It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Iran may be cleaning up nuke work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Yeah cause Iran clearly isnt aware that every square inch of there nation is under constant 24 hours satellite surveillance.

Sarcasm should be accompanied by at least a little wit to make it entertaining

without actual evidence from the ground all that satellite photos can ever provide is suspicion.

Iran doesn't care about suspicions - as long as it has the ol' "plausible deniability" on its side it's happy to keep playing this game, knowing that the US and other Western public has no appetite for military action for anything less than rock solid proof - and maybe not even then.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There are like a billion things earthmovers can be used for..... But sure, let's assume it is for the reason we want yep. WAR WAR WAR! KILL EM ALL! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

First, anyone with any experience in mass excavation could easily identify the type of work being performed by looking at few days worth of satellite pictures.

Since the intelligence agencies have been identifying truck tire marks in dirt from mobile ICBM launchers since the sixties, then I don't believe for a moment that someone doesn't know exactly what is going on at this site. They just aren't telling you folks... lol... nothing new there huh?

So it must not be quarries, sand and gravel pits, parking lots, building pads or landscape areas because these would all be easily identified by satellite pictures.

As for exporting soils offsite, you can't hide huge haul trucks from drones monitoring every load to a potential dump site, and as a matter of fact, if the haul trucks are newer models and American made, then each truck likely has on board GPS which if it hasn't been disabled, could easily be monitored also.

So then you must ask yourself 'WHY' the Iranians would strip soils from above a hidden underground site which would in effect make a bunker busters job easier, UNLESS you needed to hide the soils. Along with the other information being withheld, whether news soils are being imported to replace those removed isn't mentioned.

"IF" the Iranians are cutting, loading and exporting native soils and then importing and replacing the exported soils with new materials, then I highly doubt they are planting tomatoes.

Also, whether the soils are hauled to a temporary stockpile or spread on another site, these soils can still be easily tested. Even if taken to another site which has already been striped to quite a depth and then layed out and overlayed by clean native soils a truck mounted drill rig could bore or drive slip spoons for samples.

I really can't believe the Iranians would attempt to 'hide' dirt. .

Also, I can't believe in the US arsenal of UAVs that there isn't a smaller copter type of vehicle with the ability to land on the exported soils and take readings, or better yet, just like moon landers, scoop up some samples to test.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
and so what if they even are clearing up? what is wrong with Iran owning a nuke if Israel can have MANY and no one in the west bats an eye lid? I can only assume that a country's government is a powerful or as stupid as the people who elected or let them remain in power, therefore i can only facepalm when i see Americans say things like "yeah lets get them"

You are $13 TRILLION in debt, and only because in this weird world we live in, the so called Richest country is also the Most indebted country, since the creditors have given them a blank cheque, YET with all the trillions wasted in war after war, the US populace STILL dont get it? you post here to discuss information you will usually never find in mainstream media, yet you still throw around useless Mainstream media propaganda about Iran and their nuclear facilities.

Iran has every right to refuse inspectors because they asked to inspect places that were not under the initial agreement. They let them in afterwards NOT because they had stuff to hide but because the IEAE needed to redraft the agreement that was in the initial charter.

LIke Rome the US empire will self implode from within from fighting useless wars, supported by an equally foolish gung ho populace. This whole saga is absolutely Sickening to see people calling for War with Yet another country without remorse. How we will laugh when this all backfires in your faces since being in £13trillion debt is not enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
atleast with Iraq we got photos...

all we get this time is a vague rumour doing the rounds at the IAEA.

... the unfortunate part is its probably true anyway!

so in a way this is different from Iraq... I mean we stormed into Iraq.. 100's of thousands of us.. the powers that be never actually expected a wmd confrontation, because deep down they always knew Iraq had nothing..
this time however, we are facing a real enemy with a real sting.. deep down the powers that be arent 'sure' if he's got one or not... .. imagine if he does..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
People do not seem to realise just how advanced military satellite imaging is. We can zoom in close enough to identify a person like a security camera.
edit on 7-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Pity they couldn't zoom in to Osama!

Oh and Kony is a good target!

Actually I could give you a whole list.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If you dont mind me asking do you trust wikileaks?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
OMFG CAN SOMEONE JUST BOMB SOMEONE ALREADY?

I apologize for screaming. I'm just so tired of this crap. It's just exhausting. It's why I won't even read the news anymore. You'll hear the scary music while reporters tell you about the big bad Iran if you turn on CNN or Fox. Please, just don't talk about the smoking gun Shroom cloud again. That's just played out.

Maybe my kooky friend was right when she said the position of mars was a war omen.

I don't care if the entirety of Iran glows in the dark. Perhaps these idiot politicians should fight their own wars and leave us alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
How do you clean radioactive traces???

VIENNA (AP) -- Satellite images of an Iranian military facility show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating that crews were trying to clean it of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

There no way to clean up radioactive traces, at least none know to the public..

books.google.com... X1-qlg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=NcpXT--yGsLS2AWl4IDxDg&ved=0CGQQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

The guide to cleaning up radioactive material -
Sampling soil...
Analysis of Gamma...
Flux Density Measuement...
Visual survey...

get the picture - you don't clean it up - you survey, monitor, take samples, post signs to stay away - there is no know technology to clean up radioactive material, but hey lets just keep pumping out reactors and nuclear weapons.

