It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney from a Canadian perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've spoken with a few people at work and cafe's about the US election and most all of them heard about Ron Paul and do support his ideals, but when I mentioned Romney it seems we all had the exact same consensus in a nutshell:

The MSM of the U.S is pushing Romney to the front. (Knowing Obama can beat him)
The American people want their Caucus/Primary vote to be for the winner of the night. (Secretive bragging rights)
The American people want to vote for a "good looking" man.
Those same Americans who voted for Romney, will not vote for him in the Presidential Election.

So from a Canadian to the Americans on this forum..
How far off or close are we to the reality?
edit on 7-3-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You are lucky to even find people who know anything about the elections in the U.S. Everyone I know is completely oblivious to all candidates and their policies. We Canadians are so apathetic that when our PM's party is accused of voting fraud, no one mentions a thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

Yeah I can't help but agree, in fact, you'll find Canadians more informed on the US elections than our own. My coworker is constantly going on about Ron Paul while completely oblivious to the vote fraud scandal here at home.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've never been in lock-step with my fellow Americans, but your Canadian friends seem to be seeing it as it is.

Mitt is being pushed to the forefront because he will lose against Obama. TPTB want Obama in for a second term, and so they have to put a bozo up against him, much like four years ago when they put Insane McCain as the GOP candidate.

Most Americans pick their candidate based on his looks and what nonsense he spews during the campaign. They have no long-term memory and whatever B.S. they are fed today on the MSM obliterates whatever was told to them yesterday.

The funny thing about Americans and their politicians is, the guy can be a real scum-bag, a thief, a liar, a corporate piece of stool, and crooked as the day is long, and Americans forget about it as soon as they're told. But if he cheats on his wife or sends naughty pics of his member to a stranger, his career is over.

Tell your Canadian friends that they're correct. Many Americans are that dense when it comes to whom they vote for.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I've spoken with a few people at work and cafe's about the US election and most all of them heard about Ron Paul and do support his ideals, but when I mentioned Romney it seems we all had the exact same consensus in a nutshell:

The MSM of the U.S is pushing Romney to the front. (Knowing Obama can beat him)
The American people want their Caucus/Primary vote to be for the winner of the night. (Secretive bragging rights)
The American people want to vote for a "good looking" man.
Those same Americans who voted for Romney, will not vote for him in the Presidential Election.

So from a Canadian to the Americans on this forum..
How far off or close are we to the reality?
edit on 7-3-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

The MSM wants Romney? If they are looking for someone to beat the President...Mitt has the best chance against any of the jokers in the field. You can criticize him but not with the mudslinging sure to ensue if any of the others are made the nominee. Santorum, Gingrich and Paul can all be made to look a little looney or eccentric but all you can do to Romney is make him look uber-wealthy and out of touch. One good day and he could raise in the polls.

It is difficult to beat an incumbent President but I don't think the MSM likes Romney. He is a snake oil salesman and even the Conservatives he represents don't like him because he was author and sponsor and creator of ROMNEY-CARE, a failed social experiment in his home State of Mass.

Still I think we should bring back a public option.
We need a health care system like you all have in Canada.
edit on 7-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join