you're not washed clean of your sin in the blood of a God, and you don't get immortality by consuming Him.
Still, it does serve a grand plan. Just not the one you're thinking of.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

I applaud the post, OP. So many others have missed the point, or are trying desperately to throw off the original intent of the video, and (I believe) your thread.

The God of the Bible (the Christian God) is described as all-loving, and all-good. Christians constantly try to reinforce how evil and horrible that Satan and other non-Christian-gods are. Yet, going strictly by the evidence presented in the Holy Bible (God's direct words) He is responsible for over 2 million known deaths, added to the countless other "whole world" murders that He said He committed. In the Bible Satan is only listed as killing a handful of people. Remember, Satan is: the Devil, and all non-Christian-gods. So, the written testimonial of God Himself speaks volumes of evidence to his love of murdering people.

If the Christians want to move the goal posts to try and say God didn't do it, all you need to do is what the video did: point out chapter and verse for all the deaths. The Bible is the word of God, and God commands those deaths. If that's not so, then you're not talking to a Christian, and their concept of God does not apply to this discussion.

As for mass-murder of Jews in Egypt... there's no evidence for it. "Slaves" in Egypt were land-holders, and essentially had freedom to do as they wanted, as long as they didn't threaten the social structure.

Egypt didn't become an oasis and center of education and learning just because. Quite the contrary. It was a welcoming country, that loved learning and inviting it's neighbors in if they came peacefully to co-exist.

Unfortunately, ancient Jews were greedy, thieving, gluttonous nomads who just wanted, wanted, wanted without deserving.

So, the real Satan is up in the air. My money is on the theiving, warring society which tried to steal the land of others... AKA the Jews.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm
God has killed millions of people.

He's GOD. He is allowed to.
edit on 9-3-2012 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The majority of posters on these forums, I believe tend to think they are above everyone else on an intellectual level and I believe this contributes to the fact that no one really ever gives kudos to people on here. I must say you are one clever SOB.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
*IF* all the claims made about the God who is the subject of the OP are true, then the fact that he called his own back to him for perpetual bliss (and condemned those who were impossibly evil - in absolute terms).... then his actions are de facto right and good.

*IF* all the claims are not correct, then the claims about murder are also incorrect. And therefore not attributable to God.

The OP only has a point is it first assumes that the God in question does not exist, or is not what he says he is. And then goes on to prove it with dazzling circular logic. Presupposing facts and then going on to prove them is wonderous. But stupid, ultimately.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

God is a Mass Murder
God has killed millions of people. Well so the bible says.

So I assume you know the Bible very well to be able to confidently claim this, am I correct?

If so, can you please tell me then, did God intended man to die from the very beginning? That is, was death part of God's plan for man after blessing and telling them to multiply and fill the earth and take care of it (see Genesis 1:28)?

tc

edit on 9-3-2012 by edmc^2 because: added OP title

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

The ironic thing is that most people learn about Noah when they are children, and then later in life that story is less and less emphasized. I remember all the smiling animals in the children's Bible lining up for Noah apparently blissfully unaware that the rest of their species is about to be drowned horribly.

They never tell you the whole story, they focus on Noah, his commitment to God and his struggles, and de-emphasize the fact that infants, puppies, kittens and every other person and animal on the planet are killed.

Not only does God commit mass genocide numerous times in the Bible but he also openly condones slavery and has a fiery torture pit where he plans on burning the majority of humans for eternity. It truly amazes me that more people don't realize how absurd these stories are but then such is the nature of indoctrination and self-deception.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Coming off like someone who is so sure of them self as to sit in judgement of God ?

Keep in mind Randy that according to your mythology human beings ate of the fruit of KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND OF EVIL.

This means that, by the admission of your own myths, we have the ability to judge good and evil.

Regardless the God of the Bible is one of the most twisted, sick and incompetent characters in all of fiction.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Titen you certainly are opinionated. But that's all you're bringing to the table here. Your opinion. Thanks for reminding me of it but I think I have it well understood by now. So why don't you spend your time enlightening others with such great understanding. I really don't need to see it anymore. See I have my own opinion and it's just as valid as yours. Only I like mine a lot better than yours. So save it for someone else next time if you would
please ? K ? Perhaps you should keep that in mind.
edit on 9-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

God is a mass murderer!

That's because god and the devil are the same guy.

Imagine that you are trying to teach your children a lesson. You've tried and tried through love to teach them this lesson. There not getting it.

The only way to teach them is by sticking there hand in the fire (Not literally) and showing them fire burns you. It's called tough love. Better example here.

"If you don't manage your money your going to lose your car. Your already behind 2 months on your car payment."

They don't manage their money and ask you for help. Don't pay it. You've told them time and again what was gonna happen. The only way they will learn is let it happen. Tough love.

To be the beginning and the end means you have to be good and evil. The devil is here to teach you a lesson and "god" is here to make you feel loved. Same deity.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Sun3Mud6
reply to post by ugahm

God is a mass murderer!

No He is not, He's Sovereign, that's His job. It's murder when we decide the timing of someone's death because we are NOT God and it isn't our job to decide the timing of someone's death.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There again you failed to do what the bible has told you not to do.

BEING JUDGEMENTAL.

I've done called you on it twice care to go for a third?

If you read that post you would know I put the title of the thread at the top before I wrote my post.

So there again I caught you being blind.

Here let me help you see. Go back up there and read the whole post!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Some people will have to come to the reality that they are really non intelligent and lack the mental capacity to ever understand what God is or how, what and why things were created. Dont worry, nobody does.

I believe that you have a really dim view on what religion is or why people cling to it. That is your opinion.

It is not strange at all that someone like you with your views comes across they way you did. Most readers were disgusted with your vibe. You see, there is no evidence for that but it is true.

Maybe it is your view or understanding of religion and ancient texts that is stupid and not the other way around.

One to grow on.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm
God has killed millions of people. Well so the bible says.

Here is a YouTube video that someone made which i find hilarious. HowManyPeopleHasGodKilled

The video does a count down of all the deaths specifically mentioned in the bible traced to god.
It's in an arcade style countdown; kinda hard to describe just watch the video.

The video doesn't count the deaths that were not mentioned in numbers (such as)
-The great flood (est. 20mill)
-Death of all first born in Egypt (500k)

In my opinion religion is a complete joke. It's ridiculous that millions of people can believe in such crap. I was shocked to see that there is a large group of people on ATS who are religious.

Those who believe in Religion mostly do so on faith. Faith is believing in something with absolutely no evidence. My head just can't grasp that so many people actually believe in Christianity.

I did a search before i posted and the only thing i found similar was this ATS
It basically states what this video does. But it has a important video of the Atheist Experience on the bottom that you guys should check out.

He also makes a point on the deaths caused by Satan (10 compared to millions) . Here is a quote from his post.

It appears that Satan only killed 10 people: the seven sons and three daughters of Job. And he only does this because god allowed it as part of a bet!. Technically the blood is on god's hands for these as well.
Thanks to traditionaldrummer for the quote.

edit on 7-3-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

God cannot murder, but He can kill. He is God. God created life and He can do what He wants with it. All other created beings are subject to Him. God is not an equal. That being said, Satan is responsible for all human death because he deceived Adam and Eve and therefore death is inherited through them to all of us. Death is a disease. But there is a cure called Jesus. Jesus gives life back, if you will accept it from Him.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join