3 in family dead, 4th sickened from respiratory illness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

it's like reading 'The Stand' with the sniffles
reply to post by Whisper67

I love the reference. A little creepy to think of it being that bad but I loved the book.

I don't know if anyone posted this but try sterilizing your toothbrush after each use if you are sick. Just soak it in mouthwash for a few minutes.

This may be the reason some people say they get over it only to get sick again a few days later.

Does it make sense or am I crazy?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i got sick a few days ago,(still stick) i haven't been sick in years. I have a strict diet and work out routine so i'm pissed.

Diet and fitness do nothing to prevent a virus.

You can't beat up a virus either. You will loose.

You can also get Whooping Cough if your not immunized. It's spreading all over the country and killed quite a few kids last year because the adults who cared for them refused to get immunized. The paranoid adult survives, but they kill their own children due to their paranoia.

Exercise and diet won't help you with Mumps, Measles, Pneumonia or a long list of others. The Vaccines will though. They might save children's lives too if your an adult in contact with kids and exposed to the Whooping Cough. Nearly killed me as a child, but back then there was no Vaccine, so not my Parents fault. Killed two kids in my class in a couple of months. No joke here. Now the adults are directly responsible for the deaths if they don't get the vaccine and they are around kids. Amounts to manslaughter. Paranoia and Phobia's can be deadly to others in this case.

On topic-

The normal Flu kills around thirty six thousand people in the US most years. Every year when the stories pop up the paranoid bunch show up with wild theories of how they are killing us, even though Flu deaths were far worse pre-Modern Medicine, completely disproving the wild theories.

The Swine Flu all the panic was about has killed very few and was way overblown, but the normal Flu is having a normal year. On a normal year you can have 50,000 deaths or more. I suppose they assume most people know that?

Considering how many die on a normal year, statistically this one cluster is completely meaningless on its own. Random chance could account for that.

It would be cruel to scare those with phobias by hyping this out of proportion. Does not matter though, the panic will spread anyway. This is how it starts. By tomorrow the story will be completely rewritten and the paranoid delusional will invent new parts to the story. It's smart for the CDC to not panic people, way smarter than those who take pleasure in it. Wait until the they are killing all of us crowd sink their teeth into this fairly normal Flu Season.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Like getreadyalready we also have some kind of upper respiratory thing going around in So. FL that is not the flu. People have the same symptoms. A deep hacking cough from deep in the lungs, feeling like fluid or pneumonia stuck there. A nasty sounding cough. Many people have it. Radiation? Inhaling particles of who knows what? There have been some scary studies about air quality not being what we think.

I treated this like a minor cold since I got the flu shot and was sure it would pass. After a couple weeks it got worse and felt like a lung infection so bad I wondered if it was even gonna be reversible. 2 Z packs later and it still lingers but I thought to myself I am relatively young and strong this would kill my mother in her 90s and I am sure others older and weaker have succumbed to it. Can't think of any past cold or flu it reminds me of - which is why I think it is something new I haven't had before. Other than the sneezing and chest congestion, there is/was nothing else wrong with me.

What I find significant is that everyone describes this as "upper respiratory" which it is compared to colds and flu that are around the nose face and head. This is all in the chest. Nobody died fortunately but I don't even know that for certain.

edit on 7-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by wlord
i got sick a few days ago,(still stick) i haven't been sick in years. I have a strict diet and work out routine so i'm pissed.

Diet and fitness do nothing to prevent a virus.

You can't beat up a virus either. You will loose.

You can also get Whooping Cough if your not immunized. It's spreading all over the country and killed quite a few kids last year because the adults who cared for them refused to get immunized. The paranoid adult survives, but they kill their own children due to their paranoia.

Exercise and diet won't help you with Mumps, Measles, Pneumonia or a long list of others. The Vaccines will though. They might save children's lives too if your an adult in contact with kids and exposed to the Whooping Cough. Nearly killed me as a child, but back then there was no Vaccine, so not my Parents fault. Killed two kids in my class in a couple of months. No joke here. Now the adults are directly responsible for the deaths if they don't get the vaccine and they are around kids. Amounts to manslaughter. Paranoia and Phobia's can be deadly to others in this case.

On topic-

The normal Flu kills around thirty six thousand people in the US most years. Every year when the stories pop up the paranoid bunch show up with wild theories of how they are killing us, even though Flu deaths were far worse pre-Modern Medicine, completely disproving the wild theories.

The Swine Flu all the panic was about has killed very few and was way overblown, but the normal Flu is having a normal year. On a normal year you can have 50,000 deaths or more. I suppose they assume most people know that?

Considering how many die on a normal year, statistically this one cluster is completely meaningless on its own. Random chance could account for that.

It would be cruel to scare those with phobias by hyping this out of proportion. Does not matter though, the panic will spread anyway. This is how it starts. By tomorrow the story will be completely rewritten and the paranoid delusional will invent new parts to the story. It's smart for the CDC to not panic people, way smarter than those who take pleasure in it. Wait until the they are killing all of us crowd sink their teeth into this fairly normal Flu Season.

