It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love light?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I recently made this thread that determined that the only objective existential fact was light.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After reading that, you can see why it is likely that people who have had NDEs actually did have a valid experience.

The nature of the light that all NDErs describe is love. Since I independently came to the conclusion that light is the natural state of existence beyond death, I have no trouble accepting that light actually is love, but I do have a little trouble seeing how.

As conscious beings on Earth, we have to survive. Our survival is APPEARS to be balanced and regulated by love and fear. If we had no love, we would kill ourselves, and if we had no fear, we would let tigers eat us.

Now while it appears that love and fear are equally important in ensuring the propagation of this mystery we call life, that may not necessarily be entirely true. Here's why.

FEAR

How often do we need to utilize fear to survive? Do we eat because we are afraid of dying or do we eat because we love food and also when we're hungry? The only time the feeling of fear is necessary is when their is immediate danger. However, that speaks only about the feeling of fear. The effects of fear organize our lives into ones that are privy to survival but after we learn the correct way of doing things, we can leave the feeling of fear behind.

For instance, the way we drive. If it weren't for fear, we would probably play chicken with each other on the road and there would assuredly be numerous accidents. But after we learned the proper way to drive, now we can enjoy driving.

Fear controls. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. If we followed the directives of all situations that cause fear, then we would not ever experience fear. Fear is a teacher.

LOVE

If fear is a teacher, and it is, then what is love, in terms of survival?

Love is what makes playing the game worth it. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher, you are the student. Fear exists to teach you how to survive so that you can experience love. At birth there is much to fear. Then you learn how to get around that fear. Then you learn to love that which you feared. From birth to death, you are constantly learning. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher. Isn't it? ISN'T IT!!?!? Yes.

The only objective fact that does not change from one person to another is light. Since light is the only objective fact, there can only be one lesson and that lesson is light. Light is the only truth. Have you ever noticed that when you are in a state of enjoyment, or love, you are able to absorb information at a higher rate and also absorb information that you would have otherwise overlooked? I know I sure have. So that means love is a way for a subjective mind to enjoy a broader perspective. Love is a way to truth. That truth is light.

We strive for love, trees strive for light. Two very different life forms existing in two very different ways. But how different are we really? According to the natural law of 1.61803399, (the golden ratio) not much different. Perhaps the animal and the tree are really going after the same thing, just in different ways.

That thing is life. An abundant life is a life of love. Some people are alive but that doesn't mean they are living, but I guarantee you, if you have love, you are living life to the fullest. All is one is consciousness is light, so is the essence of life really love? I think so. And people who have met God seem to agree. I'm gonna go with what they say. You skeptics have fun denying what is currently beyond scientific acceptability while I jump on the bandwagon of undiscovered truth and soar above you.

All matter is of the same essence. That is a known fact. Now science just has to realize that that essence is actually consciousness which is actuall love.

Love doesn't make life worth living, life makes life worth living. Life and love just happen to be the same thing. That is also light.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
[color=gold]
LIGHT in most days of night or darkness on EA*RTH is used to guide the way for the unseen. So when children are usually afraid of dark the LIGHT calms them sooths them. With plant LIFE its the LIGHT that becomes the conduit for the photosynthesis to travel upon to feed the plant life which in turn feed the animals who feed the many inhabitants on EA*RTH. So in most instances LIGHT behaves like LOVE. An to 1 it (LIGHT) can be used as a UNIVERSAL conduit to transmit LOVE thru. Hence LOVE LIGHT traveling for ETERNIA in some of my post.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes love it light. Light is the medium and love is the cause or the reason, so light is the physical manifestation of love made by love and for love, so in this sense light is love made manifest, and since love is action, light is the dance of love making love real and known. In that we are love (our truest self) we are also children of light.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm not so sure. When I look at light, and in particular when I notice the interference pattern, it reminds me of duality and structure. Whereas when I feel, I'm reminded of a singularity or gravity, something without duality/polarity. When I think, I'm reminded of the light because my mind operates within dualistic principles. It only exists because it measures ("I think therefore I am").

