It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE site blocking World, Asia, Indonesia and Pacific Ocean maps.....did something happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sometimes that site acts up. And just in case you dont believe that, I actually wrote a thread a while back and this is what was on the site.

Emergency services are dealing with the aftermath of an attack by Great White sharks on the world famous Bondi Beach, in Sydney, Australia yesterday. The incident left 13 people needing hospital treatment, with 26 others described by paramedics as "walking wounded"Police are said to be investigating why measures put in place to protect swimmers failed this time. It is alleged that as many as 8 sharks gathered in the shallows, about 100 yards from the shore, before moving out of the water onto the sand, where they set about beach patrons, roughing them up and rifling through pockets and bags.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought I was going crazy, but it was worth the laugh!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by Britx

What the heck is up with all the wild fires & plan accidents? Granite I only Check RSOE every few hours, but I have never seen that many fires.. even in prime wild fire season.

Yes, the wildfire thing is very odd to me. I check my weather.com every morning. This morning had a severe weather alert for wild fires and very high fire danger today.

Really?

Never seen that for the area I live in (northeast PA). Struck me as strange. And there have been a bunch of helicopters flying around today, unusual, but probably nothing serious....just my heightened sense of impending doom :-)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Strange too...it's been a while and still down. I would think they would have a bulletin of some sort on their homepage stating why but alas....nothing. Will be interested to find out if any news comes through tonight on something happening in the region.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Global Map on the front page is not loading for me and when I open the maps listed on the thread title they don't show either.

Hmm about those wildfires, what I see in the Mid-West is almost a line starting in Louisiana going up in a North Eastern direction up to Tennessee. Aren't they near the New Madrid Fault line? Or could they be Tornado related? I also noticed RSOE don't have those specific fires listed below the map so it appears there is not any details on those fires accept by clicking the icons on the map for them or maybe they don't know what caused them or do and don't wanna say. Can Geo thermal activity cause wildfires?
So many questions off to do some searching.

That part of the nation has been a concern of mine, any possible signs to another 1811 type quake needs the utmost scrutiny considering the damage and potential loss of life in that area one now could cause.
edit on 7-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosheh24
Hmm about those wildfires, what I see in the Mid-West is almost a line starting in Louisiana going up in a North Eastern direction up to Tennessee. Aren't they near the New Madrid Fault line? Or could they be Tornado related? I also noticed RSOE don't have those specific fires listed below the map so it appears there is not any details on those fires accept by clicking the icons on the map for them or maybe they don't know what caused them or do and don't wanna say. Can Geo thermal activity cause wildfires?

Interestingly, that area is in a "below normal" zone for March 2012. Check out This Report by the National Interagency Fire Center Predictive Services

It also has some really good graphics and info about weather for spring

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Right, the global map doesn't open for me either. When you click on "Continents" Indonesia, it doesn't load either. But, if you click on Austrlia, it comes up and then you can scroll up and see Indonesia and China.

I can see an typhoon in the Indian Ocean, volcanic eruption in Java Sea, 4.9 earthquake in Vanuatu and an epidemic in the Philippines, but, no data on China at all.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: add copy

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What are some other international disaster monitoring sites? What are they showing?

spec

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504

reply to post by Britx

What the heck is up with all the wild fires & plan accidents? Granite I only Check RSOE every few hours, but I have never seen that many fires.. even in prime wild fire season.

Yes, the wildfire thing is very odd to me. I check my weather.com every morning. This morning had a severe weather alert for wild fires and very high fire danger today.

Really?

Never seen that for the area I live in (northeast PA). Struck me as strange. And there have been a bunch of helicopters flying around today, unusual, but probably nothing serious....just my heightened sense of impending doom :-)

Lack of snow this winter is responsible.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Weird. Down for me too. The other maps work just fine. What's the suspicion? Earthquakes? Couldn't you get the same info from Google Earth with an earthquake plug in?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

State health officials say today that lab tests confirm that two of the members of a Calvert County family who died early this week of severe respiratory illness had Influenza H3, a strain of the flu that has been going around this season. The cases were complicated by bacterial co-infections, according to the state Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Additional lab testing and investigation continue, but the health officials say they’ve found no other clusters of severe respiratory illness in the state.

Source BaltimoreSun

Samples have been sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta for further testing. These cases of serious lung infection were isolated to a single family and there are currently no other affected individuals. Local healthcare providers are not reporting any significant increase in patients with flu-like symptoms.

County Health Dept.

. County information lines are also open for more information.
Call 410-535-0314 or 410-535-0396.

source
edit on 3/7/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/7/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thanks iforget, but I am more curious about sites specifically like RSOE, that display all kinds of events.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

I was just going to say the same thing. I am in PA... This is the closet something like this has been!

The Flu Epid.
edit on 7/3/2012 by Britx because: (no reason given)

5 days later they died? That is not normal.

Oh and if you want a map that covers it all :

outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Jerisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I agree a little off topic for this thread but yet it was an item of curiosity that was talked of here so I posted the follow up information mainly for those who might be interested

top topics

<< 1   >>

join