It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google now Google Play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Google has changed its privacy policies, now it is changing its entire format. Google will now be partly Google Play.

Starting today, Android Market, Google Music and the Google eBookstore will become part of Google Play," Jamie Rosenberg, director of digital content said in a blog post
actually yesterday, Tuesday.

So, I have gone to Google.com/history and clicked the things to prevent most of my invasion of privacy. (on my phone- don't use google at home)

Then yesterday when using my phone, I was expected to grant (and did, because it won't work otherwise) new permissions for the Google Play. When this popped up they referenced not one, not two but four different google privacy policies to be read.
Do 'they' really expect people to read the policies from four different places? It takes at least half an hour to just read one! And that is only understanding and comprehending a third of it.

Google Play

While I have installed Or and use it, and have installed malware and spyware on my phone, is there more I need to do to protect myself from being all "Googled Up" ?

edit on 7-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: hit enter instead of typing my post, oops!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
Google has changed its privacy policies, now it is changing its entire format. Google will now be partly Google Play.

Starting today, Android Market, Google Music and the Google eBookstore will become part of Google Play," Jamie Rosenberg, director of digital content said in a blog post
actually yesterday, Tuesday.

So, I have gone to Google.com/history and clicked the things to prevent most of my invasion of privacy. (on my phone- don't use google at home)

Then yesterday when using my phone, I was expected to grant (and did, because it won't work otherwise) new permissions for the Google Play. When this popped up they referenced not one, not two but four different google privacy policies to be read.
Do 'they' really expect people to read the policies from four different places? It takes at least half an hour to just read one! And that is only understanding and comprehending a third of it.

Google Play

While I have installed Or and use it, and have installed malware and spyware on my phone, is there more I need to do to protect myself from being all "Googled Up" ?

edit on 7-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: hit enter instead of typing my post, oops!

Why did you buy an Android phone knowing it's a Google phone OS if you are paranoid about Google data mining? Lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You mean buy it twice! lol
I knew about the change in privacy policy and learned how to avoid most of it.
But what I did not know was they were changing into the Google Play and that would reference four different privacy policies.

So I have asked here what if anything I can do to minimize exposure now.
I do have time to return this recent purchase if I decide to do that.... but I really do like this phone, just not the lack of privacy.
Are you here to help or troll?

edit on 7-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here is How to Fix Google Play Privacy Issues it's an excellent resource so you don't have to continue to worry about Google data mining your information.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Was that funny? A link to the Iphone 4S website.
Great, you were a pleasant experience, thank you.

top topics

join