It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

First of all...I said those numbers were both Special Forces AND Rangers...which the U.S. have in MASSIVE numbers.

Secondly...as far as one F-15 being shot down by another F-15....that is almost like semantics and even though the F-15's are being replaced by a smaller number of F-22 Raptors and Raptor production is beeing held down not just because of their high cost...but...the U.S.A.F. is under a directive to develop Super High Speed....Manuverability....and Lethal...Robotic Fighter and Attack Aircraft that will not only be much Stealthier than an F-22 but unmanned and capable of performing long distance penetration of enemy airspace as well as performing speeds and manuvers that would KILL a manned craft.

Still the F-15 which there are A,B,C,D,E...and other varients are being upgraded and if I had a choice and one of my close relatives was an Eagle Pilot....a choice of being in an F-15 or a Eurofighter or any other craft other than an F-22 or new Robotic USAF fighter....I WOULD CHOOSE THE F-15....and so would just about any pilot.

As far as the EF2000/TYPHOON....too many cooks spoil the soup...the Germans understood this and backed out of several concepts in development and production with this lame duck.

You talk about a friendly game of Airplane Tactics...well...the U.S. has ben doing the REAL THING consistantly for over 60 years almost continuous. I would not get all High and Mighty over a fake exercize. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Almost forgot....that S-300 missle you are talking about will have it's internal guidence BURNED OUT by any F-15 flying. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
First of all...I said those numbers were both Special Forces AND Rangers...which the U.S. have in MASSIVE numbers.

Not really, certainly not in the "tens of thousands" (Rangers only have a single regiment of 6 battalions, 3 of which are training battalions) and would be useless in some sort of SF-orgy attack on Iran. SF operate as small, independent units, not field formations so it is merely a wet-dream to imagine deploying tens of thousands of them in some humongous attack on Iran. The actual premise is ridiculous, more so than the numbers.

Secondly...as far as one F-15 being shot down by another F-15....that is almost like semantics and even though the F-15's are being replaced by a smaller number of F-22 Raptors and Raptor production is beeing held down not just because of their high cost...but...the U.S.A.F. is under a directive to develop Super High Speed....Manuverability....and Lethal...Robotic Fighter and Attack Aircraft that will not only be much Stealthier than an F-22 but unmanned and capable of performing long distance penetration of enemy airspace as well as performing speeds and manuvers that would KILL a manned craft.

Indeed they are and because of the UK's BAe being highly involved in the F-22 and F-35 we are now developing UCAV's that rival yours, such as the Corax, Fury, Zephyr (I could go on for a while). The era of US aerial supremacy is coming to an end, at least in terms of tech. Any country worth it's salt has a UCAV programme and several are neck and neck with the US.

Still the F-15 which there are A,B,C,D,E...and other varients are being upgraded and if I had a choice and one of my close relatives was an Eagle Pilot....a choice of being in an F-15 or a Eurofighter or any other craft other than an F-22 or new Robotic USAF fighter....I WOULD CHOOSE THE F-15....and so would just about any pilot.

"Any other pilot"? Grand statement there, but I am guessing you've only spoken to F-15 pilots. That's like asking an Indy500 driver if he prefers that or F1. I'm not saying the F-15 isn't a good aircraft, it is capable indeed, but it's had it's day.

As far as the EF2000/TYPHOON....too many cooks spoil the soup...the Germans understood this and backed out of several concepts in development and production with this lame duck.

The Germans pulled out in the early stages due to disagreements over "design leadership" from Dassault (the French later pulled out as well, for the same reasons) and the UK's insistence on using a Rolls-Royce engine. It had nothing to do with the concept and more to do with national politics and industry. If you even had a cursory knowledge of the EU, you'd know all our projects get bogged down not because of any inadequacy from the design, but who get's to build what.

It's hardly a lame duck (It's a highly versatile platform actually) and you're coming across as somewhat of a fanboy of the F-15.

You talk about a friendly game of Airplane Tactics...well...the U.S. has ben doing the REAL THING consistantly for over 60 years almost continuous. I would not get all High and Mighty over a fake exercize.

The "real thing", hey? When was the last time the US went up against any nation that even dared to put aircraft in the air, let alone have the numbers or tech to even think about winning? Korea springs to mind, although the North Vietnamese did throw some MIG's at you guys.

