It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was Infact the son of "God" Arn't we all?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I may be wrong but it just seems logical to me......

Now i fully accept that a man could have existed that performed miracles like no person had ever seen, he may have been a wise man, wiser than many, and his heart may have been pure, it could have been the purest of all.

But aren't we technically all Children of God, His sons and daughters "in his own image" , or the "Flock" of god, why was Jesus any more of Child of the Almighty than any man or woman on Earth?

This is not a question that is intended to offend anyone's structure of belief, nor a question to be taken lightly.

It is Obvious to me that over the ages people have become to feel unworthy of a title such of "Child of God" if people accepted that we could most probably be (if he exists) all Children of God then surely that would be a better belief structure that was entirely more Positive than the One the Christians seem to enjoy on a daily basis.

Every man has the Power to be a miracle, we all have the power to heal and we all have the power to influence others positively, we have the power to give life and to take it away.

We are all miracles in ourselves, maybe it just took one man (apparently) or* the story of one man to make us realize our true potential.

Anyone who believes in God is; or surely has the potential to be Gods child.

edit on 7/3/12 by TedHodgson because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Perhaps we're his unwanted children?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the SONS OF God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

The scripture answers this question

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit OF God, they are the SONS OF God.

The first verse is from a gospel. This is for those who only take the words of Jesus into account. The second was written by Paul, for those who do not discredit what he had to say.
edit on 7-3-2012 by micmerci because: added scripture

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Plausible, Sent Jesus to rub it in our faces? That would make God one massive Arse, Surely not

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

What that says to me is that a Man who believes in his brother is equal in their fathers eyes

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

We are all parts and parcels of god. We are all devine because we were created by god. Like different parts of our body surve us like our hands and legs. We are parts of the devine body that serve it. Jesus was the closest person to god that ever lived so he served him best. We all have the potential to do what jesus did but we have not gained the devine knowledge yet. We are born incomplete but we have to make areselves perfect. Jesus came into tbe world and was so adva.cedd already complete beca use he was represented as god in human form. It was godz way of lifting his hand out fo us to give us direction. We cannont concieve as humans what the will of god is or how he thinks. Everything i can assure u is going in order.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If the trinity is to be taken literally why would god need to manifest himself in human form and commit suicide to forgive us for the transgressions he allowed in the first place while institutionalizing ritual blood sacrifice and cannibalism as the norm.

I'll tell you this, I would definitely be cautious of partying with god, he seems like a real wild character. The kinda guy that cuts himself just to know he's alive.
edit on 7-3-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If we were gods children I think he would have shielded the people who are being slaughtered in Syria in which people are being stabbed to death in the face...I don't think he would have allowed the concentrations camps which saw pregnant women get sewn up so they could not give birth...if he was all powerful then he would have had the foresight to kill the "fallen angel" who is now lucifer. Where is the heavenly Department of Child Services because I call child abuse. Although it all may be a test I really don't see how you can have power and not use it, especially when we actually feel pain and hurt. But even earthly parents turn a blind eye so maybe it's genetics. As you said we are made in gods image. I would rather be whipped and crucified than be tortured by assad's, hussein's regime
edit on 7-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Close...
Proverbs 18:24
A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is A friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Even Jesus in his Almighty form could not heal the world today, it's up to us now, It will take time and many will suffer but eventually we will either wipe each other out or put aside our differences

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jesus is limited by his half human form witch is pathetic compared to the infinite power of the full divine. we have purpose in this world. god does not make things by mistake for he is perfect. therefore we are perfect. u just dont have the ability to understand why ur perfect or ur reason for existance. u r like a cell in a human body that servers a bigger whole. a cell canont concieve the existance of the body it lives in just like u cannont concieve the existance in the spiritual body u r living in. we are spiritual beings having human experiances. u cannont even immagine how gods fingernails grows much less why he made jesus more powerfull then u. we are all gods children but some of his children have more responisble roles to play given their knowledge and ability. with power comes responsibility. i think jesus could save the world if he was alive today but its not in gods plan for that. he wants us to save ourselves. humanity is not finished evolving yet we are yet to come to our supreme form of collective conciosness 1 being. we are like a bread mold little pieces of living organsims making 1 whole that servers a perpose. we are all on the same team working together like we were designed. whatever that might be

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
sometimes its in gods plan to let people die butcause it is their purpose to forfill a bigger purpose. like i said u cannont concieve why god makes things the way they are. just obey. u cannont revolt. u could be taken out of existance in an instant if he wanted to. visualize god as the hgihest qualitys u see in a man on earth. the most powerful,the most beautiful,the most renown, the most wealthy, and most of all the most forgiving all to the fullest extent u could immagine. nothing can compete with him. he created u and is ur master so serve love and give praise to him

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The problem with your hypothesis is you are looking at the christian God from a secular perspective. Since Christ is a christian deity, it is from the biblical and christian perspective you must see him and yourself. Anything outside of that is no longer biblical.

micmerci gave you the simplest and best answer from a christian point of view.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

. . . the story of one man to make us realize our true potential.

Jesus was a preexistent divine being.
He was able to receive the spirit of God at his baptism in a way that we are not capable of, otherwise there would not have been much reason for him to have come in the way that he did.
Jesus had certain advantages over us but that should not deter us from trying to be like Jesus, but that understanding should allow us to be at peace with the idea that we will not have that type of instantaneous filling as he had, but will take time as we are perfected.
edit on 7-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
well i was commig from a christian point of view because when "Jesus" is in the title of the post i assume christian topic

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If Jesus was Infact the son of "God" Arn't we all?,

Absolutely!!

John 10

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He is of course refering to Psalms 82... where it clairifies this question.

WE are ALL children of God, yet we don't realize this....

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Cheers Akragon, Can always count of your intelligence

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

If Jesus was Infact the son of "God" Arn't we all?,

Absolutely!!

John 10

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He is of course refering to Psalms 82... where it clairifies this question.

WE are ALL children of God, yet we don't realize this....

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all

Personally, I totally agree that we all children of God. If God created Adam and Eve, then he fathered them, yeah? So god is our great to the ? power grand father.

But, as usual, the Bible isn't clear on this, and is not be trusted for a definitive answer. For example:

Job 2:1 ¶ Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

and then

ohn 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So, one must infer that there are a number of beings known as "The Sons of God" but, that Jesus was the only one to incarnate.

I maintain that we all part of that group, the spiritual family of god.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You forgot the little part about being the only "begotten" Son of God.

We are all sons of Adam.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You forgot the little part about being the only "begotten" Son of God.

We are all sons of Adam.

You have hit the nail on the head there. We are all metaphorical 'sons of God' because we are the offsprings of his original creations - Adam and Eve.

Jesus on the other hand is the only actual physical son of God because his Y Chromosones would have been provided by the Holy Spirit himself if we are to believe the story of the annunciation. This would also have made Jesus genetically unique if everything the bible says is true. (I aint disputing it btw)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join