It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Iran may be cleaning up nuke work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
I'm tired of playing with Iran I say it's a Green Light.

Lets get these guys!!!!

They are hiding something or they want us to think they are hiding something. Either way it's time to find out what is behind the secret door.

I can think of 22 reasons why you CANNOT BE SERIOUS......

Really though... Don't quit your day job...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't understand.....

How is it that they know that earth movers imply nuclear activity?

I know it's a stupid question. The unnamed diplomats cited as a source might have had other intelligence, but the only thing they are using as an indicator is "earth-movers'? And from there they speculate on neutron-initiators and radioactivity?

That can't be right.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

By removing or covering over the soil that was irradiated. A mere 3.5ft would reduce the signature to near or at background [naturally occurring] levels.

[tin on]
such the timely 'revelation' we have here, though

but, then again, the denial and delaying of inspections would have allowed for sufficient time to do so
[/tin off]

Things sure are ramping up rather quickly it seems.

Depends on the type of radioactive material...Gamma you can

Protection from gamma radiation can be achieved with as little as 4 feet of dirt cover or 3 feet of concrete cover. Every 4 inches of dirt (and 3 inches of concrete) gives a halving thickness, or protection factor (PF) of 2. Ten halving thickness is required to diminish (attenuate) medium to high levels of radiation to an acceptable level.

utahsheltersystems.com...

But most Nukes contain Ionizing radiation

The release of ionizing radiation, however, is a phenomenon unique to nuclear explosions and is an additional casualty producing mechanism superimposed on blast and thermal effects.

www.fas.org...

Nevertheless, I just see this article as propaganda - one day they have no nuke - the next day they are cleaning up after a nuke test. Which one do you believe, I guess is what it comes down to.
edit on 7-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't understand.....

How is it that they know that earth movers imply nuclear activity?

I know it's a stupid question. The unnamed diplomats cited as a source might have had other intelligence, but the only thing they are using as an indicator is "earth-movers'? And from there they speculate on neutron-initiators and radioactivity?

That can't be right.

Cos anonymous sources said so, obviously. So we should probably bomb them first. I mean they have JCBs and everything, and everyone knows the only use for JCBs is moving nukular waste.

(Please note I am not serious, in case you're wondering)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Xcathdra

Looks like iran is cleaning up traces of nuclear waste. Why would they do this

The argument being made with regards to their denial of inspectors to sites, including this site, twice now, is they were buying time. Granted its speculation but it does beg the question on what exactly is being done at the site, what was in the area prior to the earth movers moving in, and why now? Was it something scheduled already or did it just recently pop up?

Normally I would say this shouldnt even make the news, but with it being at a site inspectors have been granted access to it does raise some questions.

Any Iranian response to the accusations?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Mar 7, 4:13 PM EST

AP Exclusive: Iran may be cleaning up nuke work

By GEORGE JAHN
Associated Press

I think they are probably drafting the answer as we speak...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No one ever claimed they have a nuke. The accusations have been the ability to make one, and that has been consistent.

Secondly they are not stating a nuclear test detonation occured, but a trigger test (needed to set off a nuclear explosion). Parchin is the site that was targeted as having a blast building present that was used to test detonation triggers (what the article is talking about).

reply to post by khimbar

Lets ask Iran and see what they say first.

ETA - Source

Iran razed the Lavizan Shian complex in northern Iran five years ago before allowing IAEA inspectors to visit the suspected repository of military procured equipment that could be used in a nuclear weapons program. Tehran said the site had been demolished to make way for a park, but inspectors subsequently found traces of uranium enriched to or near the level used in making the core of nuclear warheads.

and

The Iranians also embarked on an extensive redo at the Kalay-e Electric Co., just west of Tehran, before agency inspectors were given access nine years ago. Although the site was re-painted and otherwise sanitized, samples taken from Kalay-e also showed traces of enriched uranium, though at levels substantially below warhead grade.