I also have a pet peeve when love and fear are compared because people tend to see them as polar opposites. While they are certainly related, I don't perceive love as a duality. Fear is the opposite of hope (negative vs. positive anticipation of some perceived future event). Love has no equal, though it may have a reflection.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If love is light, then love is getting to be expensive according to my utility bill.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
I'm not so sure. When I look at light, and in particular when I notice the interference pattern, it reminds me of duality and structure. Whereas when I feel, I'm reminded of a singularity or gravity, something without duality/polarity. When I think, I'm reminded of the light because my mind operates within dualistic principles. It only exists because it measures ("I think therefore I am").

Gravity is directly proportional to mass. The more massive an object is, the easier it becomes for it to emanate light. I think that maybe gravity is light that is trying to emanate from higher dimensions.

I also have a pet peeve when love and fear are compared because people tend to see them as polar opposites. While they are certainly related, I don't perceive love as a duality. Fear is the opposite of hope (negative vs. positive anticipation of some perceived future event). Love has no equal, though it may have a reflection.

I use love and fear as opposites because I believe they are ultimate dualistic survival mechanisms. Really it doesn't matter what you call it, because even the worst feelings are manifestations of the one essence. So even fear is really love, just in a certain deprived form. Love is what all feelings and all things try to accomplish. It is what everything exists for.

Electrons and protons are both the same thing, they just have different charges.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Throwing down some interesting threads lately!

Just some thoughts:

Light itself isnt necessarily the constant. It is the speed at which that light travels. This could be seen as the only relativistic term which is constant from all perspectives. This has some interesting implications. For one, it means that light might not be the only thing that goes that speed, but all-things will "max out" at that limit. Its why those readings from the neutrinos were such an issue. They were recorded at going faster than this limit.

Now, we know that love is a chemical reaction in the brain. However, I think a good question is; What gives base to that experience? And specifically, why is it so powerful? There could be something external of the human body that is itself translated into bio-chemical reactions in our brain so that it has pertinence to our perspective. One could argue that all-things are translated in this way for at least our "mind" based perspective (thoughts, emotions, memories, etc).

Have you looked into the electric universe theory? It has some issues, but it is a fascinating take on things.

edit: I also do not perceive Love to be part of a duality, but our experience of it (love) might be inherently.
edit on 7-3-2012 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

At birth there is much to fear. Then you learn how to get around that fear. Then you learn to love that which you feared. From birth to death, you are constantly learning. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher. Isn't it? ISN'T IT!!?!? Yes.

Most of what you posted makes sense. A little deep for my blood, but it made sense. Except for what I quoted. The first feeling I felt as a baby was fear because my father beat my mother with one hand while holding a whiskey bottle in the other. Sorry, but I'm never going to love that feeling or the cause of it. That part of your post smacked of new-age feel-good tripe. A generalization of something that is very specific to each individual.

On a lighter note (pun intended) I noticed that everyone so far is equating this light to the sun. The moon gives off light as well. I've lived in various parts of the country and I've noticed that the higher in elevation you are, the brighter the moon tends to be. The moon was nearly full last night and it put out enough light where I live that I didn't need streetights or outside lights around my house to see where I was going.

Is this kind of light love as well? It doesn't help things grow so the cycle of life can continue, but it does help illminate your path. Doesn't it? DOESN'T IT??? Yes.

Just wanted to help people get a clear picture of what is being discussed here. I personally think we need more light/love in this world. But the dark side has something to offer as well. It serves as a yardstick of sorts by which we can measure just how important love really is. I imagine love is just like anything else in that if that's ALL you have in your life you would get jaded by it after awhile. You would get so used to it you'd take it for granted and it would lose it's appeal. Put a little hatred or fear into the mix every once in a while and you can better appreciate just how useful and productive love actually is.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Gravity is directly proportional to mass. The more massive an object is, the easier it becomes for it to emanate light. I think that maybe gravity is light that is trying to emanate from higher dimensions.

Good point. I didn't make the distinction earlier but in my current model gravity has the potential to be the same as a light wave but extended/flattened to infinity, making it a vector. This is also where the polarity collapses because the wave itself has geometric polarity existing as 2D, whereas a vector is 1D. An infinite vector may also be perceived as an infinitesimal point on an infinitely large curve. Fun stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
Throwing down some interesting threads lately!

