It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers: Rare astronomical alignment may have doomed Titanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This April will mark the 100th anniversary of the Titanic.

I find it interesting that people still research what happened. I don't know if this article is true, but it is interesting none the less.

But on January 4, the moon was near full and at its closest distance to the Earth in 1,400 years. A day earlier, Earth was at perihelion, its closest distance to the sun all year. The alignment of Earth, sun and moon created an exceptionally strong "spring tide" which could have refloated icebergs grounded on the northwestern Atlantic coast, the researchers said.

cnn.com

Now I have heard before that the icebergs were unseasonal, and that was part of the problem. That they strayed from their normal patterns of movement, but this was do to a climate change at the time, and I haven't been able to find that article since.

Either way, whether the Captain's experience told him there shouldn't be ice bergs, he should of still hailed the information he received.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Darn It! lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ahahahahahahhahah i dont find it funny that the titanic crashed

i find it funny that the launched it right on time with such an alignment..... ritual purposes?

i mean, comon, how long did that thing take to build, just to be launched when the sun and the moon are at the closest points to earth, HRMMM

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
ahahahahahahhahah i dont find it funny that the titanic crashed

i find it funny that the launched it right on time with such an alignment..... ritual purposes?

i mean, comon, how long did that thing take to build, just to be launched when the sun and the moon are at the closest points to earth, HRMMM

Is there any foundation to the allegation that J.P Morgan financed the construction of the Titanic?

The only thing I found was this Link and I have no idea of the credibility of the information

new topics

top topics

join