The problem -

Asked for comment, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Iran's chief delegate to the IAEA, told the AP he would not discuss any nuclear issues until after he delivered his statement to the agency's 35-nation board meeting Thursday. IAEA officials also said they could not comment.

Attention most recently focused on Parchin several days ago, when senior IAEA officials first spoke of unexplained activities at the site without saying what they could be and said an inspection of buildings there was taking on added urgency.

The hickup in the visit -

IAEA expert teams trying to probe the suspicions of secret weapons work by Iran tried — and failed — twice in recent weeks to get Iranian permission to visit Parchin. Tehran then said on Monday that such a visit would be granted.

But it said that a comprehensive agreement outlining conditions of such an inspection must first be agreed on — move dismissed by a senior international official familiar with the issue as a delaying tactic. He, too, asked not to be named because the matter was sensitive.

They are allowing inspections of Pachin, but now there must be a comprehensive agreement.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh crap, I got a plow and a shovel, I used them today! I hope they didn't catch me on the spy sat over canada, wouldn't want the US to go rabid and bomb canada thinking I might have a nuke!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I can think of 22 reasons why you CANNOT BE SERIOUS......
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Oh, I am sooooo serious.

Iran needs to be stopped.

So what are your reasons?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I FOUND ONE PEOPLE!!!!

AN ISLAMOTERRORNAZICOMMUFASCIST RIGHT HERE IN OUR MIDST!

HE EVEN ADMITTING TO DISTURBING SOIL WITH TOOLS APPROPRIATE TO THE JOB!!!!!!

Outrageous.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

AN ISLAMOTERRORNAZICOMMUFASCIST RIGHT HERE IN OUR MIDST!
reply to post by Ixtab

Put him on the list.
There is always room for more on the list.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Wahaha, my thoughts exactly.

If people go looking for "proof" of something that they want to be there, they are going to "find" "proof" of what they want to see. Maybe they keep moving nuclear fuel enrichment facilities because they think they are going to be bombed at any moment by Israel/US.

Oh and dude, your avatar is wicked sweet. Ron Swanson is the man.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup

Wahaha, my thoughts exactly.

If people go looking for "proof" of something that they want to be there, they are going to "find" "proof" of what they want to see. Maybe they keep moving nuclear fuel enrichment facilities because they think they are going to be bombed at any moment by Israel/US.

Oh and dude, your avatar is wicked sweet. Ron Swanson is the man.

The problem with that mindset in this case is what they are looking for doesn't just accidentally appear or can be mistaken for something else. What IAEA inspectors are looking for are specific and can only be found if it was present and intentional.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

False, Satellite imagining is limited to approximately to 10 cm by various optical limits such as the Rayleigh criterion:

www.fas.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

No one ever claimed they have a nuke. The accusations have been the ability to make one, and that has been consistent.

Secondly they are not stating a nuclear test detonation occured, but a trigger test (needed to set off a nuclear explosion). Parchin is the site that was targeted as having a blast building present that was used to test detonation triggers (what the article is talking about).

I didn't claim they had a nuke? Just responding to the thread of 'may be cleaning up nuke work' which is an interesting statement in which there is no technology to clean up certain radioactive particles a nuke would expel.

I know they are not stating a nuke went off, they stated "Satellite images show secret nuclear site with earthwork machines cleaning up radioactive traces" I was commenting about radioactive traces and the ability to clean them up

Anyways
btw - Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I remember the same thing was said before we raided Iraq. It's all nonsense.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ah.. my bad....

okedoke then.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
I'm tired of playing with Iran I say it's a Green Light.

Lets get these guys!!!!

They are hiding something or they want us to think they are hiding something. Either way it's time to find out what is behind the secret door.

Oh lookey here, I remember you because you once again are ready to go to war. Lemme ask you something, are you or have you even been in the military? Have you ever killed a person or persons? My guess is no.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
science.howstuffworks.com...

Yeah earth movers so where are they moving all that dirt?

Sorry iran must have a new gold mine.

People it would be nice if you knew what you were talking about there are a myriad of ways to decontaminate nuclear waste.

And the op is 1 of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join