It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Greece could default within hours"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was reading a thread by the title of this thread and then I went to star a post and I got the infamous 404 error.

WHY WAS THIS TAKEN DOWN? WTF

It seemed pretty relevant and i'm kinda pissed that it got taken down.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Maybe Greece didn't default within hours?

edit on 7/3/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I am in the same boat.. but if you need a link to the article that was in the thread I saved it...... and if you want to discuss it we can in this thread??

Greece Could Default Within Hours

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Lets say Greece does default, what kind of major problems are we looking? A domino effect throughout EU?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This may be a good place to keep an eye on things for now, looking for more info atm.

Debt Crisis: Live

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
very odd it got 404ed but thanks for reposting and great we could get the link back. i've saved it now as well to spread the word in my own circles

good thing all those bankers have resigned now eh...

i've heard the US federal reserve has trillions invested into banks across Europe...
and i imagine the banks in Europe are very integrated as well

should be a lot of trouble starting once greece does default

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
An interesting opinion here .

If Greece gets its bailout and stays in the eurozone, it will be part of the Fiscal Union. By then, nobody will be able to get out. The BundesCourt has ruled against ESM, but a central tenet of FiskalPakt is that it must boost the ESM ‘firewall’….against contagion from Greece – one of its members. The Berlin Government will be in breach of its constitution if it so much as signs the ESM in the summer. So a Fiscal Union ‘infected’ by Greek problems will be far more open to further disasters…and lacking money to address them. The Karlsruhe Court can be ignored for a time….but the Greek reality cannot. Greece must be allowed to default and leave the eurozone….otherwise the Fiscal Union will be at risk. And if that Union fails, so will Germany’s finances. There will be nothing left in Europe but the rubble of Babel’s Tower of Hubris.

And I've learnt a lot more about the Fiscal Pact in this short blog than I have from any Irish media source so far.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

From the link in your first post in this thread I found this to be a little disturbing:

19.25 German finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble has admitted that he discussed openly with Greece's finance minister Evangelos Venizelos whether it would be better for the country to leave the euro.

Couple that with the exerpt from your 2nd post about Germany being in breach of contract if they sign on to the deal, it has me a bit worried....and I do not worry easily.

This whole thing just seems bad to the core....maybe because I do not understand it fully. But nice links, thanks for posting them!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First, if there is a question with a mod action, or a removed thread
Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

Second, there is a thread about the Greek issue here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join