It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-American Protests Intensify in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

If you want to turn this thread into a holy war, fine I'm game.

Not at all Illmatic67. But I know that Islam is a way of live, who rules everything. With Islam, religion , laws , justice, health and politics are not seperated, like in Occident.
I.e : The charria. ( Islamic Justice )

It was my point. I didn't try to start anything.

With you, it's very difficult to say something about Islam.You're allways thinking, when I ( or someone esle ) want to speak Islam, that you'll be attacked in your faith.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
UP, I have no problem when people criticize Islam, just as long as they know what they're talking about.

You, you have no clue what Islam is, that's my problem.

Oh yea, before I forget. You still havent told me why Muhammad was in your top 5 evil post in that other thread Nans made.

hmmm, I wonder why.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

1) You, you have no clue what Islam is, that's my problem.

2) Oh yea, before I forget. You still havent told me why Muhammad was in your top 5 evil post in that other thread Nans made.

3) hmmm, I wonder why.

I know what's Islam. I can see how muslims are acting all around the world. Also, I didn't wait to read the kuran. A french version of course.

2) Yes, I know. ( see point 3 )

3) I received a u2u from someone who asked me to stay quite with you.

Don't ask me" who ". If " who " want to tell you why he sent this u2u, he can do it. But I'll not tell you who's " who ".

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well tell me how Muslims all across the world act then, since you know right

And because someone told you not to say something is no exuse, you could've u2ed your reasons to me.

And that person who told you not to say anything is a smart man, he knows who the winning party would've been before you even had a chance to reply.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think we need to look at this at a deeper level than just the superficial new releases.

Saddam and nearly all his govt and senior military are missing, doesn't this strike people as strange?

His armies have disappeared, his feared divisions turned out to be thin air. The people are there somewhere but they are not on the battlefield.

So if you were going to be invaded and knew you didn't stand a chance what would you do?

Let the enemy come and occupy and then create internal dissent and drive them out with a gurilla war or with a "popular" uprising. This is what is happening in Chechnya, and with all the russian "aides" helping to plan his defence that would be a good model.

That is what I think is happeneing, Saddam, with Iran, or Syria, is still at work this time formenting dissent against the occupier.

Mind you its not that the Americans are innocent victims, they have acted terribly and incompently in allowing the looting and destruction of the cities and the continued incompetence of the military in cleaning up the mess is deplorable.

I give the occupation 6 months of relative peace then the gurilla war will increase and the Iraqis with their shadow leaders will take back the cities, forcing the occupiers into the deserts.

The war is not over yet, it has just entered a new phase.

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The issue which is on the table today is Iraq is who is going to be in charge (as in the leader). Clearly much of these protest are a way to represent the desire that whoever is the leader of Iraq will put Iraqis first.

Such protest in the past were very much impossible and from that perspective a conclusion is that the Iraqi people are testing limits.

With a total population of 24,001,816 (July 2002 est.) I find it hard to see how the lower end 10s of thousands of protesters. Is justification for concluding anything beyond the fact that some people are afraid.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I think we need to look at this at a deeper level than just the superficial new releases.

Saddam and nearly all his govt and senior military are missing, doesn't this strike people as strange?

His armies have disappeared, his feared divisions turned out to be thin air. The people are there somewhere but they are not on the battlefield.

So if you were going to be invaded and knew you didn't stand a chance what would you do?

Let the enemy come and occupy and then create internal dissent and drive them out with a gurilla war or with a "popular" uprising. This is what is happening in Chechnya, and with all the russian "aides" helping to plan his defence that would be a good model.

That is what I think is happeneing, Saddam, with Iran, or Syria, is still at work this time formenting dissent against the occupier.

Mind you its not that the Americans are innocent victims, they have acted terribly and incompently in allowing the looting and destruction of the cities and the continued incompetence of the military in cleaning up the mess is deplorable.

I give the occupation 6 months of relative peace then the gurilla war will increase and the Iraqis with their shadow leaders will take back the cities, forcing the occupiers into the deserts.

The war is not over yet, it has just entered a new phase.

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Netchicken]

You noticed that too, huh? No one said anything after the Arab outrage, in other countries, of how the Iraq military 'laid down'. Rabid Right Wingers were and are too busy patting themselves on the back about Rumsfield's brilliant plan. Never really acknowledging the fact that the worlds most powerful military was never in any danger from a rag-tag 3rd World Military that was at half of it's 1991 capacity.
They knew their only strategy of making a significant threat was to let the enemy forces sink in deep & then pop up around them.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've been wondering. What would happen if in the first Iraqi democratic elections they voted in, through their own choice, an extreme Islamic government? Maybe even one that turned out along the lines of the taliban?
What would happen then? would we go back in and tell them to vote for someone else....?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join