It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Commission International Exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
About 1977, when I was still a young man, I got involved in a non-denomination Christian group called Cornerstone in Kansas City. It was trying to get back to Christianity as practiced in the book of Acts, and met in houses at first. Later, they bought a church building, and gave a goodly amount of my own money for that purpose. Later, the founder of the movement, Jim McCotter, came into town in an executive jet, and began to make everyone toe the line, and give their allegiance to the Great Commission International. They used techniques which I recognized as brainwashing methods.

This morning I took a look back, on W-pedia, and saw their logo. It speaks volumes. Click on the link, scroll down, and keep an eye on the right-hand border. Do you see the reversed, semi-superimposed sixes? Three of them, so there we have the number of the Beast [666] on the logo of a Christian group. Beware/be aware!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Thanks for the heads up. I don't like that 666 symbol either, it's the same symbol basically that's on the NKJV bibles.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

came into town in an executive jet, and began to make everyone toe the line, and give their allegiance to the Great Commission International.

So they are a GCI church? I thought you said they were non-denominational, did I read the OP wrong? If any person wants the church to "toe the line" of a national body or group then they are not "non-denominational".

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

came into town in an executive jet, and began to make everyone toe the line, and give their allegiance to the Great Commission International.

So they are a GCI church? I thought you said they were non-denominational, did I read the OP wrong? If any person wants the church to "toe the line" of a national body or group then they are not "non-denominational".

Well, they were non-denominational when I hooked up with them, but things changed at some point - perhaps when the decision was made to move all the little semi-independent house groups under one roof, so that the flock could be more easily controlled. In retrospect, it all makes sense to me now. That was part of the point I was trying to make. Nowadays, I can hardly abide any denominational slant.

BTW, I can't find any "666" symbolism in or on my NKJV, so I guess it's back to W-pedia...

Edit: OK, I took a look, and saw the NKJV logo alongside several esoteric/pagan/wiccan uses of the same symbol/logo. Thank YOU for the heads up!
edit on 7-3-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I hear ya. I've had my palate seared by denominational Christianity before. And I don't at all want to degenerate Christ or His church, but something just doesn't sit right with me having a state or national organization that dictates what is said and not said from the pulpit. Jesus is the head of His church, not some state or national body.

In all the years of going to denominational churches I had never once saw the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in a service like I have since going to "Spirit-filled" church that doesn't insult the Holy Spirit by saying He doesn't work today in the body of Christ.

He sure does, He's not dead.

top topics

join