It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was Infact the son of "God" Arn't we all?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by TedHodgson

You forgot the little part about being the only "begotten" Son of God.

We are all sons of Adam.

Adam was also the son of God... just like us...

edit on 7-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Jesus on the other hand is the only actual physical son of God because his Y Chromosones would have been provided by the Holy Spirit himself if we are to believe the story of the annunciation. This would also have made Jesus genetically unique if everything the bible says is true. (I aint disputing it btw)

He'd have half the number of chromosomes as a normal human would.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

We are all sons of Adam.

Adam was a direct creation of God, we are all products of the original DNA coding that went into Adam as the first man.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Jesus on the other hand is the only actual physical son of God because his Y Chromosones would have been provided by the Holy Spirit himself if we are to believe the story of the annunciation. This would also have made Jesus genetically unique if everything the bible says is true. (I aint disputing it btw)

You are indeed correct and thankyou for pointing that out

But he was still genetically unique, because his chromosone would have been X from Mary and Y from the Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

We are all sons of Adam.

Adam was a direct creation of God, we are all products of the original DNA coding that went into Adam as the first man.

Everything is a creation of God, including Jesus... Adam was just as much "the son of God" as Jesus was... Though Jesus was likely the first of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If that were true, Jesus wouldn't have survived.

If a body has too few or too many chromosomes, it usually won't survive to birth. Getting the number of chromosomes right is so complicated that nature often makes mistakes. Believe it or not, around 10% of sperm and 50% of eggs contain abnormal chromosomes and more than half of first trimester spontaneous abortions are due to chromosome abnormalities. www.thetech.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

You are indeed correct and thankyou for pointing that out

But he was still genetically unique, because his chromosone would have been X from Mary and Y from the Holy Spirit.

What would have been the benefit, of Jesus as being an example to humanity of a perfect human being, if his DNA was not the same as ours? Why did he tell us that we should be like him when that would be impossible?

If his DNA was so unique, why didn't he procreate, as God commanded in Jewish law, and put forth the divine lineage?
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I am not telling the story, nor am I asking anyone to believe. I am merely stating in modern understandable terms what the bible says happened.

If it is true that God is our creator, then he would have had no problems getting the chromosone and DNA mix correct because he also created Adam and Eve. Jesus' genes were no doubt human just as Adam and Eve's was but what I am saying is that his Y Chromosone DNA would have been unique as they would not have been from any human on the earth at the time.

Once again, I am not asking the non believers to convert, but if you read the bible and interperet the story correctly, then what I talk about re the chromosones etc it what the bible says happened. That's what the immaculate conception theory is all about.

Here is the original story in ye olde englishe from the book of Luke;

Luke 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

And a continuation of the story in Matthew

Matthew 1:18 ¶ Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
edit on 7-3-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the input. I am familiar with the story. But, that doesn't answer my question. I can appreciate that fact that you don't know the answer. It would just be speculation anyway.

Of course, if God is the guy the bible describes, he could do anything. But the question is why. Why would God give us an example of perfection that we couldn't possible attain, due to perfect DNA, and then tell us to be that way? Why would Jesus take that special DNA to the grave, and not pass on the divinity? I'm just not buying it.

edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Jesus wasn't perfect... he perfected himself...

Within his ministry he was perfect... and preached about the attainable perfection.

Read the infancy gospels... he was not perfect until he learned to be perfect

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I kinda, vaguely remember something about that book, so I Googled it. It's not very long and I read the whole thing, just now. Thanks for the clue. Very interesting and creepy for his parents. They must have felt cursed at times. A child like that today would be institutionalized.

Edit:
I can imagine the movie, Stephen King would write the screen play and Stanley Kubric would have directed it.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: add copy

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Akragon

I kinda, vaguely remember something about that book, so I Googled it. It's not very long and I read the whole thing, just now. Thanks for the clue. Very interesting and creepy for his parents. They must have felt cursed at times. A child like that today would be institutionalized.

Edit:
I can imagine the movie, Stephen King would write the screen play and Stanley Kubric would have directed it.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: add copy

Theres 2 actually...

www.earlychristianwritings.com... James

And

www.earlychristianwritings.com... Thomas...

And my thread pertaining to the subject of "IF Jesus killed" which didn't go over too well for obvious reasons

Did Jesus Kill?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

But the question is why. Why would God give us an example of perfection that we couldn't possible attain, due to perfect DNA, and then tell us to be that way?

Because Jesus' message wasn't "Be just like me, here's how to do it."

It was "Believe in me, it is finished!"

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I couldn't agree more that "it is finished." The deed has been done and all our arguments, whether we "believe" or not, don't change the deed. Surely Jesus didn't require those that weren't witness to blindly believe any old story, without the same proof provided to those who witnessed. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: ,

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Surely Jesus didn't require those that weren't witness to blindly believe any old story, without the same proof provided to those who witnessed. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Well, that doesn't matter. Judas walked with Christ, saw all the miracles, and still chose to not believe in Him and betray Him for 30 pieces of silver. Peter watched everything himself and said that OT prophecies concerning Christ were a "more sure word" than his own eye-witness testimony. And when you get into the probabilities you can clearly see why Peter said that. The numbers soon get utterly absurd in no time at all.

Jesus actually said those who would believe on Him in the future without seeing firsthand would have a greater blessing than those who only believed because they saw Him do it.

edit on 7-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I believe in reincarnation, because I have memories. I remember hearing Jesus speak on the banks of the Red Sea. What I remember him saying are truths, speaking directly to our hearts, and these truths are found nowhere in the Bible. The ministry of Jesus isn't in the Bible. This is my problem with religion and Biblical text and those who thump their Bibles. That is why I am not a Christian.

My soul is still being ministered to by the "Christ Consciousness," not by congenial churches but through dreams and random actions and conversations, such as ones on ATS.

edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: are

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I remember hearing Jesus speak on the banks of the Red Sea.

Sea of Galilee? The Red Sea is the body of water Moses crossed leading the children of Israel out of Egypt and into Arabia.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

these truths are found nowhere in the Bible.

Im gonna have to disagree with that one... You don't have to be christian to see the truth in the bible

edit on 7-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Catholics believe it. Here's a song for you.

R- Sons of God: Hear His Holy word,

Gather around the table of the Lord

Eat His Body, drink His Blood

And we'll sing a song of love

Allelu, allelu, allelu, alleluia.

1- Brothers, sister we are one,

And our life has just begun,

In the spirit we are young,

We can live forever.

This children's song was popular when I was a youth (1960's era) There are more verses, but you get the gist of it.
edit on 3/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Luke 8:21

But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join