It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of Western US and most of East Coast, Midwest, Canada covered with airborne particles at various

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok, gang, I have been out testing stuff.
First let me say, This is not science. I'm not a lab. I don't have 20 grand in equipment. I'm one guy with a geiger, testing one supermarket, one day. I test our food before it goes in the buggy, and my geiger can really only tell me if the food is reading above background. That's all. For me that's enough. Also it's a good way to freak out the local sheeple. [Makes them actually think!]
I have done 5 scans of our supermaket here in Ontario, and these are only my opinions, ok? I've probably checked 400 items in those 5 visits and I've seen 2 bumps. Last November, US red potatoes. [12 point bump] [They don't label by state] and this shopping trip it was California pistachios [4 point bump]
Here's some pics from April 14th 012. Remember, a normal fluctuation in numbers is to be expected.
Us Granny Smith apples. OK...Normal...and delicious.

Water melons from Guatemala....Ok...Normal background in micro-sieverts.

US white potatoes...Ok...Normal. I also tested our great Prince Edward Island spuds. Ok...Normal

And I even tested the Apples with the nitrate tester on my geiger. You dial in "apple" on the nitrate menu and poke through the skin with the metal probe. Then it tests your fruit or veggie. [Probe seen below my thumb]...Normal background.

Other things I checked. Rice from India and Thailand...OK... BC steel head trout...Ok, and a host of other fruits and veggies from Chile, Mexico, Canada, and the States....OK. All except the pistachios, this trip. I didn't see any Japanese food products, but this is rural Ontario.

So, what do I think? First off I think everybody should get a geiger. Ebay has lots. We wouldn't touch US produce before we got it, because of the universal labelling. My wife would be over calling out "Is Venezuela OK?" I'd say Yep! We will probably all need geigers eventually, and you feel a lot safer, shopping.
If your flat broke, and can't afford a geiger, and god knows, we've all been there, in my humble opinion our food supply is safe. I've heard little rumbles on the web about some seafood products being pulled, so I think the top folks are checking. They are just not telling people their checking.
I am catching radiation in our rain, don't get me wrong here, but so far I have been plesantly surprised with the food.
And finally, this convinced me that our local milk is still Ok. I not only tested the milk in a shallow tray, I jumped the fence and tested the cow poop.Ok...Normal background. I know...sounds gross but it is a good indicator.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
More hot rain in Ontario.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

What part of Ontario do you live in? I'm from Bowmanville near Oshawa; do you have any tips for me or any food to stay away from?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Also next time you are at the super market check the new strawberries that are coming in from California. I know that strawberries are a good source of iodine, hopefully not radioactive iodine.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

Hey e, I'm west of Ottawa and yesterday [April 26th] my rain [4 tests] read normal background [0.12 - 0.16 micro-sieverts per hour]. See, it's not always hot. This radiation is very hit and miss. A strawberry reading would tell you the reading on 1 box in 1 store. At some point you'll have to consider getting one of your own, but the ones I checked today did not go above background. I can't believe more people in your area aren't upset and following the fukushima disaster, and allowed them to ok 2 more reactors? Apathy....it's everywhere.

A link for ya.
www.sierraclub.ca...

In the meantime, we have St Louis.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

First of all thanks for responding to my question. I also can't believe that they are building more reactors. I thought they put them on hold? I know with all of the tritium leaks into lake Ontario that the background radiation level of the lake water has doubled since they built the plants.

Another thing i noticed about the nuclear industry and regulators here in Ontario, is it seems that the regulators are only here to defend the industry instead of defending the public. I know i shouldn't be surprised as any regulatory industry is instantly bought off by the very industry it is meant to regulate. Anyways when water leaked from the Pickering plant in 2009 many reports said 200,000 liters others said 300,000. Some reports said it was directly from the spent fuel pool into the lake! Others said the water had not come into contact with anything radioactive. OPG came out and said there is nothing to worry about the effects will be negligible. That may be true but all this stuff adds up and the reports we are getting aren't even agreeing with each other. Something smells funny here.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey e, yes OPG is lying through their teeth and the reactors on the US side of lake Ontario leak as well. That way when the public finds out they can cloud the issues by firing blame back and forth. Toronto tap water is not tested for Tritium.

A great vid shedding some light on rads.

