It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kony 2012; a scapegoat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The social network has been buzzing about this Kony video as of recently. I have yet to watch it but have listened to individuals interpret it and tell me what its all about. Something about it, if not everything about it, seems like its a scapegoat to something thats going to happen very soon. Just my take on it, when I have time later tonight I will watch the video in its entirety. But I was just wondering what fellow ATS members thought about this? It poses questions to me like, why has this been on going? Why hasn't anyone stopped this man? Why is it worldwide now? No one cared when it was 30 children, etc.

Here's a link to the video as posted on Facebook:

vimeo.com...

*EDIT*
The reason why I have not taken the time to view it yet is the illusion of knowledge people are getting from this video, they're acting like they know everything that is going on in the world and have the nerve to tell me im ignorant for not caring to watch it.

edit on 7-3-2012 by LAZers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
At work at the mo, can't watch video, can anyone give me a quick run down of the video? It has also been posted on my facebook?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
From what I hear its about this African man running around kidnapping children, militarizing them, forcing them to kill and transforming them into sex slaves.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LAZers

Wow! Okaaaaaay??? I will have a look when I can.......cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Might I mention it's supposedly "30,000" children. Unnoticed to the public until now.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah, looking forward to seeing where 30mins of this # will take my perspective.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My guess is that the obama admin already has this guy in their custody and they're starting all this hype about him so that when they finally "catch" the guy, Obama will look like a hero. Once obama catches the bad guy everybody will love him again and keep this con artist in office.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lol Osama's "death" wasn't enough to sway the people? I honestly don't know I dropped all interest in politics around six months ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This video is a lot more then just a video. It shows what goes on in the world, how kids are kidnapped, forced to kill their own parents, forced to kill others.

This video is making a stand by exposing who Kony is and allowing those who are known such as celebrity to expose what Kony has done. But this can only be done by help of government army and the way to achieve this is to create a global community to fight against such a crime and really let the children live their childhood as they should.

There is much more deeper meaning to this but only those who watch it would understand the full extent and story.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by coldhand

The government stepped in a plethora of times on multiple occasions without public outcry? Why do they require it now?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
/bleeding heart hippy comment

I think this is a little late in the care department. If any of these people had cared, or thought for themselves, we would have heard about this a long time ago. Even the priorities are strange to me, where were all these people when we were boming the crap out of Baghdad, Tripoli or Beirut? (US/UK/Israeli Alliance), it's in my opinion most of the social networking is to impress people in their social circles etc.. the message itself isn't as important to some of these people as it is looking like you care.

that said, i'm glad we're turning attention to Africa.

And seriously, WTF. they could have dropped a nice platter of bombs on this guy by now, they've killed an American abroad (al-Awlaki) before they even tried killing this guy? LOL.

edit on 7-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
/bleeding heart hippy comment

I think this is a little late in the care department. If any of these people had cared, or thought for themselves, we would have heard about this a long time ago. Even the priorities are strange to me, where were all these people when we were boming the crap out of Baghdad, Tripoli or Beirut? (US/UK/Israeli Alliance), it's in my opinion most of the social networking is to impress people in their social circles etc.. the message itself isn't as important to some of these people as it is looking like you care.

that said, i'm glad we're turning attention to Africa and maybe we'll get some diplomatic change instead of another rogue war.

And seriously, WTF. they could have dropped a nice platter of bombs on this guy by now, they've killed an American abroad before they even tried killing this guy? LOL.

Your opening statement read my mind lmao, dead on.

top topics

join