The UK, on the other hand, has had relatively recent air combat experience against a (then) equally developed and numerically superior air force while thousands of miles from home. If you want an aircraft that has gone up against it's equals and not suffered a loss, then look no further than the Harrier mate, of which the US just bought the last of the UK's inventory.

(And before you chime in about how rubbish the Harrier is for the USMC, it isn't a British built or designed one. McDonald Douglas bought the licence, then changed fundamental design features, as well as the pilots themselves being at fault. Most USMC Harrier crashes are down to pilot error)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Confident about a system which the West knows little about and has never gone up against.....

It would pay to be cautious... But then, you Yanks aren't known for that are you?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Before I speek again about numbers of troops....I will inform you on two things that I personally know is occuring.
Even though the F-15A's and B's are being relugated to the ANG....Air National Guard....and the C's and D's are being kept as front line Airwings as well as the relatively new F-15E's which are without a doubt the most capable and variable Attack Aircraft in existance as Janes has said itself. These F-15's with the exception of the E's are being replaced by a smaller number of F-22's...since the F-22's are too expensive to build in numbers as the F-15's....it has been decided to limit their number in favor of Robotic some fully others remotely New Fighter/Attack Aircraft that will be pilotless.

These Aircraft will have unparralleled capabilities since without the disadvantage of a Human Pilot....they will be able to perform manuvers and speeds that would kill a man...plus without a pilot, ejection seat, Canopy, Windows, Instrumentation and all that goes along with keeping a pilot alive...a Huge Advantage in Flying Distance and stealth penetration as they will be even more Stealthy than the Current F-22 as well as the ability to carry more fuel and weapons as well as ability to increace flying time dramaticly.

This was decided as an alternative to sending hugesums of money on the F-22 when we could build...and are and have built varients of these robotic Craft for use in both the USAF as well as USN and Marines. This means the F-35 will be more an export plane than a U.S. plane of choice and direction. Nothing in the sky will touch these Robotic Craft nor does any other country have anything near them on the drawing board.

As far as Special Forces and U.S. Rangers and Airborne...these numbers have been steadily going up for the past 12 years and when I say Tens of thousands...I am not saying 500,000....but more than 10,000.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Confident about a system which the West knows little about and has never gone up against.....

It would pay to be cautious... But then, you Yanks aren't known for that are you?

As far as what the U.S. has done both in real life....is also actively experimented in several areas of the Vast U.S. Desert in Nevada, Utah and other states. Unlike most countries...the U.S. buy's or in one way or another...get's it's hands on the Best the world has to offer for Planes...this includd the Typhoon....then we putour best test pilots in them and send them out against all varients of what we have publicly flying and what we do not advertise.

In a real WAR...we KNOW what we are up against....and the one thing we lead in is ELECTRONIC WARFARE.
I don't care if you send out an F-15A out against the best of what is out there...the other aircraft is going to loose because it will not be able to perform in the manner it wa designed to. That enemy pilot will have their systems burned out and Missle Lock will be impossible because...be have a highly interconnective and intergrated Electronic Warfare system that uses everything from on board electronic pulses and flares to J-Stars, AWACS and Satellites. Playing games is one thing...WAR agaist us is another. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Nothing in the sky will touch these Robotic Craft nor does any other country have anything near them on the drawing board.

The rest of your post aside (it is fluff), this comment stands out. You honestly believe this, don't you? Wake up!

The UK has had it's fingers so far up your aircraft industry for years, we are very much keeping up. The UK has the 2nd largest aeronautics industry in the world and BAe caused quite a fuss in Congress some years ago when all the shiny tech that is showing up in the F-22 and F-35 is on the Corax. The F-22's avionics and cockpit systems are primarily BAe designed and we just "borrowed" your stealth tech like you did our RADAR and Jet tech in WW2.

Then there is the Israeli's themselves who are very good at UAV's (also by "borrowing" US tech). Other EU countries too are well advanced and I dare say China and Russia are keeping pace.

The fact you say "no other country have anything near them on the drawing board." shows you haven't the foggiest and are blinded by national pride.

As far as Special Forces and U.S. Rangers and Airborne...these numbers have been steadily going up for the past 12 years and when I say Tens of thousands...I am not saying 500,000....but more than 10,000.
Split Infinity

Regardless, there is still not going to be some uber-SF invasion of Iran. Such a thing is unheard of. What you are suggesting happens with the SF at the US disposal flies in the face of all accepted SF doctrine. Again, it seems very much like your chest thumping without much actual thought on what you're saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hubris..