And some fresh readings from England. Again the conversion of CPM to micro-sievets conflicts with official conversion charts, and lands in the neighborhood of 100 CPM = 0.33 - 0.40 microsieverts. If some knows why this discrepency keeps showing up, I'd love to hear it?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
Speaking as an American that is what they get for living in California with the rest of Hollywood, watch in a few years they will all be asking for free handouts from the government to assist their health coverage because they chose to live there. Geez it makes me sick sometimes how these people are allowed to just rip off real hard working Americans.

Tell me this is sarcasm. Please.

"That is what they deserve for living in California"? Are you kidding me?

Disgusting, man. Just disgusting.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
IM not saying that radiation isnt flowing freely....and I agree..they should have used thorium in the reactors so this would have never happened. Blame the Military industrial complex for wanting plutonium in the first place....gotta have bombs ya know.

With that being said....I cannot rely too much on a computer model as the information and parameters set forth to run said model could be construed as bias. In that it only projects what you want it to based off of the information and factors you set for the program to run. I doubt it's accuracy is all I'm saying. Like everything else science related, most of it is still guess work in a white coat. It will be YEARS before we notice any real collateral damage from this.

While we can take readings and measurements......laziness would dictate that there are other factors not considered in this model that would contribute to the results we get.

So unless your steak fries are glowing, or you develop a tumor the size of a softball in 6 months time.....I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Did Japan irradiate the area? Sure it did

Did that contamination spread globally? You bet.......not in the concentration you would be lead to believe however. IMO

Will Godzilla attack Tokyo? I hope so...it's the only way Mothra can be stopped...and if he destroys the red light district...its a small price to pay.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just one tiny particle speck will kill you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

If that's the case........why am I still breathing? Tiny particle on a lunch break?

They are still testing in Chernobyl and have found something quite astounding. The wolf population is thriving inside the zone...granted they're irradiated, yet they have mutated to a point of resistance to said radiation.

When exposed to environmental factors long enough the cells of the body start to adapt.....it's when you get a huge dose all at once that it can kill you which is what fallout is.

Technically a hot particle can kill me, technically I can get hit by a bus crossing a busy street. Im telling you we have not begun to see the worst from Japan yet....we merely got a taste. If it goes tango uniform......and it may very well soon.........trust me....then I'll worry about hot particles and such.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
More screaming high numbers from South England [100 miles from Hinkley point] Now either we have a secret meltdown in Europe, that no one knows about, or the plume [Including the DU wood glue factory explosion, in Japan last week, just took a short cut over the North pole? Any help explaining this would be great. The tester is legit.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This is an outrage, and if countries can be sued in world court for damages its about time for a class action in the Hague....TEPCO and the Japanese govt are responsible for a lot of shortened lives on this planet.......

Really. Tokyo University pinned HAARP. The reactors were Rockefeller. Lauren Moret just after Fukushima gave some wonderful interveiws and talks and mentioned their third coolant method failed due to having the Stuxnet virus on their offline computer that only affects seimens systems, and it is a product of CIA/MOSSAD and was used in IRAN.

Just one month prior to Fukushima, Israel did a security check on that computer system and upgrade.

WHO YA GONNA SUE!!!! I'D START CLOSER TO HOME!

This is NOT an accident and is much what George Green goes about in his nuclear depopulation of the northern hemisphere, its for real. An unofficial all out nuclear war on the civilians of North Amercia, and even thinning the herd in the world.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OK , I don't trust our food. But we are sort of stuck, organic is still best.

However, it isn't about the geiger readings from food, its more about a breakdown on what chemicals/isotopes it absorbed.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey fellow Canucks (I'm near London Ontario)!! Just found this thread....very interesting and frightening...
I HAVE been wondering about our food, but wasn't really aware that there is something I can purchase (geiger counter) and need to check out the prices.
I really appreciate the information that the OP is posting....don't have much to add at the moment...just wanted to let you know I was here, lol....
I'll be back....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

You're still breathing because it takes years for that speck to turn into a brain tumor, the size of an orange....and the nuke gang knows this. It's their ace in the hole. Time.

Meanwhile....you know....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Meet North Carolina, gang. 5 times backgound.

And the latest steam out continues.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Durham N.C a couple of hours ago.

Strontium 90 spread over 1000km evenly in Pacific ocean.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Barium 140 detected in the States.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This explains why so many geigers including mine got high readings between April 29 and May 8th.
A follow up vid

April 30th. Look along the east coast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join