It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer In the 1800's: 23 Rare photos....graphic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

I am not one to attest that I have had any form of cancer, but I know of many who have survived and many who have died from it. It's encouraging to see the progression of medicine in treating and helping a lot of cancer patients but it's not perfect. Too many have died not from the cancer itself, but more due to the poisonous therapy and radiation. I am a firm believer that natural alternatives are a better way for prevention and treatment.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Wow that was cool. Thanx for bringing it.

Too many have died not from the cancer itself, but more due to the poisonous therapy and radiation.

I didn't know that. Scary. It seems that todays medical industrial complex is as off track as these guys?:

And this one sorta reminds me of "House on Haunted Hill":

Shudder...
edit on 7-3-2012 by intrptr because: Film Title

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by solarstorm

Wow that was cool. Thanx for bringing it.

Too many have died not from the cancer itself, but more due to the poisonous therapy and radiation.

I didn't know that. Scary. It seems that todays medical industrial complex is as off track as these guys?:

Well My cancer is gone and I went through chemo ad radiation. There are people who went through the same treatments and are still cancer free after like 20 and 30 years.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If natural remedies are the answer, than why has the death rate from cancer consistently declined as medical advances are made? If the answer to cancer was found solely in nature, than nobody would have died from cancer prior to technology and modern medicine.

According to your theory, there shouldn't have been anyone with cancer or that died from it in the 1800s.

While I agree that radiation and chemotherapy aren't THE answer, obviously because people are still dying, I hardly think erasing them from our treatment repertoire will solve the problem either.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Well My cancer is gone and I went through chemo ad radiation. There are people who went through the same treatments and are still cancer free after like 20 and 30 years.

I am really glad that it worked for you. Of course there are successes as well as failures. I have no data on either and maybe I shouldn't have spoken out of hand. My apologies ma'am if I offended you?

I saw a PBS show that followed people dying from cancer despite all the best treatment available. I think the theme was how to handle passing of a loved one rather than the cancer or treatment. What struck me most about it was the seeming chemical "experimentation" that ensued when as many as several chemos and irradiation treatments failed to stem the disease. How the doctors didn't seem to have any alternatives to their expensive complicated methods. But rather kept slogging along without considering maybe it wasn't working.

The patients seemed willing enough and very tired of it all at the same time. The tone with the patient was always maybe we can try... and with the families it was, we're doing all we can. Something just wasn't right with all that. It's like they strung the patient and the families out with the long drawn and painful roller coaster of up and down hope and resignation of their plight. I came away with the feeling that there has to be a better way.

We look back on "surgeons" during the Civil War in America in the 19th century and shudder. I think that future medicine will look back at us today with that same kind of disdain. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

...why has the death rate from cancer consistently declined as medical advances are made?

Well one reason is the increasing focus on early detection. Another is that medical insurance pays for a lot of treatments that people wouldn't be able to afford without it. That includes checkups and diagnosis technology that continues to advance. However cancer is surely on the rise and we still are banging away at it with old ideas (Radiation and Poison). Killing the patient to cure them? Only with cancer treatment do we do that.

The really striking thing about the picture gallery the OP brought is how large tumors got and the patient still survived. There was no treatment per say back then. How long does it take for those monster tumors to develop?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm not offended. I just didn't want people to get all freaked out if they get cancer thinking there is no hope in traditional medicine.

I was freaked out when I first discovered a lump because I had no medical at the time. My doctors got me in touch with the right people and I got free medical. So things worked out for me. If anyone gets diagnosed with cancer and needs to talk, send me a private message.

new topics

top topics

join