Just some thoughts:

Light itself isnt necessarily the constant. It is the speed at which that light travels. This could be seen as the only relativistic term which is constant from all perspectives. This has some interesting implications. For one, it means that light might not be the only thing that goes that speed, but all-things will "max out" at that limit. Its why those readings from the neutrinos were such an issue. They were recorded at going faster than this limit.

This is why I think light exists in other dimensions. 300,000km/s is the speed limit not for light, but for 3d space. I think that 300,000km/s is really just as fast as light can go in 3 dimensional space. That would make the reason light is the truth is because it is the only thing that can cross interdimensional borders.

There was a wiring error that caused a faulty reading.

Now, we know that love is a chemical reaction in the brain.

The mistake science makes is not understanding that love is more than a feeling. Sure the feeling of love is a chemical reaction, but love, in my experience, is more than a feeling.

However, I think a good question is; What gives base to that experience? And specifically, why is it so powerful? There could be something external of the human body that is itself translated into bio-chemical reactions in our brain so that it has pertinence to our perspective.

And I think that this is exactly what's going on.

I think love is like light in that it also can cross, or open, interdimensional borders.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

At birth there is much to fear. Then you learn how to get around that fear. Then you learn to love that which you feared. From birth to death, you are constantly learning. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher. Isn't it? ISN'T IT!!?!? Yes.

Most of what you posted makes sense. A little deep for my blood, but it made sense. Except for what I quoted. The first feeling I felt as a baby was fear because my father beat my mother with one hand while holding a whiskey bottle in the other. Sorry, but I'm never going to love that feeling or the cause of it. That part of your post smacked of new-age feel-good tripe. A generalization of something that is very specific to each individual.

The thought of that will always cause you pain. And that pain will always be part of you in your memory and it will also indirectly cause you other problems in your life and you won't be able to see how those problems are connected to the other problem.

The only way to rid yourself of the pain that that thought causes is forgiveness. Although you cannot imagine loving your father after what he has done, forgiveness will cause you to love him. The love is what is necessary to get rid of the pain. Although it may seem impossible, the truth is, its not that you can't love him, its that you don't want to, which I understand can be hard to want to. You can find strength in the fact that after you forgive, you can also forget. You can put it out of your mind, but the important thing is that you clean your mind of its negative association to that event.

On a lighter note (pun intended) I noticed that everyone so far is equating this light to the sun. The moon gives off light as well. I've lived in various parts of the country and I've noticed that the higher in elevation you are, the brighter the moon tends to be. The moon was nearly full last night and it put out enough light where I live that I didn't need streetights or outside lights around my house to see where I was going.

Is this kind of light love as well? It doesn't help things grow so the cycle of life can continue, but it does help illminate your path. Doesn't it? DOESN'T IT??? Yes.

Lol. yes.

Just wanted to help people get a clear picture of what is being discussed here. I personally think we need more light/love in this world. But the dark side has something to offer as well. It serves as a yardstick of sorts by which we can measure just how important love really is. I imagine love is just like anything else in that if that's ALL you have in your life you would get jaded by it after awhile. You would get so used to it you'd take it for granted and it would lose it's appeal. Put a little hatred or fear into the mix every once in a while and you can better appreciate just how useful and productive love actually is.

Well, not necessarily. Love is joy and joy is joy unto itself, not because it is relative to hate. I don't think you can get jaded by love. Once you find unconditional love, there is no going back, imo. Fear does serve love, though. Like I said, it teaches love.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A lot of this reminds me of Tolle philosophy or his book The Power Of Now. Look it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

So now we are starting to get on the same page.

Indeed the neutrino reading was caused by mechanical error. We knew this to be true right off the bat. Not that it wasnt fun to think otherwise!

I guess to clarify something; what do you believe light is?

From my perspective, light is essentially magnetism being slowed down through space-time causing friction. So, the magnetism (not yet electromagnetism) does not solely exist within space-time, but its fractals do (light, electricity, etc). This is described, in portion, through the electric universe theory. Once again, if you havent read about it, it would probably interest you a good deal. I rarely make recommendations.

