It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

age of criminal acountability being raised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A one in a million (if not higher?) case should not affect the rule of law.

What should be done, is the parents should be looked at, and the children, to find out why something like this would have happened. There is no reason laws should be changed for something less likely to happen than a lightning strike. Unless you can show me that 10 year olds are killing kids and it's becoming epidemic.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ironic. Raise the age of accountability and criminal prosecution of minors, when the age of crimes being committed by minors grossly decreases. No. I am not advocating incarcerating a five year old, but simply stating what is transpiring these days.

More than likely these events have been discussed, however to reiterate my point, a few examples:

www.foxnews.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.myfoxdc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/child-shoots-another-child-on-playground-in-hillcrest-heights-063011

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are right about all that IMO. I was just using sex crimes as an example because it was the first thing that came to mind.

The whole criminal justice system is flawed beyond repair in my opinion and that we should educate people, not necessarily incarcerate them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

You may think that it's easy inside but it's not always like that.

I knew people here in the U.S, in my home state that went to jail and most of the jails in my state do not have many luxuries other than cable TV (which is supposed to keep them pacified and often does). Some jails also have vocational programs and one can finish their h.s diploma or take a few college-level courses in there.

People on the outside view this as a luxury but as I said, TV *programming* is literally that. You soften a criminals brain long enough with trash TV and they look/act just like any other sheep.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

hya
i do agree but..
try telling that to a person thats worked hard for years
struggling to pay the mortgage and a family to feed
jail would seem an easy option
as far as i know
no one has ever starved to death in prison
unless its intentional of course
cheers