More US propaganda....
edit on 7-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

You don't clean it up as in "make it not radioactive anymore" - time takes care of that. You bury it so that it's not dangerous as it decays.

Bury it.

Like with Earth moving equipment.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Maybe the Iranians are getting even smarter and adding another level of protection, first you remove the soil and then lay down the reinforcement and concrete and then cover with soil.
So now a bunker buster would need to get through even more protection to cause major damage.

But of course it must be radioactive soil because they are Iranian and they lie

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Depends on the type of radioactive material...Gamma you can

Protection from gamma radiation can be achieved with as little as 4 feet of dirt cover or 3 feet of concrete cover. Every 4 inches of dirt (and 3 inches of concrete) gives a halving thickness, or protection factor (PF) of 2. Ten halving thickness is required to diminish (attenuate) medium to high levels of radiation to an acceptable level.

utahsheltersystems.com...

But most Nukes contain Ionizing radiation

The release of ionizing radiation, however, is a phenomenon unique to nuclear explosions and is an additional casualty producing mechanism superimposed on blast and thermal effects.

www.fas.org...

Gamma radiation IS ionizing radiation. So are Alpha and Beta, but they are far less dangerous - won't penetrate human skin, and so are only dangerous if ingested. Alpha won't even penetrate a sheet of paper.

Gamma is the most dangerous, with the strongest signature, and it is the Gamma that people have to worry about, it is the Gamma that is moderated by burial.

ALL nuclear radiation is ionizing radiation.

Blast effects are not radiation at all, they are mechanical. Thermal effects are caused by a form of radiation, but not nuclear radiation. they are caused by infrared radiation - heat transmitted as light below the threshold of human vision, although they are accompanied by other wavelengths of light that will blind you - but not set anything on fire.

edit on 2012/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

No one ever claimed they have a nuke. The accusations have been the ability to make one, and that has been consistent.

Secondly they are not stating a nuclear test detonation occured, but a trigger test (needed to set off a nuclear explosion). Parchin is the site that was targeted as having a blast building present that was used to test detonation triggers (what the article is talking about).

The triggers are made of a different material, not uranium, and have a different signature, so trigger tests can be differentiated from whole weapon tests or uranium enrichment activities. If the signature of trigger material is confirmed, that is a smoking gun that there were efforts afoot to build weapons.

Uranium is used for the core material for the explosion, but the triggers are made of conventional explosives which drive this certain other material together as a nuclear initiator. That reaction drives the uranium to critical mass, and it all goes BOOM!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by milkyway12

False, Satellite imagining is limited to approximately to 10 cm by various optical limits such as the Rayleigh criterion:

www.fas.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

You're using linear measures for an angular problem. The limits are angular, not linear, and the linear measure subtended by any given angle will vary with distance - i.e. satellite altitude.

Or aircraft altitude.

Or drone altitude.

Wasn't a drone recently downed over Iran?

Hmmmmm.....

Also - the effective aperture can be manipulated to give finer angular resolution, and remain within the Rayleigh limit for any single given element, by adding more elements on a wider baseline, giving an effective aperture equal to the baseline between lenses, rather than the aperture of any single lens in the array. It increased "D" (aperture diameter) in the equation for the Rayleigh Limit. It's part of "interferometry".

Do you seriously think the resolution limits of classified systems will be broadcast on the internet?

edit on 2012/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sir i have seen pictures of dead Terrorist (Snapped by a satellite) that were trying to identify the facial features to a certain "wanted" radical Muslim. He just so happened to be the man that was blown up by a 2000 pound bomb according to the DNA takin from his leg.

The Military is a bit more advanced than what you "think" you know , perhaps you shouldnt make such statements you know nothing about , especially military grade hardware.
edit on 8-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's funny how America is looking for the smallest of mistakes in Iran just to build up more propaganda against it, It's probably wasting more dollars on surveillance in Iran that it's doing for their own country. Uncle Sam has infinite amount of money, that never ceases to end and has unlimited power that never ceases to weaken. God help Uncle Sam to get right on track, doing what's right and not wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

Its funny how you missed out on the last 30 years of Iran. Actually it isnt , perhaps you should do some research and then form your opinion. The goverment in Iran cant get much worse , literally , it cant.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So mainstream media is getting into conspiracy theories now, maybe they should post thier articles here, lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

knowing that the US and other Western public has no appetite for military action for anything less than rock solid proof - and maybe not even then.
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah just like Iraq and Saddams Dirty Yellow Cake of Weapons of Mass Destructions. You know I heard Saddam was a threat to the U.S, he was going to strike any time, he had links to 9/11 and everything!!!.

I could be wrong, thats just what I heard.

From the US and other Western governments that had no appetite for military action unless they had rock solid proof, even then, with all that rock solid proof I dont think the US and "the West" actually wanted to go to war?, I mean it was America, when do they ever go to war without proof right???

Yip, has to be real rock solid proof for those guys, your right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join