You're making the assumption any future enemy is as poorly equipped as the 3rd world nations you've slapped about for the last 50 years. Any NATO nation has as good (and in some cases better) counter measures and counter-counter-measures. It is reasonable to assume that top shelf Russian tech is also not as easy to push over. It would be foolish to think you could as easily remove from the sky a capable opponent as you can Iraq or Serbia, which are the only recent nations to even put aircraft in the air (and only a handful, token gesture)

As for flying our aircraft, we fly yours too. In fact, such a programme has been in place since the 70's. We've even flown your stealth aircraft, including the B-2.

I'm done now, I can't debate with someone so blinkered by national pride.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Sorry scarlet i am talking about the fact that they are saying hidden...and then the locations they show for these apparent sites are...guess.....coal burning generation......also .....I believe that Iran has just as much right to want nuclear as a defense for their sovereignty just as much as Israel...The US ....or China and Russia ....India or Pakistan......speaking of which...Pakistan...a nuclear nation...rogue....Al Qaeda Links ....and is israel going at them....LOL.

Come on here....Iran should speak out loud and tell the world to F($*£ off as they are doing what everyone else is doing....the only dif is that there is this country called Israel dishing out more rubbish against.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

i have one word here.......ROME.

nufffffff said

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Hubris..

You're making the assumption any future enemy is as poorly equipped as the 3rd world nations you've slapped about for the last 50 years. Any NATO nation has as good (and in some cases better) counter measures and counter-counter-measures. It is reasonable to assume that top shelf Russian tech is also not as easy to push over. It would be foolish to think you could as easily remove from the sky a capable opponent as you can Iraq or Serbia, which are the only recent nations to even put aircraft in the air (and only a handful, token gesture)

As for flying our aircraft, we fly yours too. In fact, such a programme has been in place since the 70's. We've even flown your stealth aircraft, including the B-2.

I'm done now, I can't debate with someone so blinkered by national pride.

Blinded by National Pride? Uh....NO. With the exception of the RADAR statement...which is true...the UK had a very good for it's time Radar Tech...which we borrowed....we also would never have had a WWII if the European Nations LISTENED TO THE UNITED STATES....that the amount of WAR REPARATIONS demanded from Germany were WAY TOO HIGH and this caused people STARVING IN THE GERMAN STREETS and was the single greatest reason for the rise of ADOLF HITLER and the NAZI'S!

You talk about National Pride but the more the U.S. literally SCREAMED....ENOUGH! Our concerns were met with HARUMPH! HARUMPH! Those Young Whipper Snapper Americans are trying to tell....US...how to run EUROPEAN AFFAIRS! So what happened? Well...we all know what happened...a resurgent Nationalism in Germany and alot of DEAD PEOPLE including alot of AMERICANS...fighting another European War....despite Japan....and Millions of Tons of Material shipped into G.B. because without us...you would be polishing Jack Boots.....or as an actor puts it in a FISH CALLED WANDA....THE SMALLEST PROVINCE IN THE SOVIET EMPIRE! LOL!

I make NO ASSUMPTIONS about possible enemy Tactics or Abilities....true...there are always surprises....but nothing that has not already been factored in. As far as G.B.'s abilities in warfare...just about everything...even their own plans for building a Tank which they do very well...is ALWAYS in direct consultation with the United States. This has been a directive since WWII and is ment as a way for both countries to easily combind and coordinate forces. Great Brittan is the owner of one Weapon System built for Electric Boat in the U.S. known as an OHIO CLASS NUCLEAR SUBMARINE loaded with 24 UGM133 TRIDENT II MIRVED....16 per missle on the U.S. Ohio Class and 4 TRIDENT II systems installed on the UK VANGUARD SUBS with total capacity of 14 Missles and a lessor MIRV capacity on the Brittish TRIDENT II system.

Each OHIO Class Sub...could carry as manny as 192 Nuclear Warheads of unparralled acuracy as well as Destructive Ability for a Sub. It is awfully nice that we sold you 4 TRIDENT SYSTEMS. The Current START treaties and other new ones were ratified by the U.S. when we had no real reason to do so other than tha fact that the U.S. has moved on to Direct Energy Weapon systems that will virtually make Nukes OBSOLETE. But then again...what do I know? It's not like I work for them or anything! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube

i have one word here.......ROME.

nufffffff said

That's what John Lennon Called New York...Rome...and he liked it.
Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join