It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking group Anonymous claims to bring down Vatican website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hacking group Anonymous claims to bring down Vatican website

www.usatoday.com

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, confirmed the attack but declined to comment on its possible source. He said he didn't know how long it would take the Vatican's technicians to bring the site back up
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/7/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link and title

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
These guys are really going to town on their endeavors.Apparently the reason is for the handling of abortion and sexual abuse issues.
It kind of makes me wonder what type of info will be leaked and how the Vatican will attempt their damage control.....by the way,first time trying a thread like this so I hope it works.If not your welcome to tear me apart.

SO

www.google.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Your Link does not work.

It takes me to google and gives a hacked Vatican search bar.

I am surprised Anon is still doing insignificant acts like taking down a website.

I am pretty sure i could figure out how to do it too in about an hours worth of research.

They really need to find a better hobby...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

woops,messed something up with my link and don't know how to fix....so delete mods...I tried.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

OP Fixed link.
Now...what can we expect from this? I would guess not much apart from a little unwanted (by the vatican) attention. I for one am all for it.

edit on 7/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Link was fixed

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

That's the one I meant,thanks..........Maybe I'll do a search on some tips to better my threads.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No one cares that Anon or any hacker can ddos attack a website for a few hours. We do, however, care if they stole information that they plan to leak to Wikipedia cause we all know the Vatican is full of information that is kept from the world. Scum bags

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I myself wonder what kind of scandals they have uncovered and yes,your right,a lot of unwanted attention would would be great on their part.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well I hope its not script kiddies in case they fall into a priestly honey pot

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I can understand where your coming from but some of that information they keep from the world could solve a lot of problems in the world......Although,I bet most of the so called secrets being withheld are not even on a data base.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Personally I doubt they have too much damning evidence available on their website or have internal networks linked to vaulted documents. They seem quite protective of the information they have collected/stolen over the centuries. Every once in a while they release some new but small amount of documents (the latest was 100 docs with some things about Galileo I believe) to the public but it is imho never anything particularly ground breaking. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Personally I'm still waiting for Anon to do the Goldman Sachs thing which they claimed would be "in a few hours". Days pass and still nothing. Maybe it's all just a flash in the pan but I am still quietly hopeful.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Mail server would be good, the obvious plus banking scandal stuff. Could be huge if its a proper hack and gets to wikileaks! fingers crossed.

Good response from antisec/anon. Panda dead/Vatican under attack lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh no the Vatican Website is down for a couple of hours. Anonymous are pretty mch the internets version of taggers.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I thought they already did this?

Newslink: Anonymous attacks pedophiles
edit on 7-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
We do, however, care if they stole information that they plan to leak to Wikipedia cause we all know the Vatican is full of information that is kept from the world. Scum bags

Yeah but that stuff is in the old books and manuscripts in the basement, not online.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
bummer...

the websites down for a few hours..

do something worthwhile or i call fake on anon!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Swills
We do, however, care if they stole information that they plan to leak to Wikipedia cause we all know the Vatican is full of information that is kept from the world. Scum bags

Yeah but that stuff is in the old books and manuscripts in the basement, not online.

Yeah most likely, but you never know, they could have scanned or written the data to store digitally. Makes sense since nothing lasts forever, especially old books, papers, whatnot. It would take a massive collection of people to make this happen but then again who doesn't have all the money and resources in the world than the Vatican.

But, any info that is really guarded most likely won't make its way into the digital world. Bottom line, Anon or whoever, steal some good info pls while you shut down websites for a few hours.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I hope the TPTB grab these guys up sooner or later

stop trolling anon its unbecoming

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh no, the vatican website has been taken offline...everybody be prepared for the mass exodus from Catholocism. Anonymous should step it up if they're anywhere near as serious as they want us to believe they are.

All this taking down websites for a few hours here and there gives me vivid imagery of little kids throwing even littler stones against the brick wall of a police station in hope of knocking the whole station down.

Sick of hearing about it....and yeah, all the holiest most secret records are surely kept on a database hosted in the Vatican..I wonder if they've virtualised and consolidated their servers

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The Empire never ended!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join