It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was Infact the son of "God" Arn't we all?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Sun3Mud6

Buddhism is not atheist.

Buddha was an atheist, get a new history book bro. Heck, do a simple Google search.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I suppose Lao Tsu was an atheist too!?!

Just because a definition of god, and the "oneness of all things created" doesn't follow your definition of god, it equals atheism? Wow, what narrow a minded ignorant, bigoted and judgmental attitude you're bring to the table there buddy!
You can't even agree to disagree, can you? You're truly displaying qualities of a small minded person.

Jesus taught the way, as did Lao Tsu and Buddha and Gandhi, actually, and for that matter 1sun3mud6 makes a good point about the Tower of Babel story and how all knowledge is confused. We must remain open minded and vigil while on our path to oneness. You never know when you be ministering to angels.............

edit on 10-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I have read the Tao Te Ching, and I don't recall any mention of gods. Lao Tsu seemed more Libertarian than anything else.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by windword

I have read the Tao Te Ching, and I don't recall any mention of gods. Lao Tsu seemed more Libertarian than anything else.

Yeah, more like Emerson than Ron Paul though.

Lao Tsu taught "The Way" to a clean and clear path to oneness with the universe, not about devotion to a deity. Same with Buddha, I don't think that makes them "atheist." Too bad we don't have more text from them than from Jesus in the Bible. Too bad Jesus didn't write a book.
edit on 10-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Jesus taught the way,

Jesus didn't teach ANY "way", Jesus came and said "I AM the Way!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So no, I'm not any of that crap you slandered me with above. What I am is a follower and worshiper of Jesus Christ. I believe in what HE SAID.

That's my worldview: Jesus.

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
If we were gods children I think he would have shielded the people who are being slaughtered in Syria in which people are being stabbed to death in the face...I don't think he would have allowed the concentrations camps which saw pregnant women get sewn up so they could not give birth...if he was all powerful then he would have had the foresight to kill the "fallen angel" who is now lucifer. Where is the heavenly Department of Child Services because I call child abuse. Although it all may be a test I really don't see how you can have power and not use it, especially when we actually feel pain and hurt. But even earthly parents turn a blind eye so maybe it's genetics. As you said we are made in gods image. I would rather be whipped and crucified than be tortured by assad's, hussein's regime
edit on 7-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

We have free will and unfortunately most choose the easy path of being evil . This earth age is a test that humanity seems to be failing miserably , we were given a very sound set of guidelines to work with that would have pleased God and allowed His blessings . But when Good men allow evil to exist because they won't stand up to it, then calamity is the norm .

I always find it amazing when non believers in God, blame Him for all the evil in the world and never make one mention of all the blessings people have . God IS NOT a respecter of persons , in other words you have to earn His respect. I am willing to bet you live a fairly good life and no not once thanked your creator for the bounty you enjoy , but instead you sit gawking in the mirror at your prideful self accomplishment .
edit on 10-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, I said I can only speak on behalf of the Christian faith is because I myself, trust Jesus. I never said I speak for all Christians. Read next time plz.
I don't have a reading comprehension problem.
You have a problem backing down from misstatements you make and you seem to enjoy pretending that people are making false accusations against you. Here is what you said earlier:

Well, personally I can only speak for the Christian faith, but its^ not that way for us, we just don't accept all claims to be truth as "forms" of truth unless the Word of God also agrees.
(underlining added by JM)
This use of the words, us, and, we, shows to any normal reader that you are standing up as the representative of all Christians. If that was not what you meant, and you really meant something else, it is not because of something being wrong with the reader, it is because of how you wrote it.

No, I don't represent that nonsense. I never claimed to. The Jews will be brought to Christ through jealousy and tribulation, 2/3 will die. They'll become Christians, not replace Christ with Judaism.
If there was nothing wrong with Jesus as Christ as understood by Christians, then there is no reason why Jews can not accept him in the same way that everyone else in the world does, which is by coming into the Church. If all Christians are taken off of the Earth, how could the Jews be jealous, since the people they would be hypothetically jealous of are no longer around? If these Christians just mysteriously disappear one day, the Jews would take it as a sign that they (the Christians) were wrong, and that God had finally carried out the proper judgement on the infidels and had sent them all to hell.
It looks to me as if you are just following a YouTube video cult and don't really understand what it is you believe in
edit on 10-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

If there was nothing wrong with Jesus as Christ as understood by Christians, then there is no reason why Jews can not accept him in the same way that everyone else in the world does, which is by coming into the Church.

