It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate sin.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAmericanStory

Necessary Betrayal?

Imo, deception is betrayal. If you tell somebody you won't punish them and then do, then thats just f'd up. Necessary? I think it would have been better if you just trusted your kid, even though he was lying. Because at that point, he is the one being deceptive and that is his own downfall. Do you really think a good way to teach your kid to not be deceptive is to be deceptive yourself? Maybe your kid says to himself, "well if he can do it so can I". You didn't solve any problems, you just created a trust issue, which is never a good thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest
reply to post by smithjustinb

IMO, trust is just as much a problem as beytrayal.

I am very sorry you feel that way.

You can only be betrayed once you have trusted. I don't believe in trusting anymore. It's like hiding a land mine in your own bedroom. It has a 50/50 chance of blowing up in your face.

Your doing yourself more harm than you are good. Making the decision to not trust automatically sets your relationships up for failure. Essentially, you are making a choice not to have a deep connection with anyone. Its better to risk being betrayed than to give up trusting altogether. Maybe you should just find some new friends. Find some people you know you can trust, because trust is absolutely necessary for any meaningful relationship. And I know for a fact, that if you don't trust anyone, you don't have any meaningful relationships. If you say you do have meaningful relationships, then you trust more than you would like to admit. In any case, trust is a must.

Instead, I prefer to have faith. Trust assumes that the situation or relationship will either go one way or the other. It's plurality at its core. Faith (I'm not talking about religion, but faith in people or situations) can see you through anything and is always there are long as you wish it. Trust vanishes the moment it is broken.

Trust can be re-established once it is broken if you let it. It is hard though. In the context you're using the word, "faith", I think you are unaware that you are probably really talking about trust, but you just don't want to admit it to yourself. It's a fact that without trust, a relationship cannot be meaningful or even real. So, do you have any meaningful relationships? If you say yes, then trust me, you trust them but just don't want to admit it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
But for Sin to be credible, you must have a choice but if the choice you always make is the choice you were designed to make, is it you that made the choice or the designer that made the choice for you?

Ribbit

I don't mean sin in the theological sense of the word, and you're right, all sins are justified in that respect, and I agree. But betrayal cuts deeper than anything else I believe.

It can only cut as deep as you allow it to cut.

If you realize the person doesn't have a choice, even though it looks like they dew, then how much damage can they dew to you that you don't allow?

Only you can allow others to hurt you emotionally/spiritually!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Trust is a firm believe. Faith is complete confidence. By having faith, I am being what you would refer to as trustful. I just don't think that trust is a strong enough word, and therefore faith exists. Trust, IMO, is a weak (breakable) form of faith.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest

Trust is a firm believe. Faith is complete confidence. By having faith, I am being what you would refer to as trustful. I just don't think that trust is a strong enough word, and therefore faith exists. Trust, IMO, is a weak (breakable) form of faith.

So its just a matter of semantics. Well, its the idea that matters not the word you use to describe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join