It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Mass Murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
God has killed millions of people. Well so the bible says.

Here is a YouTube video that someone made which i find hilarious. HowManyPeopleHasGodKilled

The video does a count down of all the deaths specifically mentioned in the bible traced to god.
It's in an arcade style countdown; kinda hard to describe just watch the video.

The video doesn't count the deaths that were not mentioned in numbers (such as)
-The great flood (est. 20mill)
-Death of all first born in Egypt (500k)

In my opinion religion is a complete joke. It's ridiculous that millions of people can believe in such crap. I was shocked to see that there is a large group of people on ATS who are religious.

Those who believe in Religion mostly do so on faith. Faith is believing in something with absolutely no evidence. My head just can't grasp that so many people actually believe in Christianity.

I did a search before i posted and the only thing i found similar was this ATS
It basically states what this video does. But it has a important video of the Atheist Experience on the bottom that you guys should check out.

He also makes a point on the deaths caused by Satan (10 compared to millions) . Here is a quote from his post.

It appears that Satan only killed 10 people: the seven sons and three daughters of Job. And he only does this because god allowed it as part of a bet!. Technically the blood is on god's hands for these as well.
Thanks to traditionaldrummer for the quote.

edit on 7-3-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Actually, 100% of people eventually die. Accidents and Natural Causes account for the majority of those, and people on people crime make up the rest, with a few instances of people succumbing to animals.

So, yes, God, Nature, Life is a mass murderer. We all get murdered eventually, either by our God, or our Neighbor, or our Dog, or ourselves through an accident, or as a result of living too long.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Strange that you mentioned the first born of Egypt being killed, but didn't mention that that whole story began with Pharaoh killing all the first born males of the Hebrews. I suppose it should be assumed that Pharaoh was acting under the orders of his god, which is definitely the devil, as a part of some ill conceived attempt to 'manage' the Hebrew population...

Herod, too, was looking for Hebrews boys to kill; also, i assume, under orders from satan.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ugahm

Actually, 100% of people eventually die. Accidents and Natural Causes account for the majority of those, and people on people crime make up the rest, with a few instances of people succumbing to animals.

So, yes, God, Nature, Life is a mass murderer. We all get murdered eventually, either by our God, or our Neighbor, or our Dog, or ourselves through an accident, or as a result of living too long.

Yes I am quite aware that everybody eventually dies. Your post is kinda irrelevant. My thread shows deaths directly linked to god from the bible.

And Nature is not a mass murder. Nature is Nature. What your stating is not mass murder its the circle of life.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Dying is better than you think.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How many people did humans kill?

I lost my faith in humankind.

Anyways, I think, the last testament is history. And he did it for reasons, from what I understand, by first giving them changes, to change (follow the good path). If there is no end in sight that they change, god's reasoning is simply, punishment.

But better learn what god is about. There are basicly only 10 rules, or better perhaps just 1; love others like you love yourself / treat others like you want to be treated.

Even when there is no god, there are enough (wise) lessons to be learned. Believing in something good, so you can be good yourself.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm

Don't for a second imply that God was responsible for those people's deaths. They were entirely because of human actions.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
amen ! you kill a single man you are a criminal, you kill 10000m men you are a hero , you kill all humans you are a GOD( YHWH) !!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Kinda hard wrapping your head around this, Huh??? I am amazed by the people who troll like the op on this one.

I guess it's hard to believe that there is a reason for all of this universe and people who don't want to believe that a higher power controls everything.

since you don't believe in "God" and I guess "Evil" as in Satan, who do you really think was behind Hitler killing all the 8 million people in WWll or behind Stalin and Lenin killing 20 million Russians?? Or all the deaths in all of the wars we've had since the beginning. Just people??? Naw......It's a big long term plan that you just don't understand so you just can't accept what you can't see....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Nature is God. God is nature. They are the same. Disease is no different than striking someone down with a lightning bolt or collapsing the walls of a city.

Besides you are only quoting one book, that is not the totality of God. And, God granted the life in the first place. And God decided the time of the life's end. It makes no sense to call God a murderer.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Some Jehovas were on my doorstep oneday and I asked a question similar to your post, I asked them to explain why THEIR god murdered children and allowed millions to suffer every day. They looked at me like I was Satan

My friend works in a book shop and people often ask him where the bibles are, his reply is always the same
"Over there with all the other fiction"
One day while his boss was out of the shop my friend spent an hour tearing up all the childrens bibles and flushed them all down the loo. He said that did them more good than any god has ever done.