Dude, they will when their spiritual blindness is lifted. Christ placed that on them as a collective the morning He rode into town on the donkey. You're right, there is nothing wrong with Christ or the gospel, they are "blind" to it's truthfulness and His glory as our Messiah right now.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

If there was nothing wrong with Jesus as Christ as understood by Christians, then there is no reason why Jews can not accept him in the same way that everyone else in the world does, which is by coming into the Church.

Dude, they will when their spiritual blindness is lifted. Christ placed that on them as a collective the morning He rode into town on the donkey. You're right, there is nothing wrong with Christ or the gospel, they are "blind" to it's truthfulness and His glory as our Messiah right now.

2Thes. 2:9. And for this cause God will send them strong delusion that they may believe in a lie .

This is true with most everybody that believes false teachings thinking they are doing the will of God and this goes for all religions . Hence a narrow path to salvation and a big wide path to perdition .

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

2Thes. 2:9. And for this cause God will send them strong delusion that they may believe in a lie .

That's not the saints, that's for those that accept the mark of the beast.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 1Sun3Mud6

Buddhism is not atheist.

Buddha was an atheist, get a new history book bro. Heck, do a simple Google search.

Actually buddha wasn't an athiest... The buddha did not accept or deny the existance of a "One True God"... In buddhism the idea is actually a hinderance to "enlightenment"... In fact Buddha does acknowledge the existance of Many different Gods, but they are also on the so called "path to enlightenment" like us...

The non-adherence[1] to the notion of an omnipotent creator deity or a prime mover is seen by many as a key distinction between Buddhism and other religions. In Buddhism the sole aim of spiritual practice is the complete alleviation of stress in samsara,[2][3] called nirvana. The Buddha neither denies nor accepts a creator,[4] denies endorsing any views on creation[5] and states that questions on the origin of the world are worthless.[6][7]

Some teachers tell students beginning Buddhist meditation that the notion of divinity is not incompatible with Buddhism,[8] but dogmatic beliefs in a Supreme God are considered to pose a hindrance to the attainment of nirvana,[9] the highest goal of Buddhist practice.[10] Despite this apparent non-theism, Buddhists consider veneration of the Noble ones[11] very important,[12] although the two main traditions of Buddhism differ mildly in their reverential attitudes. While Theravada Buddhists view the Buddha as a human being who attained nirvana or Buddhahood, through human efforts,[13] some Mahayana Buddhists consider him an embodiment of the cosmic Dharmakaya, born for the benefit of others, and not merely a human being.[14] In addition, some Mahayana Buddhists worship their chief Bodhisattva, Avalokiteshvara,[15] and hope to embody him.[16]

Buddhists accept the existence of beings in higher realms (see Buddhist cosmology), known as devas, but they, like humans, are said to be suffering in samsara,[17] and are not necessarily wiser than us. In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[18] and superior to them.[19] Despite this there are believed to be enlightened Devas on the path of Buddhahood.

In Buddhism the idea of metaphysical absolute is de-constructed in the same way as the idea of an enduring 'self', but it is not necessarily denied. Reality is considered as dynamic, interactive and non-substantial (which implies rejection of brahman or of a divine 'substratum'). A cosmic principle can be embodied in concepts such as the dharmakaya. Though there is a primordial Buddha (or in Vajrayana, the Adi-Buddha - a representation of immanent enlightenment in nature), its representation as a creator is a symbol of the presence of a universal cyclical creation and dissolution in the cosmos, and not an actual personal being. However, an intelligent metaphysical underlying 'ground of enlightenment' is not ruled out by Buddhism, although Buddhists are generally very careful to distinguish this idea from that of an independent 'creator-God'.[20]

In Buddhism, causality in the form of the principle of karma is fundamental and cannot be avoided or subverted by faith (it should rather be in a nondual relation with it). Transcendence of the illusory idea of self-hood entails the cessation of the ego which is subject to the vicissitudes of karma; therefore Nirvana is also the ending of karma insofar as at this point the subject to whom the consequences of actions accrue is finally extinguished.

And if you take into account the events discribed in Issa... who was apparently Jesus (so it claims)... who out reasons the buddha on spiritual matters. And those who knew Issa considered him to be their Buddha...

It brings a whole new perspective to the idea of Buddhism... Where buddha is the path to enlightenment as buddhists claim... but Jesus is still "the truth, the life, and the way"

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join