You see, I have been spouting off on here about how em specifically is Love, and we experience it bio-chemically as love (lower case vs upper case, agape vs felio, etc). It is so very close to your ideas, but mathematically I feel it works out a bit better this way.

edit: so you dont have to go through any of my previous posts; I feel that EM is the cross-border connection, as it were. This connects the two parts of our being, the physical and spiritual, through EM pools (also known as chakras). These pools are created innately by the electrical signals pulsing through our bodies. It is through understanding the connection to that which is beyond the "mind" through Love (EM) that we find what we are "looking for." This specific action has been labelled historically as "enlightenment," and I feel "born again" is also in this group. I agree that it is imperative for this world.

ed2: To clarify further (
) I feel that the action of Faith also points to the same thing, just from a different cultural standpoint.

ed3: (I know, I know) A link to a post relevant to this (Halfway down the page)
edit on 8-3-2012 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Light is truth, love and the generator of life.
We are its beneficiary.
When light is absent so will love flee and darkness to settle.
To embrace the light we must find the truth.
When we find the truth fear is extinguished and light is ignited.
The light induces love and all that is good.
When the light shines the veil is lifted and the darkness is destroyed no longer able to hide behind that which has been concealed.
Bring to light the truth.
Bring the truth to light.
Seek and you shall find, ask and you shall receive.
Believe and you shall shine forever.

PLPL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Nice post as usual, good sir. I have a few thoughts and questions:

Love doesn't make life worth living, life makes life worth living. Life and love just happen to be the same thing. That is also light.

I'm having trouble grasping how light is love is life and vise versa. I just can't see it (excuse the pun). I am still capable of love in the darkness. A man without eyes and who can never experience light is still capable of living and loving. There is life at depths where light weakens and darkness prevails. I'm not saying that light—or in our case the electromagnetic radiation and energy from the sun—doesn't facilitate life, because obviously it does, but I find it difficult to believe that that same electromagnetic radiation is in fact life itself. And to go further and say that the same light is also love? There is plenty of light on the surface of the sun, but how much love and life exists there?

And people who have met God seem to agree. I'm gonna go with what they say. You skeptics have fun denying what is currently beyond scientific acceptability while I jump on the bandwagon of undiscovered truth and soar above you.

Beside the fact that no one in the history of mankind has met God, only claimed they have, I have trouble with the risky way of living you promote in this statement. What's more dangerous? denying what is beyond scientific acceptability or blindly believing what is beyond scientific acceptability? It seems you chose the latter, and as a result, have chosen extreme disappointment when your hopes aren't realized. Soaring and freedom isn't found riding on bandwagons.

The thought of that will always cause you pain. And that pain will always be part of you in your memory and it will also indirectly cause you other problems in your life and you won't be able to see how those problems are connected to the other problem.

The only way to rid yourself of the pain that that thought causes is forgiveness. Although you cannot imagine loving your father after what he has done, forgiveness will cause you to love him. The love is what is necessary to get rid of the pain. Although it may seem impossible, the truth is, its not that you can't love him, its that you don't want to, which I understand can be hard to want to. You can find strength in the fact that after you forgive, you can also forget. You can put it out of your mind, but the important thing is that you clean your mind of its negative association to that event.

On a side note:
In the above quote, change all "you" to "I". Change all 2nd person to 1st person. This isn't an instruction manual. These thoughts are yours alone and one else's. If written in the 1st person, there might be some ring of truth to it, because only I can speak for myself.
edit on 8-3-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That is an absolutely beautiful concept. Thanks for that. I have often thought the same about energy in the universe. Not necessarily light but some form of energy that guides/molds/forms the universe and the interactions of everything in it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Nice post as usual, good sir. I have a few thoughts and questions:

I'm having trouble grasping how light is love is life and vise versa. I just can't see it (excuse the pun). I am still capable of love in the darkness.

Then it's not truly dark, only dark to your eyes.

A man without eyes and who can never experience light is still capable of living and loving. There is life at depths where light weakens and darkness prevails. I'm not saying that light—or in our case the electromagnetic radiation and energy from the sun—doesn't facilitate life, because obviously it does, but I find it difficult to believe that that same electromagnetic radiation is in fact life itself. And to go further and say that the same light is also love?

Consciousness is all there is. The essence of all matter and energy is consciousness. Consciousness, in the form of light or love is true externally. All other forms of consciousness are only true internally. Light/love are objective consciousness. All else is subjective.

There is plenty of light on the surface of the sun, but how much love and life exists there?