Erm, not to be rude, but you do realize by the proper diet and exercise, you are healthier, thus better able to fight things off...right? Just saying. Also does anyone know where the hell the rumor that a funeral director died started? Any leads would be nice.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

That has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. Where did I say fitness and healthy eating are bad? Of course they are a good thing.

However a virus does not care. For instance the H1N1 Flu kills children but elderly people are almost immune. I had it and I've had common colds far worse. Due to my age and my immunity passed from my Father who survived the Spanish Flu, it is not an issue for me. He lost five siblings to it though in one year on one farm. It killed five of eleven kids in one family. That was 1918 if I recall the year. He would have been seven I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Perhaps the gov would be wise to let a few dozen deaths go before even trying to contain so they don't have to listen to conspiracy theorists call bull

Like the gov did down in Panama?

Not so good of an idea....

Look up Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC) and look up how the Social
Security Hospital hid the outbreak, and the cause of it
...the recent unearthing
of mass graves dug while the canal is widened...the deadly pneumonia
that killed thousands decades and decades of years ago

www.healthmap.org...

That article is just a starting place...connect the dots.

Google Klebsiella Pneumoniae hundreds killed...you will see....

FRENADESO CSS indicates that the pressure on the health personnel for this information not be disclosed, thereby trying to hide from the people the truth of what happens on the bacteria that has officially killed more than 60 Panamanians and that has spread to the province of Chiriqui. Until when there has been a denial of Social Security Fund. lac / lma

www.flutrackers.com...

So this happened how many months ago...does anyone travel from Panama to the U.S.
......yes.

www.panama-guide.com...
edit on 8-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Ahh, I see what you are getting at. My apologies. I guess I just mis-read what you had written. Or mis-interpreted it anyways. I was surfing the comment section of the articles the OP had listed and couldn't find any mention of anyone outside of the family getting sick. Also not4ed that at first the health department people over there had said 4 out of 5 sickened people had died and then changed/corrected it to 3 out of 4 sickened people had died. Just an error, I suppose, but hell, you gotta be careful with errors when reporting things like this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Oh shiz, its Captain Tripps!
2nd

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

most of the survivors of the black plague were pipe tobacco smokers

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yes I work in two health facilities in Oklahoma and the acute bronchitis and walking pneumonia numbers have been much greater than previous years. I had a friend whose niece who was an athletic health young girl, got some bug said she didn't feel good and a day later passed away, she had flu and respiratory symptoms too.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There is something to be said for colloidal silver (5mlx2 per day), vitamin D3 drops (approx. 6000 to 10,000 IU which is 6 to 10 drops) and Vitamin C (5000 to 10,000 mg), phytonutrients, spirulina, chlorella and pure acai and Mona Vie juices MX as preventative measures. I know there will always be skeptics but this has merit. A great deal of merit.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm a smoker and I rarely if ever get sick, hmmmmmm, are you onto something here, or just being sarcastic? Either way, Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
3 old people died. One (i bet younger) is still in the hospital.

I have nothing to say. Surely the end is nigh.

Its a good thing I switched my car insurance to Geico.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Totally serious. The most healthy guys were the first to get sick whenever we deployed to another country.

But I never did, nor did any of the smokers.

Weird.
edit on 8-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is not the best photo

wusa9.com...

But this guy is wearing either an old USAMRIID or BSL 3 biosafety suit

NOT a good thing.

This is what the new USAMRIID BSL4 suits look like that we have to wear

This is the CDC version of their BSL4 suit
edit on 8-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

thisguyrighthere
I'm always on a antibiotics i carry the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa but i don't take oral antibiotics its in inhaled form called TOBI ..I have cystic fibrosis ..But now im slapped with this bug or flu what ever it is they also put me on Pen V K 500 mgs 4 times a day and its not doing much so today they also put me on Azithromycin if this doesn't clear it they will put me in the hospital ..What ever this flu is its not normal its like nothing ive ever had and my lungs are already shot and this flu is making it harder to breath and the coughing has made my chest so sore ..I have to wonder if the government isn't hiding something to many people are sick with this..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
This is not the best photo

wusa9.com...

But this guy is wearing either an old USAMRIID or BSL 3 biosafety suit

NOT a good thing.

This is what the new BSL4 suits that we have to wear

I could imagine trying to do "The Robot" in that get up. Chances are you'll get shot.

I used to work CBRNE and always hated MOPP 4, Then they added plastic to the levels and it became ungodly hot.

Do the new BIO suits have a decent airflow?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I can tell you I have been hearing tamiflu ads on the radio everyday. is it over the counter now?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yes, if you want to call it that. The air supply is 5 to 7bars and you have several relief ports.
CBRNE w/MOPP 4! Man, I bet you really had to embrace the suck. I'm glad your out.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I know not everyone believes in this, but I have gotten a respiratory illness every single time it has rained the last 5 months here in California. Heavy chemtrails the days prior to raining. Maybe a coincidence? Been sick 5 times since November. I think they're spraying us with viruses. Testing perhaps?

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join