It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrysler 300 - Anyone have one? Likes/Dislikes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm planning on maybe getting one of these soon, likely a year or two old...
The reviews I've read have all been good, I like the styling, the interior, and the options, but just wanted to hear from anyone who actually has one, and what they think.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com... .htm

Maybe this link will help you with your decision. I owned a Chrysler LHS and frankly it was one of the worst cars I have ever owned. It was a year 2000 so, I'm sure Chrysler has improved in the last ten years. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just looked at the car and .. seriously .. what is that thing ?

Is it like a Rolls Royce for people who can not afford a Rolls Royce ? A pimp mobile ? The predecessor of the Batmobile ?

Personally, I wouldn't want any other car than a Volkswagen. Got a VW Golf V 2.0 TDI right now.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've ridden in them before, and they were always a nice ride, and I was impressed with the interior and the handling of it. Thanks for the link above, I'll check it out.

As for the Volkswagon, nope, I typically only buy American autos, not foreign built.

Not knocking them, great products, but I try to buy domestic when I can do so.

From the guide, it seems that all of the trouble spots were in the 2005-2008 year range.

Has a high crash safety rating (5) and good performance.

Yeah, it's been called the "Baby Bentley" by some (as it does kind of resemble a Rolls Royce Bentley in styling). But, I've always liked the design ever since they debuted.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Don't own one but rented one once while on a trip.
Actually we reserved a compact car but they were out so we got a 300 instead for the same price.

We picked it up at O'Hare airport in Chicago and drove it to Green Bay for a game and to spend the weekend.
(GO PACKERS).

The car was awesome! It had great room, really nice power and excellent brakes. It was a nice looking car also with a large trunk.

I would not hesitate to own one after driving it.

Before spending the money on one go to Hertz or something and rent one for a day and drive it around and see how it works for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Chrysler has a habit of letting 2 year old do their electrical work for them so i dont trust anythnig mopar will put out. Damn shame to because i love the new Challengers and the tailight set up on the very newer Chargers. The 300C looks good as long as its in a dark blue, silver or the best Black.

All to expensive, get an old GM w-body 2-door Grand Prix, Lumina Carlo Z34(same car), Regal or the best in my opinion from all the final generation of Oldsmobile Cutlass which i have. Junkyard are full of parts to keep them going, you can make them look very nice, and they`re big enough you wont feel like a ricer in a FWD car. Gas milage is pretty good too.

I have worked on one just the other day and had to give up. Something to do with the theft system keeps draining the battery because the automatic interior lights wouldnt go off unless you removed the fuse. Its a defect in the way which the computer talks to the rest of the car. Similar things have happened on previous Chyslers like the Concorde and LHS.
edit on 11-4-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I used to work for Chrysler as a technician, and I will say that they are actually o.k. cars... until you have to fix them. Up until 2008 much of its DNA is european (Mercedes specifically), and so when something breaks, you will spend Mercedes money. Until then, they are actually quite good. The engines are all Chrysler, while the trans and drivetrain are from Germany. Chrysler split from Daimler in 2009-09 and from there they have been putting their own technology in them, and by the time I left they were too new to tell if they were junk or not. But yea, I would own a 300C. The 2.7L can't get out of its own way, and the 3.5L is decent.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just don't buy one of the 6s and you'll be fine. I rented a 2010 a while back. I don't remember if it was the C or S but there was probably a Northern NY to Hartford time record broken.

I actually has more fun with the SRT4 though.

new topics

top topics

join