It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got pranked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Okay. So I am at work doing my thing my buddy sends me a text saying this,

"Not sure how I'm involved in this, but a lady named Nancy Holden called me looking for you. Call her at 603-413-4127 she wouldn't say what its about."

So I am like wtf? I called the number, and it was a recording saying that by calling this number my information has been submitted to their database. Saying that I maybe infected with a STD and it was a STD prevention line...I got a little nervous and stayed on the line later heard other different recordings...

So I reversed the number on Accurint didn't give me any information, then I googled it. Found out it was a prank txted my buddy and he told me it was a prank...But I was pretty nervous when I heard that recording.

Never heard of a cell phone prank so I am telling you all BEWARE. It's a growing trend.

This happen to anyone else?

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No,but given your handle maybe you should check yourself out just to be safe.

sorry,could not help myself on that one.Have a good day sir.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
No,but given your handle maybe you should check yourself out just to be safe.

sorry,could not help myself on that one.Have a good day sir.

Haha I couldn't either if I was you.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

If you dont know the number
let the voicemail do its magic work

I would only call your number in the thread from a public phone
dont take any chance .. most scams and criminal check just if you are there at home
your friend shouldnt do prank like that
edit on 3/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I did that to my best friend a year or two back. different kind of prank though.

I said the exact same thing to my friend (that you the OP got.) and he called up and got an Indian guy saying your friendship has been outsourced to India and then goes on to state how they can be best pals. lets just say it was an epic prank that got a few lolz.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

If you dont know the number
let the voicemail do its magic work

I would only call your number in the thread from a public phone
dont take any chance .. most scams and criminal check just if you are there at home
your friend shouldnt do prank like that
edit on 3/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I am at work no video. Also my phone number is listed as a wireless caller and isn't registered to me so I am not worried. Just had me going at the time.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

My friend did something similar to me a while back. He sent me a text message saying to call him urgently and gave me a number I didn't recognize.
I rang the number thinking he was working in London due to the area code and I was greeted with the gay hotline.

I thought it was funny so I sent it on to my mum...who couldn't get to a phone...and then started to worry.........
so yeah I guess they're bad...

I have seen a few ad's for text pranking while browsing the infoweb now and then but that isn't really my thing.
Infact, I think there was one on ats today.

new topics

top topics

join