A lot. Everything is life. All light is love and all love is light.

And people who have met God seem to agree. I'm gonna go with what they say. You skeptics have fun denying what is currently beyond scientific acceptability while I jump on the bandwagon of undiscovered truth and soar above you.

Beside the fact that no one in the history of mankind has met God, only claimed they have, I have trouble with the risky way of living you promote in this statement. What's more dangerous? denying what is beyond scientific acceptability or blindly believing what is beyond scientific acceptability? It seems you chose the latter, and as a result, have chosen extreme disappointment when your hopes aren't realized. Soaring and freedom isn't found riding on bandwagons.

I know I am taking a risk by choosing to believe this. But if I'm right, then it will pay off beyond what the current scientifically verified information can offer. So if I'm right, I jump ahead of the pack. If I'm wrong, sure I fall behind, but if I'm right I jump ahead. New discoveries are made by those willing to take the risk of getting it wrong. I am an entrepreneur of thought.

On a side note:
In the above quote, change all "you" to "I". Change all 2nd person to 1st person. This isn't an instruction manual. These thoughts are yours alone and one else's. If written in the 1st person, there might be some ring of truth to it, because only I can speak for myself.
edit on 8-3-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

No, forgiveness works the same for everyone. Any body who has ever harmed anybody and that victim goes on to resent them for what they have done, creates a negative mental association to that event and that person which only serves to cause the victim pain. Only when the victim forgives the person will they move on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

I guess to clarify something; what do you believe light is?

I think the structure of light isn't quite understood by us, and probably can't be understood by us in this dimension. I think light is an interdimensional phenomena that is the objective truth across all dimensions. Light is the one objective truth. All is consciousness and light is consciousness too, but light is consciousness's objectively true form.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Love is what makes playing the game worth it. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher, you are the student. Fear exists to teach you how to survive so that you can experience love. At birth there is much to fear. Then you learn how to get around that fear. Then you learn to love that which you feared. From birth to death, you are constantly learning. Love is the lesson, fear is the teacher. Isn't it? ISN'T IT!!?!? Yes.

How do you know that fear is there so that we can learn to survive and experience love? How do you know that "love" is the lesson? The lesson given by who and why do you come to that conclusion?

As conscious beings on Earth, we have to survive. Our survival is APPEARS to be balanced and regulated by love and fear. If we had no love, we would kill ourselves, and if we had no fear, we would let tigers eat us.

How do you know that it is regulated by "love" and "fear". Why not "Pleasure" and "Pain"? How many animals do you see motivated by the force of love? Animals that have to kill in order to eat and survive.

How often do we need to utilize fear to survive? Do we eat because we are afraid of dying or do we eat because we love food and also when we're hungry?

We eat because it's pleasurable, and in some cases, because the hunger brings pain.

We strive for love, trees strive for light. Two very different life forms existing in two very different ways. But how different are we really? According to the natural law of 1.61803399, (the golden ratio) not much different. Perhaps the animal and the tree are really going after the same thing, just in different ways.

The light feels pleasurable and love feels pleasurable.

so is the essence of life really love? I think so.

Not all are looking for love, but all are looking for happiness, so wouldn't make more sense to say that "happiness" is the essence?

I'm not sure how it makes sense to say that life is love when its possible to live life devoid of love especially with all of the pain and suffering that comes with life such as dying....

You skeptics have fun denying what is currently beyond scientific acceptability while I jump on the bandwagon of undiscovered truth and soar above you.

Wow. This is not an attitude of love. They are not accepting it because they don't have reason to do so. This is speculation unless there is evidence. I understand their position because I am actually able to see through their perspective. Empathy is a part of love which you are lacking in this instance. You think you are "above" them and they are "lower", and you don't care. Instead of helping them understand your perspective you just allow them to walk in what you would perceive as "ignorance".

Not only are you lacking empathy, but if you really believe that what you are saying is true, then you also lack sympathy which is also foundamental to the concept of love.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Very interesting. So, we definitely differ on that point. What led you to that belief?

To clarify my own position, I feel light is a manifestation of something else (electromagnetism more specifically).

In your philosophy, how do black holes fit in? Specifically, as they interact with light. I am interested to know. You dont seem interested in my perspective, so I hope me being interested in yours isnt too much to ask

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join