Personaly I think the idea of god just goes to show how gullible we humans are and explains why so many people can be decieved by TPTB.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

If you don't like something you create ? You have every right over that creation to take it out. This a basic commonality of any creator creation relation. Don't like it ? I'm sure you will be able to state your grievence someday. Directly. You would sit in judgement of God ? Really ?

edit on 7-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Here is a YouTube video that someone made which i find hilarious. HowManyPeopleHasGodKilled

The video does a count down of all the deaths specifically mentioned in the bible traced to god.
It's in an arcade style countdown; kinda hard to describe just watch the video.

The video doesn't count the deaths that were not mentioned in numbers (such as)
-The great flood (est. 20mill)
-Death of all first born in Egypt (500k)

In my opinion religion is a complete joke. It's ridiculous that millions of people can believe in such crap. I was shocked to see that there is a large group of people on ATS who are religious.

Those who believe in Religion mostly do so on faith. Faith is believing in something with absolutely no evidence. My head just can't grasp that so many people actually believe in Christianity.

I did a search before i posted and the only thing i found similar was this ATS
It basically states what this video does. But it has a important video of the Atheist Experience on the bottom that you guys should check out.

He also makes a point on the deaths caused by Satan (10 compared to millions) . Here is a quote from his post.

It appears that Satan only killed 10 people: the seven sons and three daughters of Job. And he only does this because god allowed it as part of a bet!. Technically the blood is on god's hands for these as well.
Thanks to traditionaldrummer for the quote.

edit on 7-3-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

Just because you have not gotten evidence that there is something more does not mean there is not. For one who lives with synchronicity all day it is kinda hard to ignore it. All religon and science is just trying to explain how reality really is and maybe it is to big for a small mind like the human mind is to understand. What is devine and loving in this reality is teaching us and helping us evolve. The opposite of the devine is ego (parasitic service to self on expense of some/everyone else). Satan that can be thought of the collective manifistation of all ego and is responsible for more deaths in history than I can count and is daily killing more people by humans actions. Divide and conqurer. Play out 2 sides against each other. Muslim vs Christians. Ateist vs Religon. Science vs Religon. The "Crazy" Enlightened people (That can feel the connection) vs The unenlightened people(that can not feel the connection physicly). Duality is a very interesting lesson and a lot of fun to play around with. If the bible is not your coup of tea you might read buddism instead. It chooses to see god instead of the whole that a soul can connect to and is more about choices and logical. It is less emotional and not overwhelmed by the human ego as the bible is. There is only one line in the bible that really is needed to find out the thruth. Seek and you shall find. You are given a brain for a reason and it is not to blindly belive without proof. Whatever you do try to enjoy the ride if you want to. Don't worry be happy. Namaste

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

I'd assume that, being God and all, every death in the history of the world has happened because God gave the proverbial "green light". It's one of the perks of being sovereign.

What am I missing?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Stupid thread, OP's just wanting attention.

The God concept has changed much throughout history. Who's to say what is wrong or right. God is personal and can only be related to this way.

If you choose not to believe in God so be it.

Although i cant see bacteria with my own eyes, yet everyone says it exist. Who should i believe those who tell me its there, or should i go about it the way your approaching God? Cant see it so it dosnt exist.

So are people who believe in bacteria blind because they are going on faith of someone else's findings. Or does bacteria really exist.

everything is based on faith, you just dont allow yourself to see it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Strange that you mentioned the first born of Egypt being killed, but didn't mention that that whole story began with Pharaoh killing all the first born males of the Hebrews.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Don't for a second imply that God was responsible for those people's deaths. They were entirely because of human actions.

I agree with this, because I do not believe in God.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've had it up to the back teeth with the bible....the whole of it. The New Testament is little more than a biography with almost zero spiritual teaching about a guy who lived in a far off land in a far off time who shares nothing with my culture, my geography, my climate and my time. (In fact Jesus refers to non-jews as 'dogs' deserving only the crumbs from the table - he can keep his crumbs - I'll bake my own bread.)

And the Old Testament? Well that is one evil book. No God loving there...what we do have is cheating, lying, stealing, insest and murder - all condoned if it was being undertaken by God's 'chosen people'.

I'm a Celt - our origin myths have vanished in the mists of time (with a little assistance from a vengeful Roman emperor) but I'll put money down that in our own Celtic origin myths we were God's chosen people too.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

since you don't believe in "God" and I guess "Evil" as in Satan, who do you really think was behind Hitler killing all the 8 million people in WWll or behind Stalin and Lenin killing 20 million Russians?? Or all the deaths in all of the wars we've had since the beginning. Just people???

Oh yes - it certainly was 'just people'....and the age old tactic of 'if you don't kill them I'll kill you'.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
God works in mysterious ways.

The most important person God killed? His only son...Jesus.

Next to his creation of everything, this is his greatest gift to humanity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join